FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cumberland Apron Upgrade

+35
Ornery Bob
SP Dan
Alakai
Nina
Fish Stalker
aftahour
Tube5natic
Cool-Hand-Luke
waxon67
fishin' fatty
socal_floater
goldentroutlanyards
JaydonAbate
BassAttack234
ed5000x
dayhut
Misfit_Angler138
Dahoang55
Dex
fishslayer
MenyoG
fisheromen
TheAsianGuy
Gatorfan
GT
SirMixALot
Mikeotunakiller
jeffcpr
Yellowrock
kobra
Jerdon
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
n2deepfsw
wiseguy
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This really cool.

52Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[quote="wiseguy"]So, the one thing I really never liked about the v style float tubes has been the aprons, bottom line is, they SUCK!

Looked for months for the perfect fit and finally found this lid that fit like a glove!  Finally, I nice sturdy place to work on. I like the tactical look too  Twisted Evil Upgraded the stabalizer bar to a 1 1/2" ABS pipe also.

nifty storage compartment added to my rod holder...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

how do you attach/secure the storage compartment to the "U" shaped part of the rod holder?

53Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You can screw the storage compartment directly to the pipe from within the storage compartment. Another option is to screw a metal plate to the bottom of the pipe that spans the distance of the gap and screw the storage compartment to the piece of metal with the screws going from the bottom up.

54Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Cool-Hand-Luke

Cool-Hand-Luke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:You can screw the storage compartment directly to the pipe from within the storage compartment. Another option is to screw a metal plate to the bottom of the pipe that spans the distance of the gap and screw the storage compartment to the piece of metal with the screws going from the bottom up.

Cool, thanks man

55Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Tube5natic

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just joined this forum. I think I'm definitely borrowing your idea. But what kind of container to I get the lid from? Thanks! Tight lines!

56Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:04 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Just a lid off a large tote will do, just make sure it is sturdy I have one that is flimsy it did not work well

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

57Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 am

Tube5natic

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely take your advice. Thanks!

58Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:09 pm

aftahour

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Anybody know what the length of the spreader bar is? I lost mine this weekend in Laughlin and need to make a new one and do this upgrade.

59Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

aftahour wrote:Anybody know what the length of the spreader bar is? I lost mine this weekend in Laughlin and need to make a new one 6and do this upgrade.

27 inches at the long side. Then it is tapered down

60Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:34 pm

aftahour

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:
aftahour wrote:Anybody know what the length of the spreader bar is? I lost mine this weekend in Laughlin and need to make a new one 6and do this upgrade.

27 inches at the long side. Then it is tapered down
Thanks very much

61Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

Fish Stalker

Fish Stalker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Great addition to your float tube, nice job!

62Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am

Fish Stalker

Fish Stalker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I also like your black rod holder, could you please post a close up pic of how you attached the rod holder to the side to keep the rods from tipping into the water? Any info is appreciated, thanks

63Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:35 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow this thread is old and still going strong! LOL...sorry no updated photos, sold the cumberland a long time ago...Got a new SevenBass Desing now!

64Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 am

Nina

FTFF Gathering Officer

Very nice , my wife & I will be picking up 2 Cumberlands this spring & will do this on both . Thanks

65Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nina wrote:Very nice , my wife & I will be picking up 2 Cumberlands this spring & will do this on both  . Thanks

Cool welcome to the FTFF and glad yoi found something useful.

66Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:14 am

Nina

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks

67Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I uploaded my version of this upgrade. I LOVE it. Thank you all for the guide

West Coast Surf Fishing and Finding_Elias like this post

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

68Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Very cool!
Thanx for your DIY hard lap-tray video Alakai! Thumbs Up

Just my two cents from things that I've learned by my experience with using DIY hard top lap trays over the last couple of years ...

I used SS rivets with SS washers because they lay flat and won't cause any additional damage to the epidural of the fish after it's been landed on top of my tray because they have this uncanny tendency to want to flip, shake, flop and shimmy around and at times it seems like they can shake a thousand-miles-per-hour all over the top of my hard lap tray or they will make themselves as large as they can by flaring-out their gill plates and their dorsal fins.

So I found out that the smoother the tray surface is ... the safer it is for the fish and it won't cause unnecessary damage to their fins, gill plates or their epidural when they slide back and forth all-over the hard top lap tray.

Shocked Just something to re-consider when using wing-nuts.

Thanx again for the cool video!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan    <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Finding_Elias likes this post

69Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Another great video! Was that SARL where you were on the water? How was the fishing?

70Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ornery Bob wrote:Another great video! Was that SARL where you were on the water? How was the fishing?

It was SARL, it was terrible. I do not have any luck catching there at all. I think I have been skunked there like five times.

71Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:Very cool!
Thanx for your DIY hard lap-tray video Alakai! Thumbs Up

Just my two cents from things that I've learned by my experience with using DIY hard top lap trays over the last couple of years ...

I used SS rivets with SS washers because they lay flat and won't cause any additional damage to the epidural of the fish after it's been landed on top of my tray because they have this uncanny tendency to want to flip, shake, flop and shimmy around and at times it seems like they can shake a thousand-miles-per-hour all over the top of my hard lap tray or they will make themselves as large as they can by flaring-out their gill plates and their dorsal fins.

So I found out that the smoother the tray surface is ... the safer it is for the fish and it won't cause unnecessary damage to their fins, gill plates or their epidural when they slide back and forth all-over the hard top lap tray.

Shocked Just something to re-consider when using wing-nuts.

Thanx again for the cool video!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan    <"))><

Got it, I was wondering why. I still need to get a pad or something there to help and keep the top clean and a ruler to measure the fish.

72Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:40 pm

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My take on the apron upgrade...Some were a little big for my taste. So I went to lowes told the manager how my wife bought me 4 totes and only got 3 lids and he gave me 1. mine is 23 x 16 and i added my retractable cutters, pliers will be next.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

73Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude that is great I like it a lot thanks for sharing.

74Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

That looks great!!
Thanks for sharing.

75Cumberland Apron Upgrade - Page 3 Empty Re: Cumberland Apron Upgrade Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:26 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just outlined mine with 1 inch PVC and shipped tired it to the apron work pretty good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum