FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris --- New's Update ...

+2
Jerdon
Chomps
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Lake Perris ,

Water Level update. Hello all, As most Californians know we are in the middle of a severe multiyear drought. Water for most reservoirs is at record lows. During the next 3-5 months water will be used from Perris to supply the Riverside County area. We will slowly see the water level decrease to an estimated 4-8 feet loss. The good news is that we will still have launch ramp #6 open as it is long enough to support boat launches. In addition our campground, marina, and swim beaches will remain open. Please do you part and conserve water and lets all keep our fingers crossed for a wet fall, winter, and spring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a Side note , I was told the Water will drop another 9ft , what this means is that Bernasconi Beach will be closed eventually . On the Plus side I am kind of exited to go walk the tire reef that will be fully out of the water and the east end will be high and dry .. Time to go take some pictures of some hidden areas and map some GPS locations on the handheld ..Also a great time to go find some lost swimbaits and other treasures ...

Jerdon , Time to go hunt that Lost Force Fin down Thumbs Up

WES

2Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:10 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the update misfitdog! I bet theirs some nice swimbaits at the tire reef

3Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

If the Lake goes down another 12 feet that fin will be on land.
I'm betting a lot of guys want to climb on that tire reef and find some lures.
cheers

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:07 am

Jerdon - 12ft seems extreme , I could see 9ft , but what got me was they did like last time they posted where going to drop 9ft over the next few months due to the fish spawning and then they dropped it 9ft over a week , almost over night . then we had that pipe break and it spilled another several ft out of the lake Shocked

I need to go fishing .. been working for the last 9 days straight and I still have 3 days before I finally get a day off lol

5Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:48 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

depends on how fast they drop the water u wont be able to walk down to the water the mud will be crazy and theres no getting around it until it drys

6Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:49 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow thanks for the update and good luck with the hunt for swimbaits and force fins. I like were you head is at, taking a lot of pictures and map out some honey holes while the water is down. Ya this drought is hellish we all need to do our part for sure.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the update bro, been wanting to hit up perris, looks like I better go quick!

8Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:51 am

Update :  I bumped into a Ranger Bud of mine @ work Yesterday and he confirmed the lake will indeed draw down 9' or more as demand for water is at a all time high in Riverside County .. He did go and confirm my suspicion that Bernasconi will close to all Access and that once the 9' mark has been Reached that Private Boat launches will be out of the Sail cove and the lake will be limited to a 20 boats on the water at any giving time and a strict 5mph whole lake zone will be in immediate effect .

Looking good for the Tubers Boys , As we will have free rain on the water  with no limitations , except for CLOSED areas like Bernasconi and more then Likely the East End , since it will be nothing but a mud hole anyhow !!

WES

Last edited by Misfitdog on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I did some recon this week out of fishermans cove, 15 feet at the deepest over to Alessandro Island.
It will be Alessandro Peninsula when we drop 8 more feet.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

10Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:47 pm

So it appears the lake has already dropped 4-5' , that was quick .. I want to get out this next week since I am off Monday and Tuesday , But now I see in the forcast that we have a 60% chance of Thunderstorms starting Sunday Mad I am about ready to just nut up and take the chance .. if the good lord want's me to go then it will be fishing !!!

11Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

there not lowering the water now the water hasnt drop since last time i was there 3 weeks ago go have fun o and fish main launch ramp yesterday for 3 fish biggest 2lbs

12Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Fisher,

the Lake is already dropping and they have already begun clearing the Sailcove Area of Brush . we may see private boat launches from there sooner then later .. Remember the last time Perris said they where going to have a 3 month drop down . The drop down happened in a 2 week period as most people that where around the lake watched the DFW shocking bass on beds to move them from becoming trapped in areas like the hidden lake and such

WES

13Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i get my info from last chance bait and tackle rangers, dfg guys, and water district guys go in there every week and tell them whats going on this is what i heard and from 3 weeks ago the water level is the same givin a foot or 2

14Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I was on the Lake today and it is down 4 feet from two weeks ago. The wet ring around the shore is clearly visible. I went to the boat launch to see how much more it could drop down and looks like they have another 20 feet or so in the water. I'm not sure how much room the larger boats will need.

15Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:16 am

Indeed I can Confirm what Jerdon stated the Water level is down 3-4' already since last week , I was also up there on Tuesday and I can say one thing the water level dropping in no way has hindered the Fishing , the waters is staining up nicely and the fish are loving it again .. I lost track of time as everything was hitting brought a few panfish home to eat .. But on a side note I played on the water from 6am -1pm and caught 9 Panfish (shell crackers & gills ) and 17 bass all smaller models in the 12-13" range biggest around 2.5 lbs , but it was a blast watching them blow up on topwater and crankbaits

WES

16Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:18 pm

new update :  Things will be happening by Oct 5th , lets see what happens  , portions of the lake will be closed  !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WES

17Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 pm

I seen that on FB as well. I can't believe how much shore line there closing for this. How long is the construction Supposed to go on for?

18Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

miller wrote:I seen that on FB as well. I can't believe how much shore line there closing for this. How long is the construction Supposed to go on for?

the project once started is supposed to last a little over 3yrs depending on how it goes , so the water will remain low

WES

19Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thank you Wes for the valuable info!!! I wanna hit peris this sunday but still not sure...

20Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:47 pm

October 15th , full south area closer's go into effect , the water is dropped where it needs to be , the lake is 40% to full pool .. New post on there Facebook page posted today . But the plus side is the fish are Biting !!!

WES

21Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Perris Announced Today that the lake will Drop another The water will continue to drop another 3 vertical feet  and the Island will be walk able from the East End , but your encouraged to use caution if you so choose too lol!  , This Drop is not part of the Dam project , but requested from  MWD ..

- Launch Ramp 6 will remain open to boaters , it has about 12 vertical feet of water on top of it at this current time .

Check there Facebook page for more details : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WES

22Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Hows the bite holding with all this loss of water ? You think we will see more big girls coming out to play this winter when they start planting the trout? I have seen that schoolie stripers are on the chew there

23Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Empty Re: Lake Perris --- New's Update ... Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 am

miller wrote:Hows the bite holding with all this loss of water ? You think we will see more big girls coming out to play this winter when they start planting the trout? I have seen that schoolie stripers are on the chew there

Miller , I sure Hope we see some big Girls coming out this year and I talked to a Warden There and there will be trout plants this year , hopefully they start around thanksgiving like always .

On a Good Note :

Kwin a Biologist for the DFW is working on improvements  to the lake's structure . This was his post :

I have already put 1000+ citrus tree habitats into the existing water level. I have a fisheries habitat plan that involves 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs for the lake bottom from high water to the 25' reduction level it's been at for the last 8 years. This work is being done as part of the mitigation for the dam remediation drawdown. I will be a busy dude.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum