FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ??

+4
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
Fisher
goangels
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:23 am

goangels

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey everyone thinking about getting into fishing from float tube. Any advice on a quality tube and waders?? I live in newport and like to fish fresh and salt year round any advice would be great.

2WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:04 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums everyone here has good advice u will find things helpful here waders i like the neoprean and tube for me any tube as long as im out on the water and im not rich so i always find the cheapest one dont get the round ones tho to hard to get in and out

3WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:15 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum. I like the bucks bag rouhneck or outcast fishcat/ breathable waders.

Last edited by n2deepfsw on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

4WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome glad you found us I am sure we will see you in Newport often. Fish Cat, is always a good choice or I also like the ODC 42o and the newest Rough Neck by Buck's Bags. Waders just find what fits and in on sale just my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:24 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome welcome to this great site..... As far as tube n wadders caddis is the way to go in my opinion. Can go to sportchalet n get a caddis u tube fer 79.99 n a pair of neoprene waders fer 49.99 also by caddis. I have both an love em. I recommend getting a pair of fins that fit over waders, trust me ull want em. Summer time dont need to worry bout waders n special fins. Good luck with findin a set up!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

6WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:28 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome! I like creek company float tubes and I don't even know the brand of my waders but I know a guy who has a Velcro fly on his and warms the water for every one just an ideal on the style of waders lol

7WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

goangels

FTFF Gathering Officer

whats the difference between neoprene and breathable waders and situations for using each?

8WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I prefer the breathable waders. when you sweat with neoprene and you will, it can't escape through the waders. The breathable ones helps the Persperation to escape. For colder days or nights I wear jeans or sweats under and for cooler summer days just shorts.

9WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:21 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got the cash, Dave Scadden Escape. On budget, ODC 420 and Fish Cat 4 are the best options. Waders..hm..Hodgins comes to mind. Very nice and roomy. Cheap too. 3 layers of poly to keep you warm. If you want to go fancy, you can get the one that has a water tight man's opening zipper just in case.

10WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Empty Re: WADER AND TUBE ADVICE ?? Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 am

socaltexan

socaltexan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Bass Pro has the Dogwood Creek breathable waders for about 80 bucks. They are well made and comfortable. I have been out on days where the high temp was about 58 degrees. I was comfortable on the water. These waders are the stocking foot style. I would recommend a pair of neoprene diving boots on top of your stocking foot waders. They allow you to easily walk to the water and your fins will fit over the boots. Dive boots are around 40 bucks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum