FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Umbrella rig
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

warbait users and other lead heads

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1warbait users and other lead heads Empty warbait users and other lead heads Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:20 pm

just to pass along some info.
warbaits, 3/8oz & 1/2oz lead heads will no longer be sold in packs of 3. they are now being sold of packs of 2 due to increase in cost on lead. the prices have went up some but as much if they kept selling them in packs of 3.

I am guessing the other companys should have or will be raising the cost of there lead heads as well.

so if your running low, you may want to buy them now and try to get the packs of 3 cause once the stores are out they are out.
this info came from Mark at proformance tackle afew days ago when I was there.

2warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:22 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good heads up Miller !!

3warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:24 pm

what sucks is Im running low 3/8oz heads. I guess I need to hit up long fin on wed for more lead heads and well Im at get my new 2012 lic.

4warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:28 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got a couple of packs at sav-on-tackle last week after those spotties bit the tails off my BH, should of got more.

5warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:00 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I love Warbaits bjt they are startin to get expensive.

Im gonna start using the Rogue Lures....same product but cheaper. Plus, they make 1/4oz heads.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

6warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:02 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pouring your own lead is getting more worthwhile as time passes
Most of the leadheads that I pour are 1/2oz. plus but if I get into this harbor fishing, I'll probably get into the smaller sizes with better quality hooks than most of the ones that you can buy.
Hope to be meeting up with you guys so we can share products and ideas pirat

This is my attempt at making a weedless swimbait head by modding a Do-it shad #9 mold (1/2-1 1/2oz)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a Do-it Poison Tail head 1/2-1oz.

I do have a round head mold that goes down to 1/8oz.

7warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 am

those look pretty good.
for fishing the harbors all you need is 1/4oz - 1/2oz

8warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:48 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:for fishing the harbors all you need is 1/4oz - 1/2oz
Yeah, from what you guys have been saying, that's what I've figured
I'm really interested in pouring some spinnerbaits and doing the "slow roll" along the bottom
I've done very little harbor fishing. I'm more of an open water, fish the artificial reefs and some kelpbed fishing fisherman as of right now but that's going to change soon

9warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:54 am

cool and as far colors go. reds, green, orange, yellow and black. black is for at night.

whenever your ready to fish the bay just put up post. some of us are always fishing

10warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

In2deep, those look good! I need to place an order...

11warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:36 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man how do i get a hold of a mold....

Those are sweet.

12warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:50 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Glad you guys like them
The shad head is a modified factory Do-it mold
There is a teflon pin(not shown) that forms the weedguard hole which gets glued in later after powder coating and curing in the oven

The Poison tail has been modified to accept a different hook than was intended
Modifying the eye cavity is all this one needed

The thinner hook is the recommended hook and I made the groove deeper and wider to accept a different hook

13warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:20 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good stuff there!

14warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:15 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Gathering a shopping list from Cabela's
I saw these inexpensive jigheads
For the price, worth a try
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:43 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The price is right, well worth a try.

16warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:07 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea i bought a bunch of those round heads the other day. It seems like the shad heads are always more rxpensive...probably cause they are bought the most. Im gonna use the round ones on my T&C swimgrubs....cheaper and better action in my opinion (when working the bait ON the bottom)

17warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:17 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A jighead hook assuming it's similar to an Eagle Claw 570 bronze is worth around 10 cents each
You are paying 16 cents for a complete jighead if I did the math right

Massfisher, After you get them, let us know if the quality is up to par

18warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:48 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oops forgot to mention i didnt buy the jig heads from that link...just from the tackle shop. Either way i feel like for swimbaits a shad head is needed for perfect action but it can still be rigged on any head and catch fish.

The T&C swimgrubs have so much action in the tail alone....im really thinking about buying some of those Owner stand up lead heads for those days im working the bait really slow on the bottom. That stand up head with a shost shrimp/razor clam pattern would kill the spotties!!

19warbait users and other lead heads Empty Re: warbait users and other lead heads Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Alas the ever growing cost of fishing, especially lead. Good looking heads IN2DEEP! My friends and I used to pour almost all our own leads. Scrounging the stuff from wherever we could. It is a great money saver and can be a real good reason to hang out in someones garage for an evening and shoot the sh-t and drink beer. I think I actually have a 10lb furnace somewhere in my garage that I would gladly trade for some of those heads. PM me!

bodfish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum