FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

what do you think?

+4
FishinPhil
ed5000x
waxon67
aj7798
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what do you think? Empty what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what do you guys think about these rod holders because the ones i tried making don't seem to work out

2what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:36 pm

It will work but you can make the same thing for like $5 and a trip to home depot

3what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:44 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i have the same type of pvc but i can't find those straps and i don't know how to get the straps to stay... any ideas?

4what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 pm

What type of strap are you trying to use? Just run the strap through the pipe and around the tube and connect the strap togather

5what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

miller wrote:What type of strap are you trying to use? Just run the strap through the pipe and around the tube and connect the strap togather
pretty much the same strap like the one in the second picture

6what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Then just run the strap through the inside of the pipe and your good to go

7what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You need to be resourceful. If you keep your eyes peeled you can find webbing or straps pretty easily and cheaply. Old back packs are a great start. WalMart sells connectors really cheap in the camping section. Made by Out Door Products. Then just follow the above instruction.

Don't buy the other holder if you can help it, just use some grey matter (your brain).

8what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I make those strap my self the 99 cent store has the straps but I make my own strap as well if you need a strap holder let me know I make one for you or better yet I show you how it cost about 5 buck at the most

9what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 am

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:I make those strap my self the 99 cent store has the straps but I make my own strap as well if you need a strap holder let me know I make one for you or better yet I show you how it cost about 5 buck at the most
Cool how do you make them?

10what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:44 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Buy the straps at walmart camping section, get a six inch long one inch diameter pvc pipe. Two inches in from each end make a horizontal slot the width of the strap. Thread the strap in the tube and back out. Your done.

11what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

FishinPhil wrote:Buy the straps at walmart camping section, get a six inch long one inch diameter pvc pipe. Two inches in from each end make a horizontal slot the width of the strap. Thread the strap in the tube and back out. Your done.
That's a really good idea for attaching a strap to a tube
Thanks for posting it!
It gives me some new ideas Thumbs Up

12what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday.She doesn't know which one to get so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter. A Bass Pro Shop associate is standing there wearing dark shades. She says, ''Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?'' He says, ''Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tel...l you everything from the sound it makes.'' She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway. He says, ''That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. test line. It's a good all around combination and it's on sale this week for only $20.00." She says, ''It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!'' As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.''Oh, that sounds like a Master Card,'' he says. She bends down to pick it up and accidentally farts. At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was she who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around.The man rings up the sale and says, ''That'll be $34.50 please.''The woman is totally confused by this and asks, ''Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?'' He replies, ''Yes, Ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00 and the Bear Repellent is $3.50"

http://www.wmcinc.com

13what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:20 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Leakytube wrote:A woman goes into Bass Pro Shop to buy a rod and reel for her grandson's birthday.She doesn't know which one to get so she just grabs one and goes over to the counter. A Bass Pro Shop associate is standing there wearing dark shades. She says, ''Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?'' He says, ''Ma'am, I'm completely blind; but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tel...l you everything from the sound it makes.'' She doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway. He says, ''That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. test line. It's a good all around combination and it's on sale this week for only $20.00." She says, ''It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!'' As she opens her purse, her credit card drops on the floor.''Oh, that sounds like a Master Card,'' he says. She bends down to pick it up and accidentally farts. At first she is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was she who tooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that she was the only person around.The man rings up the sale and says, ''That'll be $34.50 please.''The woman is totally confused by this and asks, ''Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?'' He replies, ''Yes, Ma'am. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00 and the Bear Repellent is $3.50"
I geared that one before haha

14what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The bear repelant is supose to be cat fish stink bait

15what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:41 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

HEADCASE881 wrote:The bear repelant is supose to be cat fish stink bait
Oh this one was different I didn't even read the whole thing

16what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:05 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Johnny went into a bar for the first time and he noticed four one foot high statues on the back of the bar with the liquor bottles. One statue had a guy holding his nose with his two fingers, the second statue had a guy pointing with one finger, the third statue had a guy holding his fists up in a boxing pose, and the fourth statue had a guy with his hand touching his forhead covering his eyes and he had his head down. There were no plaqards on the statues. As the night went on and Johnny got really drunk he kept looking at the statues. Johnny went home when the bar closed and was dreaming about those statues.
The next night Johnny went in and started doing shots.
After several shots he called the bartender over and he said hey what do those statues mean? The bartender said #1 was the sense of smell, #2 was the sense of direction, #3 was civil rights, and #4 was the sense of humility.
Johnny was quite drunk now and he said oh, I thought it meant, Who farted? He did! Who did? I did.

17what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

FishinPhil wrote:Johnny went into a bar for the first time and he noticed four one foot high statues on the back of the bar with the liquor bottles. One statue had a guy holding his nose with his two fingers, the second statue had a guy pointing with one finger, the third statue had a guy holding his fists up in a boxing pose, and the fourth statue had a guy with his hand touching his forhead covering his eyes and he had his head down. There were no plaqards on the statues. As the night went on and Johnny got really drunk he kept looking at the statues. Johnny went home when the bar closed and was dreaming about those statues.
The next night Johnny went in and started doing shots.
After several shots he called the bartender over and he said hey what do those statues mean? The bartender said #1 was the sense of smell, #2 was the sense of direction, #3 was civil rights, and #4 was the sense of humility.
Johnny was quite drunk now and he said oh, I thought it meant, Who farted? He did! Who did? I did.
Haha

18what do you think? Empty Re: what do you think? Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

aj7798 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what do you guys think about these rod holders because the ones i tried making don't seem to work out

JUNK...don't waste your time or money on these! Better to make your own or just go get them at BassPro...$19 bucks and made for the tube!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum