FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Next Great Outing!!!

+5
Madbasser
bayfishingjunkie
ed5000x
jeffcpr
Dano67
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

1The Next Great Outing!!! Empty The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Ok, I have the ball and I'm running with it. We have two options up for the next get together. There is Dana Point Harbor or San Diego. We can also do a fresh water trip or whatever. Let me know what everyone thinks and I will make a poll so we can voteon it. I think next week is long enough to wait (Just Kidding, Not really , ok maybe a bit) Very Happy

2The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Tage Dano67 is it I should have some more gear to pass out on this one as well. Once you guys come up with a location, I will see what I can procure for your outing. Good luck guys and have a good out for me thanks.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:57 pm

I am good with either or of the 2 choices. I think it's a good idea to get a general consensus on what the majority wants to do. I like both the choices of DP and SD however, both are not a walk in the park to get to. Dana is a bit closer and SD, well haha it's San Diego. I'd like to toss a choice 3# in the mix here and it would be Los Alamitos Bay. Or even Long Beach. When I mention Long Beach, it would be a super fun day/tourney. We can have biggest bass or heaviest stringer of 5 bass mixed bag and even ad a Bonus to the fisherman whom has a Grand Slam which would be either a limit of bass caught with all 3 species in the limit, and or just a grand slam with all 3 species caught. The area in Long Beach has plenty of parking and we can launch right off the beach. No waves at all. You can fish boat docks to rip rap to rock structure. Just an idea for a future gathering Smile I think a few questions we should find out would be:

1: Launch Time with 6am or first light?
2: Weigh in time. I think for some of us, a noon weigh in is too soon. Unless we are doing a pot luck and bbqing, I say if it is a tourney style get-together, the weight in should be about 2pm. Granted I know many have other commitments they must attend to and that is why this is a question for all of us.
3: Fun Tourney or just a gathering to go fish?
4: Area of course Fresh or Salt?
5: Maybe a Team Fun Tourney? Pair up with a buddy and combined largest bass or limit of 5.

Come on guys, let's hear your thoughts! I'm just throwing this out there to see what Dano thinks! After all he is the reign leader on this trip!

LC

4The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I Will Want To See What Opion Are Thrown Out There I Really Dont Know Were The Good Fishing Is But I Would Like A Good Turn Out Cause It Was Cool To Meet EVERYONE
You Guy Were A Blast I Enjoyed Fish In A Big Group And With my Scooter I Was Able To Jump All Over The Place And Fish With Everyone A Lil Bit Steal Secrets And Here Storys It Was Great . Also Some People Cant Make It Cause Of The Distance To Travel Too Let Keep That In Mind
Well Let See What Happens With The Opions
I Would Like To Do It All
P.S. If Its Salt Water Fish I Am Not Bringing Live Bait LOL
P.S.S. If We Do Go Far We Can All Ways Do Another One Closer And Soon To Make Up For Those Who Cant Make It Very Happy

5The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 am

Dano67

Dano67

jocolor I think that whatever is the easiest for everyone would be great. I would like to see it stay as informal as possible, there are plenty of places you can fish in a tournament but not tons of places you can hang with your buddies and LYAO all day and have a great time. I do think that we need to have prizes for certain categories. Biggest fish, most fish caught, most different species and of course smallest fish Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Los Alamitos sounds good to me. Pretty central and a good balance of different water. Sound off for different options!!! Also, we can do a fresh water trip if that is a better fit for everyone.

6The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote: jocolor I think that whatever is the easiest for everyone would be great. I would like to see it stay as informal as possible, there are plenty of places you can fish in a tournament but not tons of places you can hang with your buddies and LYAO all day and have a great time. I do think that we need to have prizes for certain categories. Biggest fish, most fish caught, most different species and of course smallest fish Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Los Alamitos sounds good to me. Pretty central and a good balance of different water. Sound off for different options!!! Also, we can do a fresh water trip if that is a better fit for everyone.

Are We There Yet Thumbs Up

7The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:04 am

Dano67

Dano67

Where do you want to go Ed? I need your opinion!!

8The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good choices There is another location famous for tube fishing...Cabrillo beach... monster Halibut there. and a bait barge to pick up some live bait. We could have two divisions for a choice. Artificials only for bass or Live bait the Halibut... It is spawning time ya know.....

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

9The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

make it a family day so the wives and girlfriends can see that there are other fishing addicts out there..... and that we are normal lol

10The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:26 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

depending on when it is I may be able to wrap a fishing rod to give away as a prize...

11The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 am

Dano67

Dano67

One other item so far. Does anyone have a problem if we do this sooner than later? April 30th which is a Saturday.

12The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 am

Dano67

Dano67

bayfishingjunkie wrote:depending on when it is I may be able to wrap a fishing rod to give away as a prize...

That would be awesome Very Happy Let me know if the 30th would be to soon. Also I know that we have a set of Weedless Jigs from MadBasser that I won and I was going to roll into the prize package for this outing. Does anyone have a donation or two to the cause?

13The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 am

Dano67 wrote:
bayfishingjunkie wrote:depending on when it is I may be able to wrap a fishing rod to give away as a prize...

That would be awesome Very Happy Let me know if the 30th would be to soon. Also I know that we have a set of Weedless Jigs from MadBasser that I won and I was going to roll into the prize package for this outing. Does anyone have a donation or two to the cause?

I can donate a couple of things. bayfishingjunkie's choice area is a good area as well. But are we doing a bass tourney or halibut tourney? Very Happy I'm good with either or. I just don't know how a few here would feel to have a bait basket hanging next to them filled with live chovies and dines. green happy

14The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Where do you want to go Ed? I need your opinion!!

Were Is Not A Problem I Just Need To Know When Cause I Got To Set Up Baby Sitter I Like The Lab Or New Port But I Am Curious To Other Places My Lil Truck Gets Good Gas Milage So Were Everyone Wants To Go IS Fine

But This Time I Want To See Those Pink Spandex Lol Very Happy

15The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would also like to make a suggestion.

We have done a fresh bass trip and a salt bass trip, So how about a freshwater trout flyfishing session?

I would suggest a place but most of the ones i know are streams that u walk along (still use waiters, just something different again).

Maybe Dano or Flyfishingfool have a better spot. I know that we can launch at Lake Silverwood and catch some nice trout there on a tube?

16The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

For those without fly-rods, u can still use spinning tackle with a fly at bobber on.

17The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Donations It Good I Got Some Stuff Too I Can Give Away Thumbs Up

18The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 am

Madbasser wrote:I would also like to make a suggestion.

We have done a fresh bass trip and a salt bass trip, So how about a freshwater trout flyfishing session?

I would suggest a place but most of the ones i know are streams that u walk along (still use waiters, just something different again).

Maybe Dano or Flyfishingfool have a better spot. I know that we can launch at Lake Silverwood and catch some nice trout there on a tube?

Float tube Laguna Lake! Very Happy

19The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:45 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The 30th works for me.. really anyday is fine. fresh or salt . I can have a rod ready in a week or so. I fish evrywhere. Just a heads up for the tubers > Puddingstone Lake's water level is so high boats are not being allowed to launch only float tubes can fish there right now.. I was there yesterday and it was peaceful... I managed two small bass too.

20The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WooHoo!! Ive never fished the Pudd. It sounds like a jewel right now with NO boat traffic. Gotta love those tube only lakes like the upper otay.

21The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dose The Pudd Have Camping Sites

22The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Dano67

Dano67

The only place I know where we can catch trout now is Laguna Niguel Lake. The catch is it's $40.00 to fish. or Maybe 35

23The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Okay here is what we have so far:

1.Dana Point Harbor
2.SD Bay
3.Pudd Lake
4.Laguna Niguel Lake
5.LAB
6.Silverwood Lake

Last edited by Dano67 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

24The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Okay here is what we have so far:

1.Dana Point Harbor
2.SD Bay
3.Pudd Lake
4.Laguna Niguel Lake
5.Los Alimos? (Is this correct?)
6.Silverwood Lake

Oh Man Your Spanish Is Just As Bad As Mine lol And I Am A Mix-Up-A-Can
Los Alimos? (Is this correct?)
That Why We Say The LAB Thumbs Up
Plus I Dont Think I Could Spell It Either lol!

25The Next Great Outing!!! Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Okay here is what we have so far:

1.Dana Point Harbor
2.SD Bay
3.Pudd Lake
4.Laguna Niguel Lake
5.Los Alimos? (Is this correct?)
6.Silverwood Lake

Looks Like I Have To Roll A Dice To choise