FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Were did you get yours.

+12
.:LOLLY:.
Docrunner
Tubinferbass
n2deepfsw
Hammer 4
Kelster
MASSfisher
waxon67
bodfish
ed5000x
wiseguy
jeffcpr
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Were did you get yours. Empty Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK guys and Girls it is very important that you are aware that it is the collective effort of everyone on this site that has got us were we are today. I believe we have a great thing going here and if we continue to take care of it who knows were it will lead us to. We wanted to post this up to get your input and information on this topic where did you get your gear from. What we are looking for is did you buy from one of our listed sponsors / partners, and if so what did you buy and how often, how was the experience, and did you find out about them here.
Please guys don't be shy let us know what you have bought. The more info we have the better chance we have of adding new sponsor / partners, and maybe getting some other deals open to us.
Again we all work to make this forum what it is and your input willhelp to grow this place even more. Thanks guys so let us know who are you supporting. Cool

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

to be honest i get most of my gear from ebay, tubes & reels, but for rods I build myself.

tackle is something I spend alot on and usually buy at save-on-tackle. Big Hammer, Warbaits, MC's etc. Oh and Unibutter! Gotta have that!

3Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well i got some grubs from smiths hand poured baits and at a very good price also got some lead head from them thanks smiths for looking out over us and our supplys

4Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have not used our sponsors yet. Buy most of my gear at brick and mortar shops. Old school, like to put my hands on things. Don't trust sending buy CC # out on the web.

bodfish

5Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 9:54 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have one tube from Creek Company and it was a great deal and great customer service followed it's delivery.

I have grubs from Smith's Handpoured Baits and I use and catch frequently on them specifically 4" rootbeer and motoroil curly tail grubs.

I use the Fish Grips and I am a big fan.

Love the Big Hammer's and what a great sponsor they are I must say!

I'm going to win a fishing net from Beat The Big Box Boyz as soon as Jeff can figure out how he wants me to do it. (Might as well give it to me now)

I also fish the OTS Custom Baits and I thank them for their generosity at gatherings.

6Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:30 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I bought my tube at BPS but it can easily be found online for a lot cheaper. I also bought my booties and fins there, again this is all stuff that you can find for a lot cheaper either brand new or with some use.

I bought 2 of my reels online and the rest I buy at Turners.

I like supporting the small shops so I'll buy everything else from them. The extra few dollars you spend are well worth the knowledge you get with your purchase.

For baits I buy my T&C swimgrubs direct from Kevin, he does a great job and his monthly contests give me a great way of winning free baits.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

7Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

waxon67 wrote:I have one tube from Creek Company and it was a great deal and great customer service followed it's delivery.

I have grubs from Smith's Handpoured Baits and I use and catch frequently on them specifically 4" rootbeer and motoroil curly tail grubs.

I use the Fish Grips and I am a big fan.

Love the Big Hammer's and what a great sponsor they are I must say!

I'm going to win a fishing net from Beat The Big Box Boyz as soon as Jeff can figure out how he wants me to do it. (Might as well give it to me now)

I also fish the OTS Custom Baits and I thank them for their generosity at gatherings.

Now that is support for you thanks Wax, I am sure there are more out there, I am not saying you have to support our sponsors and only buy from them. But that would help and if you are looking to buy check them out you might find a good deal.

8Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:34 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

MASSfisher wrote:I bought my tube at BPS but it can easily be found online for a lot cheaper. I also bought my booties and fins there, again this is all stuff that you can find for a lot cheaper either brand new or with some use.

I bought 2 of my reels online and the rest I buy at Turners.

I like supporting the small shops so I'll buy everything else from them. The extra few dollars you spend are well worth the knowledge you get with your purchase.

For baits I buy my T&C swimgrubs direct from Kevin, he does a great job and his monthly contests give me a great way of winning free baits.

I used T&C lures a few years back I wish I had some maybe I should send out and order. Thanks for the support Mass, and everyone else.

9Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys
Although I don't buy from our sponsors, I regularly visit their sites just to window shop and see what's new as well as follow their links and read their forums.

bodfish

10Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Everything that I have bought has been from brick n mortar, Sports Chalet, BPS, and Turners mostly with Big 5 and Sports Authority when I need something right away.
I have nothing against buying from web, I guess I just like to touch/feel what I am buying. I haven't found a independent tackle shop out here in the Riverside area.

11Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 11:18 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Big Hammers, their online store has colors you can't find at tackle shops, as some are limited runs.

Warbaits..gotta have em..just to bad the price keeps going up.. Sad

12Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fish OTS baits,Edge fishing products and use lots of Hot Sauce. Everything else i would see roger at sav-on tackle.

13Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Gil, is Roger still fishing the SWBA..?

14Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Gil, is Roger still fishing the SWBA..?

Greg, it's been a couple years since he's fished the event his partner retired from competing.

15Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh, I thought he was still fishing it in 2011, thanks for the info.

16Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fer regular tackle I jus go to last chance bait n tackle here in hemet but for my swimbaits I get right rom the makers " cl8 " n scents right from procure Thumbs Up

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

17Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 4:17 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh i went off talking about where i bought my stuff without mentioning the sponsors.....oops...idiot alert bounce

But for me I love fishing those Big Hammers and Warbaits. I've caught some nice fish on the "War Hammer". I haven't bought direct yet but I usually get my BH's wherever but most of my warbaits are bought in Dana Point at Hogans Bait & Tackle.

Hot Sauce? Dang right I use it...usually get that at Turner's or Hogans or Dana Landing or Squidco...all depends where I'm at.

Haven't used stuff from any of the other sponsors but you can bet that i will be experimenting with new stuff this summer!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

18Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got my awesome Cumberland float tube on Amazon.com

BUT... I noticed I could have gotten it for $25 LESS at

CoverBonanza.com ! ! ! Mad

19Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I fell in love with the cumberland when I saw the cup holder Thumbs Up

20Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dang, I forgot to mention Uni Butter, get it from the source, and in quantity Cool ..

21Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 5:52 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Get 88.7% of my tackle from saveontackle, since it's down the street from my job.

Been hooked on big hammers, and and use procure for flavor.

Thinking about giving those bulletbobbers a try.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

22Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I bought two sets of BulletBobbers and a Dualfin after being lured by the FTFF site. All of my gear comes from Cabela's (closest one to California is in Springfield, OR or Reno, NV). Bought my two toons from the Farm and Fleet store - aka place where dairy farmers hang out when they are not milking. They hung from the ceiling for over a year. I asked the manager if I could buy them for half price. Got em for $200 each. They never ordered any more after that. They will stock float tubes every spring and clean them out when it is time for the ice gear in the fall.

23Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

I buy 90% of my tackle from The Long Fin or Proformance Tackle.
The products I do buy are War Baits, Big Hammer, Hot Sauce. I also use OTS Baits.

I also love my Fish Grips as well. I don't order anything online as I would rather buy from my local shops

24Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have bought: Rat-L-trap ,Big Hammer, Hot sauce, OTS, warbaits On local fishing shops but learn about them on this forum
And from: evolve, FTFF, Bass Pro and next tenacius B Online. 90% of my staff is from Bass pro.

25Were did you get yours. Empty Re: Were did you get yours. Tue May 29, 2012 12:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Bump Just wiondering were are you getting your gear, might help to better serve our Partners/Sponsors

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum