FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Empty Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Yardsaleunderwear

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Couple years ago I met a tuber who had replaced his bladder with a tire inner tube, he said he did it for easier inflation. He uses his air compressor or at a gas station before each trip. He also said he carried a valve stem tool to remove the stem to deflate it quicker than the bladder. I can see where this might be more handy, and also much more durable. The question I have is ? If anyone else has done this, what size inner tube did you use, and I believe the inner tube has to be folded in half for U- Boats ? Anyone out there know what I'm talkin' about?

2Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Empty Re: Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I do!
My old Browning tube was originally stuffed with an inner-tube. I used to be able to buy them at any truck stop, now most of the trucks run tubeless so they are harder to find and more expensive. I used to pay 9 to 15 bucks for a new tube now I can't find them for less than 33 bucks plus shipping. I ordered a bladder two years ago for $22 from Bass Pro. If you can find them AND they have the LONG valve stem the truck tubes are sturdier and don't have the large pressure swings in the heat.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Empty Re: Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Yardsaleunderwear

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks jerdon, I was at Tractor supply yesterday buying a tube for my mower back tire, and noticed a 38" truck tube for about 40$ , If my bladder ever gets a hole I might just buy one of these and try it, I took a valve stem out of my wife's tire to use slime, and it deflated in about 5 seconds, this will greatly reduce the time needed to deflate my tube, right now it takes about 6 minutes, before I can roll it up and stick it in the trunk.

4Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Empty Re: Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

The size that fit my Browning was
tube size 8.25 by 20 and it needed a LONG valve stem that ran at least 6 inches along the LENGTH off the tube. Short or perpendicular valves were unreachable making them a major pain to reach on that tube. Do a inspection to see how you will reach the stem. 38 inches sounds awfully big.

5Replacing Bladder with Inner Tube Empty browning tube Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm

jyo

FTFF Gathering Officer

Jerdon wrote:The size that fit my Browning was
tube size 8.25 by 20 and it needed a LONG valve stem that ran at least 6 inches along the LENGTH off the tube. Short or perpendicular valves were unreachable making them a  major pain to reach on that tube. Do a inspection to see how you will reach the stem. 38 inches sounds awfully big.

Jerdon, what shape is your tube? Was wondering if this would work for my browning d-shaped float tube!

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum