FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish Cat 4 or 420?

+3
waxon67
jeffcpr
eetz
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

eetz

FTFF Gathering Officer

This forum is complicating things!

I saw the Fish Cat 4 at Bass Pro the other night and thought that would be a good choice. (Fish Cat 4 is very tempting because I can drive to Bass pro and pick it up)

After reading and receiving a recommendation from lagunaCOCONUT, I'm now thinking about the fish cat 4 deluxe with the inflatable seat. (bad thing, bass pro does not have in stock, would have to order online. extra cost plus waiting for shipping)

Now after reading a bit more, I see that the ODC 420 is a popular model on the site too.

What's a fella to do? Why the ODC 420 over the bass cat(s)?

2Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Man I wish I had a choice like this I will tell you this much eetz. I think no matter what you get you will be happy all your choices there are top notice for sure.
good luck bro, dont lose to much sleep over it lol!

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm

eetz wrote:This forum is complicating things!

I saw the Fish Cat 4 at Bass Pro the other night and thought that would be a good choice. (Fish Cat 4 is very tempting because I can drive to Bass pro and pick it up)

After reading and receiving a recommendation from lagunaCOCONUT, I'm now thinking about the fish cat 4 deluxe with the inflatable seat. (bad thing, bass pro does not have in stock, would have to order online. extra cost plus waiting for shipping)

Now after reading a bit more, I see that the ODC 420 is a popular model on the site too.

What's a fella to do? Why the ODC 420 over the bass cat(s)?

You can ask Madbasser here. He has the ODC 420. I've heard good things about the ODC420 for sure! I think you can't go wrong with either or!

4Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm

eetz

FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:Man I wish I had a choice like this I will tell you this much eetz. I think no matter what you get you will be happy all your choices there are top notice for sure.
good luck bro, dont lose to much sleep over it lol!

This makes me feel much better, it's always good to know that you can't lose!

5Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:17 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm running the ODC 420 and I love it. I can't say it's any better than a Fish Cat cuz I never used a Fish Cat. But I do like my ODC quite a bit. Very Happy

6Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

what dose ODC mean Shocked

7Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:what dose ODC mean Shocked

Outdoor Discovery Craft.

8Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:35 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:
ed5000x wrote:what dose ODC mean Shocked

Outdoor Discovery Craft.

I thought it was hating on the cat fish 4
Oh Darn Cat lol

9Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Eetz I absoluty love my ODC's. Yes I have two, the original gray one and the green ODC 420L version (light wieght). I have to agree with eveyone here in that u just can't wrong with any of your choices.

It's just the little things that seperate each. Please understand that this is only my personal opinion and take it for just that.

I love that fact that my tube has foam becuase inflatables can rupture just like the bladders. If they both bust out on the lake ur In trouble. I love the fact that I can float back to shore on my foam seats if need too. I personally don't feel them uncomfortable on a long day.
I like the fact that the pocets are large and devised with zippers. It is also just a few inches longer than the fish cat, which I think makes it just a bit more stable but that is mostly unnoticable difference on the water.

There are some ODC's on eBay that can be had for ~ 100$ give or take 30$. I bought both of mine on eBay and got them both for less than 80$ each. U just might have to wait for the right deal, and don't get cought up in the bidding wars.

Again anyone u pick will be a great tube. The differances between each one u listed are few and small. Just make sure u get the one that make u happy and it should be the last one u'll ever buy.

Good luck.

10Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I will have to disagree with my friends Mad and Waxon. While I have not a ODC420, I have had multiple Fish Cats and can say not a thing wrong about them. It could be my weight and size that makes my rump sore after 8 hours in the CAT. All I can say is FISH CAT FOREVER!!!!! Don't let them take you down the path of darkness and greed. Go towards the light, Luke!!

11Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is much like the Ford vs Chevy debate.

12Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You know there is ONE thing I wish the ODC had and that is handles on the inside top somewhere near the pockets. My Navigator has them and when you load up you can just pick the whole thing up level and walk it down to launch. ODC doesn't have these. Does the Fish Cat?

13Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 am

I can see both ODC and Fish Cat being the superior tubes. I bought a Fish Cat because of the material. This thing is is a beast! I love it! I see that the ODC have more compartments for storage. I have not had a chance to actually look at an ODC up close. Mad has an ODC but when I see him, we are usually scruffling to get in the water so no real time to look at his tube real good. The Fish Cat is at my local BPS and I have had my hands on it several times. I love the valves on the Fish Cat as there is hardly no wait to deflate and store. Here is what I like BEST about both these choices, the area behind the seat is PERFECT for a small tackle bag, life jacket and or a small cooler. LOVE IT! I also have heard great things about the Fish Cat warranty. Maybe I can get my Fish Cat out on the water this week for a sunset session in LAB!

14Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I can see both ODC and Fish Cat being the superior tubes. I bought a Fish Cat because of the material. This thing is is a beast! I love it! I see that the ODC have more compartments for storage. I have not had a chance to actually look at an ODC up close. Mad has an ODC but when I see him, we are usually scruffling to get in the water so no real time to look at his tube real good. The Fish Cat is at my local BPS and I have had my hands on it several times. I love the valves on the Fish Cat as there is hardly no wait to deflate and store. Here is what I like BEST about both these choices, the area behind the seat is PERFECT for a small tackle bag, life jacket and or a small cooler. LOVE IT! I also have heard great things about the Fish Cat warranty. Maybe I can get my Fish Cat out on the water this week for a sunset session in LAB!

Hey hit me up and I will go with ya. Your fishcat, my ODC and we can do side by side review. Oh, and fish, fish , fish! salute

15Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:37 am

waxon67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:I can see both ODC and Fish Cat being the superior tubes. I bought a Fish Cat because of the material. This thing is is a beast! I love it! I see that the ODC have more compartments for storage. I have not had a chance to actually look at an ODC up close. Mad has an ODC but when I see him, we are usually scruffling to get in the water so no real time to look at his tube real good. The Fish Cat is at my local BPS and I have had my hands on it several times. I love the valves on the Fish Cat as there is hardly no wait to deflate and store. Here is what I like BEST about both these choices, the area behind the seat is PERFECT for a small tackle bag, life jacket and or a small cooler. LOVE IT! I also have heard great things about the Fish Cat warranty. Maybe I can get my Fish Cat out on the water this week for a sunset session in LAB!

Hey hit me up and I will go with ya. Your fishcat, my ODC and we can do side by side review. Oh, and fish, fish , fish! salute

Sounds good Tom! BTW, let me know when we can get your battery set up for your finder! bounce

16Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

Sounds good Tom! BTW, let me know when we can get your battery set up for your finder! bounce

I will pm you my number so you can give me a buzz if you go. Otay? Thumbs Up

17Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:You know there is ONE thing I wish the ODC had and that is handles on the inside top somewhere near the pockets. My Navigator has them and when you load up you can just pick the whole thing up level and walk it down to launch. ODC doesn't have these. Does the Fish Cat?

What i have done in the past is hooked a rope to the two "D" rings on the outside of each pocket and carried it like that.
Basically making my own handle. capiesh? Thumbs Up

18Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Madbasser wrote:
waxon67 wrote:You know there is ONE thing I wish the ODC had and that is handles on the inside top somewhere near the pockets. My Navigator has them and when you load up you can just pick the whole thing up level and walk it down to launch. ODC doesn't have these. Does the Fish Cat?

What i have done in the past is hooked a rope to the two "D" rings on the outside of each pocket and carried it like that.
Or you could have a Fish Cat with the handles already sewn in for you. And if you want to carry it for a long distance, there are D rings on the bottom that you can attach straps to carry like a back pack.... Just Saying Shocked

19Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:
Or you could have a Fish Cat with the handles already sewn in for you. And if you want to carry it for a long distance, there are D rings on the bottom that you can attach straps to carry like a back pack.... Just Saying Shocked

Yes the ODC has these as well. green happy

20Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Madbasser wrote:

Yep I ka peesh on that one! I'se just pointing out sumpin that shoulda and coulda but weren't. I am an ODC man all the way...or should I say convert? ITs all good my brethren...peace. afro

21Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

my tube dosent have handles but i pick it up from handle in the back and carry it with it over my shoulder and flipper in other hand Very Happy

22Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good thinking Ed.

23Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Ed don't need handles. Ed has a self propulsion system. Got us all beat hands down. No contest!

24Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:03 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Ed don't need handles. Ed has a self propulsion system. Got us all beat hands down. No contest!

get in the wateris ok tube over shoulder and flippers and scooter in other Thumbs Up

25Fish Cat 4 or 420? Empty Re: Fish Cat 4 or 420? Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Well that ended that conversation!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum