FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Soft shell tonneau cover ??

+2
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Anybody use one before? One of the ones I was looking at locks (as long as the tailgate is locked) but you can cut through it because it's made from vinyl. I wanted a camper shell or a hard cover tonneau but cant afford one right now...and i really need one to clear the mess out from inside the cab.

What do you guys think? I would have my fishing rods in there SOME of the time. When its just me I ride with my rods but when my girlfriend is with me or a friend its really annoying...not to mention all my stuff in the back seat that could be in the bed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I had a hard tonneau cover, and I got it at a truckshell dealer for half price. It was used see if they have any used models it worked out great for me at the time. I had my Mountain bike rack on top of it and all my fishing gear under it. Not to sure about the soft covers, and I agree they can alway get into it if they really want to.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:10 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I prefer my camper shell gives me room for everything and with the price of our local ie lakes carpooling to them is the only way to go

4Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you do it go either with a shell or a hard tonnneau you won't regret it.
What kind of truck do you have? If you are not in a hurry just keep hitting craig's list they pop up all the time. Or if you just want to store small stuff in the back get one of those locking tool boxes.

5Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have an 06 Tundra....which sucks cause the model changed in 07 making it hard to find something for my year. Ive been looking and calling and everything ive found has been a color other than black...and camper shells starting at around 700 bucks.

Ill keep looking on craigslist...something has to pop up sooner or later. A camper shell is what i really want though....

6Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

$700 is not bad for a shell actually. No matter what you will have to get it painted probably, even a new one they charge for color matching. If you get used the cheapest paint would probably be 1 Day or get the thing bedlinered.

Also if you see a Tundra for sale with a shell on it don't be afraid to offer to buy the shell off them. Many people will sell it just to make a few bucks and easier to sell the truck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Maybe you could find one on a Tundra forum..? worth a shot.

8Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:36 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good find Brian!

9Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Damn thanks Vaga.....i should have opened up my searches instead of just looking in the SD area. Hell, for $400 i might rock the silver on black until i can get it painted.

10Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Empty Re: Soft shell tonneau cover ?? Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Damn thanks Vaga.....i should have opened up my searches instead of just looking in the SD area. Hell, for $400 i might rock the silver on black until i can get it painted.

You could rock the silver and black buuut I don't fish with Raider Nation people lol j/k. Good luck and if you need any tips on installing it like how to weather seal your bed let me know I got my truck water tight and can sleep and camp in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum