FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Money, Money,Money, Moooooney!

+4
samuraiti
jeffcpr
ed5000x
Madbasser
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So lets get each ones tally.
How much have u spent on new gear since joining the site? Shocked

Me personally... into the tripple digits, but close to 4 after the decimal. Twisted Evil

2Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I guess the other question, is how much of that spending was actually "due" to the info on this site?

I would say like 40% of my stuff was influenced by members here and their opinions on certain products and their recommendations.

Case in point; the Dicks close out sale was posted here and caused some severe wallet diet. Hahahahah afro

3Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Its A Lot At Least A Easy 800 or more

4Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:53 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok guys the forum was created to support our habit of fishing, I did not mean for it to be about money issues. But it looks like we have a problem people are tempting others to spend more and more, this is not good. Rolling Eyes

Wait, what am I saying you all have new gear, srew the money thats what we work for new gear and a chance to use it not money geek what was I thinking

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:53 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

This has been one of my least expensive years in terms of gear. Mostly tournament fees, gas, terminal gear and more gas. Only maybe a few hundred so far on actual tackle. Usually I do that on a single rod or reel alone...

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

6Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well im not really a gear whore but I do have to say that ive spent more in the last few months since joining the forum. Probably $300 could of been alot worse thanks to the Dicks sale. Im already looking for another baitcaster Very Happy

7Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well I am glad you guys are getting good info from everyone and trying new things. I guess that is a good thing just remember to save some money for gas so you can get to the lakes.

8Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well about the only two things I can mention that were forum inspired are my new ODC420 which after the lab today I absolutely love it and my new Lowrance FF.

Tube - $102.00

FF - $150.00

Total = $252.00

However, my spending has been according to a plan prior to my membership and that figure is close to four bucks.

I DON'T REGRET NUTHIN!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

9Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well that is good no regrets, all the new shwag is great bro.

10Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

waxon67 wrote:Well about the only two things I can mention that were forum inspired are my new ODC420 which after the lab today I absolutely love it and my new Lowrance FF.

Tube - $102.00

FF - $150.00

Total = $252.00

However, my spending has been according to a plan prior to my membership and that figure is close to four bucks.

I DON'T REGRET NUTHIN!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Sweet Wax, you went to LAB today! Wheres the pics?

11Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Hmmm. Just met Dano at BPS earlier today... get the picture? Dicks alone since it was posted here I have spent about 600.00 already. Or more. I really stopped counting. LOL. I'm not even going to tally up my purchases at BPS. lol

12Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No regrets here either my bills are paid and there food in the house kids are warm and wife is wonderful
when i get into something i getinto it and thats ok with me yes i only been tubing twice and i have 2 tube go figure but the kids already have plans for it when we go camping lol
it all good Very Happy

13Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Way to go wax. New tube and FF are good buys.

Ed I think u have the same problem I'm having. LOL.

Todd have u made any cash at the tournys to offset the cost? I love it when u break even and have a nice day of fishing.

14Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Man you guys are made of money, I spent $8 last sunday and I feel bad about it, for the year I think I spent about maybe $30. What is wrong with me afro

15Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Man you guys are made of money, I spent $8 last sunday and I feel bad about it, for the year I think I spent about maybe $30. What is wrong with me afro

Nothings Wrong with you . You know how to fish already and i am learn and tring to work different lures i tired a BUNCH OF DIFFERENT STUFF TODAY AT LEAST 20-30 MIN ON EACH LURES sAY 6 OF THEY I FOUND THAT I LIKE GRUB LURES AND WORM LURES (shoot i hit the lock caps botton i am not yelling or being yell at lol)

16Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:49 pm

jeffcpr wrote:Man you guys are made of money, I spent $8 last sunday and I feel bad about it, for the year I think I spent about maybe $30. What is wrong with me afro

Jeff, I see it this way for myself. I'm not saying this is how everyone should view fishing and tackle related purchases. I personally work my rear end off. I am an aircraft engineer and I own a portion of my own aircraft company. I work 24/7. Work work work. I also have another job in the entertainment industry and that's another commitment job. My hobbies are, flying aircrafts, designing and testing new aircrafts, surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, camping, boating and fishing. I have been working non stop for over 5 years now. Like I mean no vacations. I work on weekends, and I work on holidays. Very recently about 1.5 months ago, my younger brother was in a car wreck where 2 of his friends of 18 plus years and my friends as well, passed away. They were ejected from the vehicle. 4 others in the car had injuries but not super life threatening. My brother was injured but is doing okay. The kids are all 19 to 22 years old. It really made me think about life. I was hurt, heart broken and confused. I have been fishing for a real long time growing up and basically back seated my fishing when my career took off real fast. I sat my but down and realized, ain't nobody is going to make time for me, but myself. I love to fish so I picked it back up again. Found a fishing forum and was brought over here by flyfishingfool where I am Blessed with meeting you all fine folks.

I am single, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. My mom was laid off of her position at the Los Angeles Times 2 years ago and was in the position to loose her house. I left my Loft in Hollywood and sold my house in Huntington Beach and moved in with her and my younger brother. I am the sole provider for my family. I pay for all the bills and I want to enjoy my hobby in fishing. This is why I choose to spend money on tackle. Life is a Blessing and either we seize the day and enjoy it, or do what I was doing and work 24/7 and hate everything. Fishing helps me relax. Fishing has brought me new friends. A few friends that I can see and say are quality individuals that would give you the shirt of their back (or pink spandex). So now you know a bit of the story of LC. Hope is was not too much to handle for you guys to read. I may be young or younger than some of you, but I sure have my load of responsibilities and fishing is my love and I have a one on one love for the water. Smile

LC

17Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Jeff, I see it this way for myself. I'm not saying this is how everyone should view fishing and tackle related purchases. I personally work my rear end off. I am an aircraft engineer and I own a portion of my own aircraft company. I work 24/7. Work work work. I also have another job in the entertainment industry and that's another commitment job. My hobbies are, flying aircrafts, designing and testing new aircrafts, surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, camping, boating and fishing. I have been working non stop for over 5 years now. Like I mean no vacations. I work on weekends, and I work on holidays. Very recently about 1.5 months ago, my younger brother was in a car wreck where 2 of his friends of 18 plus years and my friends as well, passed away. They were ejected from the vehicle. 4 others in the car had injuries but not super life threatening. My brother was injured but is doing okay. The kids are all 19 to 22 years old. It really made me think about life. I was hurt, heart broken and confused. I have been fishing for a real long time growing up and basically back seated my fishing when my career took off real fast. I sat my but down and realized, ain't nobody is going to make time for me, but myself. I love to fish so I picked it back up again. Found a fishing forum and was brought over here by flyfishingfool where I am Blessed with meeting you all fine folks.

I am single, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. My mom was laid off of her position at the Los Angeles Times 2 years ago and was in the position to loose her house. I left my Loft in Hollywood and sold my house in Huntington Beach and moved in with her and my younger brother. I am the sole provider for my family. I pay for all the bills and I want to enjoy my hobby in fishing. This is why I choose to spend money on tackle. Life is a Blessing and either we seize the day and enjoy it, or do what I was doing and work 24/7 and hate everything. Fishing helps me relax. Fishing has brought me new friends. A few friends that I can see and say are quality individuals that would give you the shirt of their back (or pink spandex). So now you know a bit of the story of LC. Hope is was not too much to handle for you guys to read. I may be young or younger than some of you, but I sure have my load of responsibilities and fishing is my love and I have a one on one love for the water. Smile

LC

Like I said in the other topic you are a talented fisherman And a very smart guy
Thanks for the share i feel like i known you a little better and i do think of you as a freind thats why when the overnight camping starts at SFD i will let you know and you are going to meet the clan of Ed Thumbs Up

18Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Dano67

Dano67

LC,

Thanks for posting that up. I fish for the same reasons, lets just say a near heart attack and a nasty case of the shingles at 40 made me change my ways. Life is meant to be lived, not worked. Should you vanish from the face of the earth tomorrow, what will your last thought be? Hopefully it isn't " I am so late for work I may get fired". We all fish for a different purpose and we all approach it in a different manner. I have never gear Bass fished before. The first time was when I met Jeff at that little lake. Now I am hooked. Being hooked means to me getting all the related gear. I am a gear whore and proud of it. You guys should have seen me a couple of years ago when I got into Kite Surfing. Lets just say that my wife nearly forgot what I looked like. As I have said before and I am sure with my advanced age I will say again, do what is comfortable for you and only you. There is no need to impress anyone except yourself and for me all it takes is a smile on my face Very Happy Tight Lines and Warm Rays!!!

Dano

19Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 am

ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

LC

Like I said in the other topic you are a talented fisherman And a very smart guy
Thanks for the share i feel like i known you a little better and i do think of you as a freind thats why when the overnight camping starts at SFD i will let you know and you are going to meet the clan of Ed Thumbs Up

Thanks so much Ed! Let me know and I am there! Camping and fishing all night! Woo hoo!

20Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:49 am

Dano67 wrote:LC,

Thanks for posting that up. I fish for the same reasons, lets just say a near heart attack and a nasty case of the shingles at 40 made me change my ways. Life is meant to be lived, not worked. Should you vanish from the face of the earth tomorrow, what will your last thought be? Hopefully it isn't " I am so late for work I may get fired". We all fish for a different purpose and we all approach it in a different manner. I have never gear Bass fished before. The first time was when I met Jeff at that little lake. Now I am hooked. Being hooked means to me getting all the related gear. I am a gear whore and proud of it. You guys should have seen me a couple of years ago when I got into Kite Surfing. Lets just say that my wife nearly forgot what I looked like. As I have said before and I am sure with my advanced age I will say again, do what is comfortable for you and only you. There is no need to impress anyone except yourself and for me all it takes is a smile on my face Very Happy Tight Lines and Warm Rays!!!

Dano

Thanks for sharing that Dano. With that said, I am super glad we have a bunch of caring guys here and fishing buddies! Let's all take some time and reflect...okay that's enough time.. now let's go fish! Glad you are okay Dano. I look forward to many goofy trips with you!

21Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow now that is sharing at it's best, LC I am so sorry for your loss bro. I can only imagine how hard it is to loss people so close to you like that. And for stepping up and supporting your family all I can say is that is a true man. Dano I am happy that you are ok after your Heart attck, and glad that see life the way that you do. I to have my thing as I stated in the post about "my kids are sick" but I did not talk about my wife being sick and out of work fo the last 8 or 9 years.
Fishing although far and few between has been a life saver for me. And one of the reasons I made this site is I wanted to meet people that were so into float tube fishing like me. I don't spend money because of my situation, like Dano said it is what I am confurtable with. We all do what we feel is right or else we would not do it. I am very happy with they way things have gone with this forum and I hope you guys enjoy what we have to offer here for years to come. I view everyone here as friends and even more like family.
There are shoulders to lean on and support evealable to everyone in ways that most may not even understand. So guys buy all you want fish when ever you can, but above all keep posting up we are all excited to here from each other everyday.

tight lines.

22Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:24 am

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Dano67 wrote:LC,

Dano

Thanks for sharing that Dano. With that said, I am super glad we have a bunch of caring guys here and fishing buddies! Let's all take some time and reflect...okay that's enough time.. now let's go fish! Glad you are okay Dano. I look forward to many goofy trips with you!

Thanks LC, It is my pleasure to call you a friend!

23Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

There is always a reason souls are brought together for whatever purpose they serve when they unite. So remember this time...the days on the water...the learning...the fellowship so you can say one day..."I was there, that time" "remember when..." and so on. It would be a shame to forget for these are the good old days! sunny

24Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:06 am

Dano67

Dano67

waxon67 wrote:There is always a reason souls are brought together for whatever purpose they serve when they unite. So remember this time...the days on the water...the learning...the fellowship so you can say one day..."I was there, that time" "remember when..." and so on. It would be a shame to forget for these are the good old days! sunny

Very True!! And I just want to say " HR Puff N Stuff is KING" cheers

25Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Empty Re: Money, Money,Money, Moooooney! Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:05 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

remember these guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum