FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Humminbird 160 Transducer Position??????

+3
TheAsianGuy
.:LOLLY:.
Tony G Fishing
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Humminbird 160 Transducer Position?????? Empty Humminbird 160 Transducer Position?????? Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hello All,

Hope everyones Thanksgiving was a great one!! Very Happy 

Quick question, so got the 160 piranha max FF, can someone tell me what way to position the transducer.

do i need it pointing back like in the picture or forward or pointing straight down towards the ground, any help will be appreciated

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up 

Tony G

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

not 100% on this but I think it should be rotated 180 degrees so it points the same way you are while sitting in the tube. If I remember correctly on my buddies boat it faces to the rear of the boat and was positioned the way yours is. Since we move backwards, that's why I think it should point the other way. Hopefully someone with actual experience can help you out LOL

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Lolly,

Thanks bro LOL.......

yeah thats what i figured cuz of the troll...ummm it was marking fish but just dont know where if behind me or in front....

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Depending on what kind of fish you are targeting, I would use it to find structure and not actual fish. You find the structure, you find the fish Thumbs Up 

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:not 100% on this but I think it should be rotated 180 degrees so it points the same way you are while sitting in the tube. If I remember correctly on my buddies boat it faces to the rear of the boat and was positioned the way yours is. Since we move backwards, that's why I think it should point the other way. Hopefully someone with actual experience can help you out LOL
You nailed it Lolly. It should point to the front of the float, the direction where you will travel. You are merely facing the stern (rear) of the float, acting as a humanoid-engine.

Lolly is correctly, turn it 180 degrees. You will not meter any spotties with that type of meter but it's great for locating structure and water temp, drops etc.
you can meter fresh water bass if there suspended.
Use it as a tool and your good to go

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Thanks everyone ill follow these directions and go from there and for sure id like to use it for depth and structure.....

Tight Lines see you guys friday!

Tony G

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:You will not meter any spotties with that type of meter but it's great for locating structure and water temp, drops etc.
Okay, I'm still learning about the salt front, and collecting precious info, but don't shoot me for my ignorance. However, I got to ask, are spotties that hard to locate with fishfinders due to their ability to burrow in the sand, blending in with the soft bottom from sonar info?

I have the Humminbird 718, which will return info back with catfishes and carps that happen to lay flattened on the bottom, very still, but the arches returned at the bottom, mixed in with the soft bottom info. Could be due to the higher peak power output that allows me to see it..but still learning. Got any input?

TheAsianGuy wrote:
miller wrote:You will not meter any spotties with that type of meter but it's great for locating structure and water temp, drops etc.
Okay, I'm still learning about the salt front, and collecting precious info, but don't shoot me for my ignorance. However, I got to ask, are spotties that hard to locate with fishfinders due to their ability to burrow in the sand, blending in with the soft bottom from sonar info?

I have the Humminbird 718, which will return info back with catfishes and carps that happen to lay flattened on the bottom, very still, but the arches returned at the bottom, mixed in with the soft bottom info. Could be due to the higher peak power output that allows me to see it..but still learning. Got any input?
It's all in the fish finder, the lower grade ones don't work all that great in the salt but they are a great tool for locating structure and reading water temp.
I'm still learning myself on using FF but after having a low grade one and now a DSI that's what I have learn so far.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got you. DSI is fantastic in locating structures. And even better in identifying the fishes and possible species as well.

TheAsianGuy wrote:I got you. DSI is fantastic in locating structures. And even better in identifying the fishes and possible species as well.
There awesome, I got the 4X, lower model but I want to upgrade already lol. Works great in fresh but it takes some time learning it for salt due the densititly of salt water.

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Tony,

yeah you need to rotate it 180 deg so that is faces the "rear" of your travel path, since we move backwards on a these tubes. Question for you, does that thing move up and down cause it looks like it would hit the ground if you drag it on the floor.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

for sure wiseguy 180....and yes it does, its all mickey moused out lol lol bungee wrapped lol top and bottom, i just bring it up when coming in....works but i have to do a better setup....with time Thumbs Up 

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is how i mounted my ff. It's inspired by Lolly's design.  I sanded the top part of the transducer mount so it'll slip on/off easily and drilled a hole through the both parts.  I use a retaining pin to hold it in place. It also makes it easy to remove when i beaching my tube.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice work bro that is a really cool design.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Nice!!! Sirmixalot...thanks for the pics bro.....good job....I like!

Tony g

bugger

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You guys don't have to run the transducer that deep.  My PMax 170 is only about 3 inches in the water and works fine. When I'm out of the tube its out of the water too so no landing problems.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Make sure to offset your transducer to have 1ft below water, so you don't get surface's noises.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum