FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scadden inovation

+2
wiseguy
bodfish
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scadden inovation Empty Scadden inovation Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:45 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys check out Dave Scaddens cool new toy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I like it.     bodfish

2Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:12 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice!

3Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:44 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ballin

4Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is so cool i like the low profile of it and it seems so stable nice ride for sure. I did notice he was skunked on in the video Suspect 
 lol!  really though i will be checking this out more very cool thanks.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:31 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pretty nifty hybridization with the SUP. Problem is, poor angle on the paddles for long trips, extremely bad on the back after 2 hours on the water, and definitely not good for mods requiring hard mounting, such as adding of frames. However, flat surfaces will provide sufficient stability for plates an boxes for the hardwares. Slightly awkward design for mounts, but great for standing up. No additional info on the Fusion..must be rated at Class III rapid, possibly 350lbs.

6Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:15 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Leo, (hey Asian guy just doesn't seem right)
I agree with you on most counts as far as the design. One of the things the video failed to mention is that the structural integrity of the craft is dependent on very high pressure in the toob. (toon? whatever…) sometimes as much as 15 psi. It is difficult to manually pump to that high a pressure. I am curious as to how high the pressure is needed to inflate his boat. Also the material his boat is made of is quite a bit heavier than that of a conventional toob or toon. (sometimes as much as twice for the same size toob).

But!,… I think that once again Mr. Scadden has hit upon a great concept and true to form I think he will carry it forward and it can only improve.

I am a huge believer that the High Pressure Drop Stitch Cells are the future of toobing and tooning. I firmly believe that they will be the next great advancement in inflatable craft throughout the industry. I know for fact that many of the leading inflatable watercraft companies are feverishly trying to develop manufacturing technique and design to put this material to work. Check this stuff out and you will see what I mean. It is being used from housewares (beds and furniture) to portable structures for the military. (imagine a blowup structure that can be erected in minutes, by one person and can withstand gail force wind and rain!) I have been on the trail of this stuff for a couple of years now. My new toon design is a hybridization of present toon design and the ISUP (Inflatable Stand-Up Paddleboard). Unfortunately the cost and process have me stymied for a bit. But I have a plan in the meantime to build a custom carbon fiber framed quad cell toon. (I need something to fish with in the meantime!). Stay tooned!   Hee Hee!!

bodfish

7Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:42 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Indeed, structural designs has much more to be refined, but Dave Scadden got something going on in the long run.

The cell system is a great design for all inflatable system. And you're dead on about monitoring the pressure being pumped into the cells. They need to heavily test the different conditions of the inflated pressures, listing the possible and heavily adviced not to do under the addressed pressure used. Imagine the honey comb air cell design implemented later, rather than the square shape supportive system. $$$ but worth the integrity when under pressure. As the shelling-protective materials improve over time, supportive air cells configuration integration become more essential to increase the max capacity of weight support, and tensile strength under stressed conditions. You have quite a bit of research ahead of you, as other major companies may already be developing and testing the designs now, but the costs may be too prohibited.

Can't wait to see what you will be coming out with in the future. Best of wishes on your success in forming the next fortune 500 company with your inventive design.

8Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is the same material as his SUP and the floor in His Drifter (which you can wear studded shoes in)
Mine is on order.

9Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:59 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

EXCELLENT!
can't wait to hear your review!

bodfish

10Scadden inovation Empty Re: Scadden inovation Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I will. I love fishing for Carp and I only know how to fly fish. There are a couple lakes that get rolling with Carp in 2' to 3' of weedy water. Sometimes hard to get back there on a pontoon with feet in the water. I talked to Dave about an SUP as that would be perfect for cruising way back in he weeds. I also mentioned I like the U shaped pontoons for other fishing, next thing I know he comes out with both! Did I also mention I am taking up bow hunting for Carp, This Fusion will be awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum