FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super Fat Cat vs Outcast Prowler PLZ HELP WHAT DO YOU THINK?

+2
Pavo21
zdiaz925
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zdiaz925

FTFF Gathering Officer

Ive owned three float tubes the Teton, Cumberland and the Super Fat Cat. Ive decided I really like the Super Fat Cat above the others . Ive had two back surgeries and seat comfort is up there in importance for me. Just one problem I got a defective seat Bladder and will be exchanging for a new one on Monday. However I was thinking about upgrading to the Prowler the extra size and weight do not concern me because not much bigger then the SFC from what I see and price Im fine with. Ive heard alot about wind problems with this tube but are they really that much more then the Super Fat Cat? PLease I love for yall with experience with the Prowler to chime in and let me know about any cons. While taking into factor that I love the SFC but if the Prowler can offer more comfort and more benefit then cons Im all about it. WHAT DO YOU THINK...

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i dont have either of these, but i feel that if comfort is almsot your main priority due to your back situation, then i say go for it. if you dont like it you can always return it or sell it depending on the return policy. but hopefully someone with experience chimes in for you

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I know i am kind of Late with this reply sorry
I tried a Prowler. Beware the seating puts you Leaning Forward all the time not comfortable at all as outcast claims
all the air adjustment in the world would not fix the uncomfortable seating
after talking with other users on the water most had the same issue
it is a well built tube maybe the best.....BUT they need to fix the seating. maybe a longer seat by a couple inches and move the seat back about 3" or so. that way the tube would not lean forward all the time
very hard on your back and legs
I would like to try a outcast Super fat cat...... Might be a better tube.
just my Thoughts
red1952

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Im in a deluxe with the inflated back rest and seat and man its the best...ive never had foam but heard enough stories so will always buy inflatable...if I get another tube it will b the sfc! In orange grey color

Good luck

Tony g

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I have a FatCat with an upgrade to the inflatable seat but stilll have the foam backrest and i regularly do 6-8 hour sessions and even done a few 12 hour sessions and i finde the combo of the seats very comfortable. as far as wind goes i feel the wind affects me more then i would like and i would only assume the larger the tube the more surface area for the wind to push on and the hight out of the water you are the less drag so the wind can move you easyier, but with less drag on those no wind days you can move pretty quick

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Anyone use a super fat cat that is 250-300lbs ??
do you lean forward in the tube?
is it comfortable for 5-8 hours at a time ?

SFC is comfortable so as long as you have the air seat. Foam sucks no matter what size you are. The back rest is adjustable so you can it more up right or loosen it so you lean back.
The prowler is adjustable as well FYI

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

miller wrote:SFC is comfortable so as long as you have the air seat. Foam sucks no matter what size you are. The back rest is adjustable so you can it more up right or loosen it so you lean back.

I had a prowler...you lean forward all the time and you have to lean the seat so far back it is not comfortable...
After awhile i asked others and they all said the same thing...funny the prowler has a Huge weight capacity and is a nice tube,...but is not comfortable for large guys....when i call Outcast they knew of the issue already

i need to test a super fat cat before i buy. some say the super fat cat has larger tubes and has less seating room with wise

So far nothing has been better than my roughneck.....No longer made
tried my sons Cumberland Nice tube for the money But not near s stable as a Roughneck or Prowler

red1952ford wrote:
miller wrote:SFC is comfortable so as long as you have the air seat. Foam sucks no matter what size you are. The back rest is adjustable so you can it more up right or loosen it so you lean back.

I had a prowler...you lean forward all the time and you have to lean the seat so far back it is not comfortable...
After awhile i asked others and they all said the same thing...funny the prowler has a Huge weight capacity and is a nice tube,...but is not comfortable for large guys....when i call Outcast they knew of the issue already

i need to test a super fat cat before i buy.  some say the super fat cat has larger tubes and has less seating room with wise

tried my sons Cumberland Nice tube for the money But not near s stable as a Roughneck or Prowler

Maybe that's an issues for only big guys with the prowler.
Me personally I don't care for the prowlers design/layout.
As far as the seating area I want to say the SFC & prowler are the same. The prowler is a little bit bigger overall. The side pockets are about the same size.

For anyone with any type of back problems it's gonna be hard to find a tube that we can sit in for up to 10-12 with out getting sore or even uncomfortable.

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

is it possible for you to measure the distance between the tube while it is inflated ?
the prowler was plenty wide but the sat is just too far rfor most guys
if you do not lean forward in the SFC the it would work

Too bad the Rough neck is not longer made...it was the best

miller wrote:
red1952ford wrote:

i need to test a super fat cat before i buy.  some say the super fat cat has larger tubes and has less seating room with wise

Maybe that's an issues for only big guys with the prowler.
Me personally I don't care for the prowlers design/layout.
As far as the seating area I want to say the SFC & prowler are the same. The prowler is a little bit bigger overall. The side pockets are about the same size.

For anyone with any type of back problems it's gonna be hard to find a tube that we can sit in for up to 10-12 with out getting sore or even uncomfortable.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've had both the prowler and super fat cat. IMO the prowler was way better more stable, more room for your tackle ect. and the leaning forward part I don't get? If you inflate your backrest fully 'yes' in any tube it will make you lean forward. It's easy to adjust by letting air out to adjust to the best sitting position for the tuber.

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I've had both the prowler and super fat cat. IMO the prowler was way better more stable, more room for your tackle ect. and the leaning forward part I don't get? If you inflate your backrest fully 'yes' in any tube it will make you lean forward. It's easy to adjust by letting air out to adjust to the best sitting position for the tuber.

Well words from Outcast..WE know we have an Issue Depending on the weight of the Angler...this is with the prowler
no adjustment can me mad to fix the issue.. lean the seat back let some air out...jsut dont worjk for large guys
Look at your prowler if it was made int he last 4 year the toons are larger in the front to help the lean for Big men..... also for big men the seat is way short and ends at your Hamb strings not close to your knees
Been there and done that had one call Outcast many times about the issue
I guess being spoiled with the roughneck makes it worse
the roughneck seat when inflated stays Flat and is long enough to almost make it too the back of your knees
while this may not be an issue for smaller men the tube does not work well for larger guys
unless your 40 or under a seat that the edge hots you at the mid point in your hamb string is almost unbearable after 4 hours or so
and they Do lean forward...no adjustment will fix that...if you are heavy they Lean forward and your always readjusting in your set to stay back...for you small guys...you can use about any tube comfortable
all outcast needs to do is offer a longer seat bottom and move the seat 3 or 4" back and it would be great for larger guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum