FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

float tube bladder repair

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1float tube bladder repair Empty float tube bladder repair Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

bassmeister

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have a waterskeeter personal pontoon type float tube. I have only used the tube three times in the fresh water. Wanted to bay fish with it this week but thankfully I took out the tube last week to pump it up and check out everything only to find that the upper u-shape bladder that holds the two side pontoons together had a leak at the inside weld seam. I check out reviews on internet and find that it is a very common problem with the bladders (specially the u-shaped top section) leaking at the weld seam. my question is, is there a place or company that will re-weld the seam? I thought about using my vacuum sealer but the shape of the area where the leak is won't fit into sealer and can't close the lid. I really don't think the vacuum sealer would get hot enough to weld the bladder but I would've tried had it fit. Hate to have to buy/trade for another tube but that is what it is looking to be my alternative.

Thanks Scott

2float tube bladder repair Empty Re: float tube bladder repair Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 am

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3float tube bladder repair Empty Re: float tube bladder repair Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:30 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

A generous layer or two of Aquaseal or E6000 will probably do the trick. Let it cure 12 hours.

4float tube bladder repair Empty tube repair Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:37 pm

bassmeister

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you gentlemen. I wasn't sure any adhesive's would work at the seams. I use to use the e-6000 to glue magnets on the surface of windows when I installed alarms for Brinks Home Security, it is some tough glue.

5float tube bladder repair Empty Re: float tube bladder repair Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 am

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

I had the exact same problem happen this morning only on a ODC420 bladder. Mine is also right on the seam. I was going to use Aquaseal, but am wondering what keeps it from popping right off after i inflate it ?? Does it have that much stretch to it that it will move with the bladder ??

Thanks

Jim

6float tube bladder repair Empty Re: float tube bladder repair Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:39 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aquaseal and E6000 are flexible. I would clean the area with rubbling alcohol and then apply three coats. Make sure the area is flat and level because both products are self-leveling. If it does not work you can always peel it off and try a patch.

7float tube bladder repair Empty Re: float tube bladder repair Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Fisheromen !! I was going to only put one layer on there, but i'll follow your advice and put a couple with a couple of days drying time in between.

Jim

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum