FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trolling motor battery with float tube

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty Trolling motor battery with float tube Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm

AKStillwater

FTFF Gathering Officer

Anyone out there use a trolling motor with their float tube? If so what do you use? What type of battery do you use? I have used a 12v marine battery that I got from Walmart a few years ago, I don't think it is charging up as much as it used to and was thinking of getting a new battery. Is there any good batteries out there that are lighter?

2Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty Re: Trolling motor battery with float tube Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ED5000X uses a cordless drill and he adapted a shaft with a propeller. it worked awesome!!!!
and you cen find batteries on line, planty of battery sites.

3Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty Re: Trolling motor battery with float tube Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We have quite a few inventive minds in here. Unless you're using a heavy duty float tube that can support additional weight for the motor and the batteries, it's best to train your legs to kick harder and more efficiently. Other than that, you might want to look for Seadoo dive motors, which will provide you a solid hour to 3 hours of burst movement, without being harassed by the water-cops for using trolling motors. If you have to use a motor, it's wiser to use a pontoon or kayak for moderate to extensive travel excursions.

4Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty My set-up Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm

AKStillwater

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have a fish cat with the Float Power attachment. This give me the ability to fish with or without the motor and battery. I would like to get a one man pontoon boat someday, right now not in the cards. Where I live there are so many lakes and rivers that enforcement has a hard time keeping up and with they set up I have they are not concerned with me, they have plenty of bigger fish to fry. On bigger lakes I just use the set up to get across and back, smaller ones I can troll for a while. I have no problem reaching back, my handle shaft extends out. I am interested in the cordless drill idea, I like to work on projects. Do people hold it in their hand or put it in a bracket? Thanks for the tips so far.

5Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty Re: Trolling motor battery with float tube Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:21 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I know someone that has this attachment and he swears by it. I have seen it and it is "slicker then snake snot"

BW Sports Float Power
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Trolling motor battery with float tube Empty Float Power Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 pm

AKStillwater

FTFF Gathering Officer

That's what I have and I am very happy with it, it will support a big deep cycle marine battery.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum