FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Elsinore crappie question..

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

With all the big crappie that are caught in the marina area of Elsinore in the springtime, I was just curious as to what is it in this area that attracts so many spawning crappie every year? Is there a bunch of old Christmas trees dumped there or a bunch of underwater brush/sticks or some rock piles? Crappie don't usually just spawn in open water with smooth bottoms.  Do big schools of shad congregate there in the springtime?  Anyone know?  Anyone meter out this area?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:00 am

That is a Great Question, As I am not sure myself . All the reports I usually see each year from Elsinore start around the end of February / start of march  and there 95% shore reports as the fish are close.

I am looking forward to seeing someones response to this as well .

Edit : You know I started to think about it again and the Crappie maybe just moving in with the bait fish into the marina there , I would imagine that the marina is pretty much rocky kind of like Lake Perris . Could be the reason we see so many Gills and Redear and some Crappie in the Marina at Perris this time of the year as well . There is a lot of food (shad , sculpin & crawfish), just a thought .

Last edited by Misfitdog on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:21 pm

NachoOne

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

That is great info, I am going there are the end of the month before the FHS.

4Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lake Elsinore is loaded with zooplanktons near the docks, weedlines, and various other sunken structures. If you go further to the southern area, where the treatment wetland and protected fishery habitat, the concentration of zooplanktons is even higher. Of course, predation is also extremely high there, especially for carps.

Due to the lack of predation along the marina, and specific areas of the lake where abundant sunken structures are nearby, you'll find them. The source of lights near the marina attract the zooplanktons at night, thus, continued to congregate them throughout the day.

5Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I knew you would have the answer very cool, I want to tube Elsinore has anyone ever tubes there.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yep. Been there many times on tubes. Better on kayaks, since the warm water there can cause you to have..well..slimy feeling all day. You'll understand when you enjoy your day there in shorts..hehehehehehe

7Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I really want to try it (not the slime  ha ha ) the lake I hope maybe soon. Thanks Leo anyone else with some stories to share on Elsinore.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 pm

does the lake still have that bad foul smell going on to it, I use to fish there when I younger but stopped cause of how bad it smelled there

9Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Empty Re: Lake Elsinore crappie question.. Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you're talking about the wastewater treatment smell, yep, it has always been there during warm, warm, warm days. During cold days, or windy days, nope. The water smell like normal lake's water on cooler days. The warmer days, it smells like you just got to the marina with no air flow, slightly stagnant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum