FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you tips on LMB fishing

+14
Kelster
biggamefish
HEADCASE881
ed5000x
Tubinferbass
Hammer 4
MASSfisher
franklyn562
kg562
n2deepfsw
Fisher
aj7798
bassfishing24/7
jeffcpr
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So we have this series coming up and there will be a freshwater portion that is set for the 18th. I am sure you know what I am talking about.
Maybe this is the wrong topic to bring up now bnut I will try. What do you rely on or what are your stratigies for finding Freshwater Bass. Do you use you FishFinder to get the job done, or do you site fish. Do you look for murky water or like it clear. Are yu all about structure that you can see or ledges and drop off's. Finally maybe you are think it is best to fish certian ways during certian times of the day, or you watch for tempertature changes.
I am sure there are all kinds of way to find Large Mouth Bass, and one way is not always the best, I was just wondering what is you guys thoughs and ideas on makeing your LMB outing a rewarding one. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great topic u started here Jeff,im no expert but Just about everything u mentioned above are very important factors that matter when trying to find Fish,not Just Bass alone.i would say water temp and structure r most important.in my experience from fishing both fresh and salt water,i usually try to target any where that provides cover for the fish,especially bass.in warm water fish tend to be less active and go to deeper water so fishing deeper water should help also.im sure the other fresh water guys will chime in with some more good Info

Last edited by bassfishing24/7 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

3What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

swimbaits and i like to sight fish with the drop shots, in clear water. At perris the parts wear the little sticks come out of the water is my best spots with the drop shot Thumbs Up

4What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

structure is number one in my book if im not feelin the bottom, weeds, weed lines or trees anything that is structure relayed im not catchin fish but like always u have to let the fish tell you what they want and where they r and the ways i fish are carolina, drop shot, and jigs

5What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I like to sight fish for Bass, I think that might produce more dinks. I am not the greatest LMB fishermen but I figure the first thing I will look for is structure. Now that I have a FF I can look for sturcture else where rather than just relying on my sight alone. That for the info boys keep it coming.

6What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm just going to drop a hookRbait! Last time I did I pulled a 10# lmb.... Then I woke up.... Haha

7What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:43 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Are you saying you had a wet dream Embarassed

8What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:45 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes, you were in it.... Wink

9What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK can someone edit that for me that is to much for me to handle lol!
I am afraid to sleep tonight ZZZZZZZ affraid

10What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol!

11What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Keep on dreaming buddy thats all I am able to do right now. I hope to get out to the Perris gathering and maybe swing another ninja outing before I start the school year again.

12What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good topic started Jeff, i know nothing about fresh so ill be on this topic lol!

13What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:17 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You need to come out with me when we hit some ponds, great place to tryout crankbaits, creature, worms and so on....

14What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 pm

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

good topics cause i need some tips myself

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

15What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:14 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My tip: Ehen in doubt use a t-rigged roboworm....Aarons magic.....cant beat it.

So i guess this can also be said as: always have a confidence bait.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

16What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

franklyn562 wrote:good topics cause i need some tips myself

Tons of info on you tube, type in bass fishing tips.. Wink

Re: tips, there's NO sure fire technique or lure that will catch bass 100% of the time, unless your using Live shad, and even that is not 100%.

Rule #1..Find the fish, you can't catch what isn't there.

2...find structure that looks like it would hold fish, and work it from all angles, with as many baits/lures as possible.

3...SLOW d o w n

4...Don't be afraid to lose a lure, playing it safe won't get you fish.

Want more info. or secrets..? it will cost you... lol!

17What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:You need to come out with me when we hit some ponds, great place to tryout crankbaits, creature, worms and so on....
Im down to join u,I havent caught bass on cranks in ages!! LMK LMK LMK LMK....lol

18What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool, I'll let you know....

19What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:Cool, I'll let you know....
I promise not to poach ur spots!!! Razz
Thumbs Up

20What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
franklyn562 wrote:good topics cause i need some tips myself

Tons of info on you tube, type in bass fishing tips.. Wink

Re: tips, there's NO sure fire technique or lure that will catch bass 100% of the time, unless your using Live shad, and even that is not 100%.

Rule #1..Find the fish, you can't catch what isn't there.

2...find structure that looks like it would hold fish, and work it from all angles, with as many baits/lures as possible.

3...SLOW d o w n

4...Don't be afraid to lose a lure, playing it safe won't get you fish.

Want more info. or secrets..? it will cost you... lol!

What he said Smile lips are sealed till the 18 th Wink

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

21What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:07 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol i would let them know after the gathering lol

22What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i went to the salt blind and got me a couple all the info i had was from youtube.i took my chick to perris and she hooked up on her first time ever fishing for bass so dont worry guys you will catch like hammer wrote you got a week to get all the info you want off of youtube and the net

23What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:32 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I target main lake points, secondary points, coves, making sure there are structures or covers visible from and below me, creek channels, flats and so on.... a topo map of the lake is great tool to have and study upon.

if im doing drop shot on a point I would work around the whole point, if im throwing swimbaits on a point im always at an angle doing long cast past my target point and slowly bringing it in.

24What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great topic....
My experience at Perris is that you want to have a pole rigged with a DS, one with a Carolina, and one with some kind of top water early in the morning. I have caught LMB on my light weight with a crappie jig, the bigger fish have been on creature baits jig-n pig or brush hogs. Work the weed lines and then the deeper waters. Fisher and Tubingforbass have the secrets. I am going to try and make it the 18th to learn more.

25What are you tips on LMB fishing Empty Re: What are you tips on LMB fishing Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

tubin & fisher = Perris King Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum