FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recs for Waders and Fins?

+3
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
Docrunner
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hi all! Quick question.
I have chest waders from Cabelas that have lug sole boots, so it looks like I need to get another kind for float tubing. Any advice? Since I'll. E sitting and kicking, I guess something lighter would. Be better? I'm pretty big dude, about 5ft11, 250lbs.

I know.w everyone seems to like the force fins, but those are pretty expensive. Any other choices? Anything I should be considering when combining fins with waders? Like size up to account for the neoprene socks? Ok thanks all. Sorry for typos. Forum not loading on my work computer, so I'm pecking away at my fon. Red Smile

2Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So as for waders I always get the stocken feet but I am sure you understand that. I use Neopren, but most use breathables, alot cooler in the summer months your choice.
Fins must of us use regular dive fins with the ajustable starp around the back of the anckle. It fits better over the waders. Make sure you take your waders with you when you to size the fins right. I recently foound a pair of fins at walmart for about $20. Of course the more you send the better they are. Again this is your choise. Good luck

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have a new set of outcast fins that you can use with boots. You can try them out and if you like them I'll sell them to you for $20.

4Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I have a new set of outcast fins that you can use with boots. You can try them out and if you like them I'll sell them to you for $20.

Wow! That's so cool of you! You mean with my current waders? The lug boots seem pretty thick and heavy. Hmm. I didn't think it would be possible to use my current waders. I will PM you

5Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:09 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool

6Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm with Jeff, the stocking foot waders are lighter, and for Long kicks seem to help with not getting so tired. I have the Caddis neoprene type, but have a look at the breathables too.

Also, for warm water tubing, pick up a pair of fin socks, they will save you from the dreaded blisters.. Very Happy

7Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:16 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys.. the list is adding up! I was going to go with either the 3 or 5mm neoprene waders from Cabelas. I have $50 cabelas bucks to blow. But now, I'm thinking of the breathable waders (as we get closer to summer). I got sniped out of a pair of Force Fins on ebay yesterday! Mad

It sounds like the force fins that are made for float tubes are one-size-fits-all, and I called them. The lady says they will fit over boots, even lug boots!! Ok... but still seems like it'd be heavy to kick. Ideally, I think I'd like breathables waders that are a bit looser than my current waders, with stocking feet. Probably get something to put protective over them like a light wader shoe or the Outcast Neo-Bootie, made for tubing. And, keep my eye on ebay and craigslist for another pair of force fins. But, I'd like to find someplace local to try them on before I buy a used one that doesn't fit. Then, I'm sure i'll blow another 100 hours and $100 at home depot doing cool mods. Cool

With all these costs.. I'm starting to lean more towards the Cumberland today. There's a seller on eBay that sells the Outcast Prowler for $560, with free shipping, AND $100 of outcast accessories from the Outcast website. Seems like the best deal out there, except I'm not all that interested in most of the accessories.

Ok.. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.
Thanks again for all the encouragement, and please keep the advice coming!
I'll get out there as soon as I can!! Twisted Evil
-Jay

p.s. - fishing huge batrays this weekend at LAB.. from shore.. if anyone interested.

8Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think breathable waders are the way to go, I use them year round if it gets cold I put them over my jeans and I'm never cold.

9Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes i have both neo and breathables i like them both i do put the breathables over my close and stay warm to a point but breatherables are the way togo

10Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

and i would go a size bigger for putting over close

11Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:15 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good point, go one size larger.

12Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:34 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

oh yea

13Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm

SoB Legend

SoB Legend
FTFF Gathering Officer

I prefer the force fins, but whatever floats your boat ;D

14Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SoB Legend wrote:I prefer the force fins, but whatever floats your boat ;D
me to Very Happy

15Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:01 pm

SoB Legend

SoB Legend
FTFF Gathering Officer

You spend a little more money for a better quality and an outstanding performance, not even considering how durable they are. The main thing I like about the force fins, You can fit your wading boots in it (I use the flats, which works just fine). It will also allow you to move and turn your tube a hell of a lot faster then other fins. But, If you wanna move quick and comfortable then I highly recommend EVERYONE to purchase these! Very Happy

16Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got luck on mine I paid a 100 buck for one pair then got even a better deal a pair for 25the bucks so all and all it the best investments of my tubes I did

17Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 am

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Yup force fins are next on my list

18Recs for Waders and Fins? Empty Re: Recs for Waders and Fins? Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 am

SoB Legend

SoB Legend
FTFF Gathering Officer

You'll be satisfied! Good choice Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum