FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Umbrella rig
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

3RD GRIP Pole Holster?

+2
jeffcpr
IN2DEEP
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:56 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Is the 3RD GRIP Pole Holster handy on the float tubes?
I already have one. Going to go with one rod to start with.
I think I'm going to keep it simple at the beginning then start adding PVC holders and ff after getting used to using it and figuring out what feels comfortable.

23RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:42 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Good plan get a feeling for the tube first then start adding on. The 3rd grip should work just fine for you at the start good luck and we all want to know how it goes. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

33RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh yea you will build more and more and more and more good luck lol

43RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I made some rod holders fer the huge swimbait rods. Had to make em my self cuz premade rod holders were to short an put the ass of my rod in the water. Walmart has jus bout everythin to make some nice holders fer cheap.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

53RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:29 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hardware store some pvc or ABS is the way to go

63RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ABS will be used
It's lighter than PVC and I think will resist cracking better.

73RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

ABS is lighter but it cost more and the smallest it comes is 1-1/2".
I have ABS only cause I am plumber it didnt cost me anything. When I redo mine, I will be using PVC due to more option in fittings.
ABS and PVC will both crack but for what we are doing you have nothing to worry about it.

83RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I actually used both on my set up just be cause that's what I have laying around I found about 20 feet on the trash of 1inch and been using that as well there is a place that's cheap than home depot and Lowe it called aj's wholesale in paramount / long beach off the 91 frwy

93RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

socaltexan

socaltexan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Remember if you use PVC, go with 1" fittings and schedule 80 (thin wall) PVC pipe. Most rods will not fit if you use schedule 40 pipe. The 1" will fit most rods. I personally like 4 rod holders. This way I have 2 bait casters and 2 spinning reels ready. The spinning reels are setup with a drop shot and a wacky worm. The bait casters are rigged with a crankbait and a worm.

103RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

socaltexan wrote:Remember if you use PVC, go with 1" fittings and schedule 80 (thin wall) PVC pipe. Most rods will not fit if you use schedule 40 pipe. The 1" will fit most rods. I personally like 4 rod holders. This way I have 2 bait casters and 2 spinning reels ready. The spinning reels are setup with a drop shot and a wacky worm. The bait casters are rigged with a crankbait and a worm.
I believe that you have the pipe schedules reversed. The 80 is the heavy wall and usually gray colored and the 40 is the thinner wall. There's even a thinner wall than the 40 but I'm not sure what you call that stuff nor would recommend using it for this application.
Knowing what my rod butts will fit into, I'm going to use 1 1/4" dia. and 1 1/2" for the holder tubes

113RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm

pvc sch 40 is fine. pvc sch 80 is over kill and cost too much.
on the rod holders them selfs use 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" but the rest of the build I would use 1".
I would build the whole set up out of the same size pipe that your going to buy. I know alot of places sell pipe in 10ft or 20ft sections.

123RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aj's wholesale sale pvc cheaper than home depot and Lowes

133RD GRIP Pole Holster? Empty Re: 3RD GRIP Pole Holster? Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yep AJ's. Tinker toys boys you remember those don't you? Just tinker toys all over again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum