FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay

+3
jeffcpr
Dano67
trout bum
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 10:09 am

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Do they do the job, or is there something better? I've heard both good and bad reports about them working consistantly.

Thanks!

2Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 10:26 am

Dano67

Dano67

What is it?

3Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Are you talking the Hummingbird fish finder, I don't have one myself but I know a few people here have one. I figure that they must work ok, at least you can see if there is something under you.

Once I have a third job and find the 8 day and the 25th hours in each day I plan to get one, I will let you know then. Mean while anyone else want to help our friend out. Cool

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 11:53 am

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yes, the Humminbird portable fish finder. Thought just about everybody heard the name, sorry

5Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Dano67

Dano67

I have a 570 portable I modified to use on my tube that I really like. I know LC uses a lowrance color he likes.

6Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 1:41 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have been using fishing buddies for years. ever since they first came out. I have one now.. I really like them for ease of use and mounting... I just wish they made one with gps or plotter.. the side finding to me is useless though

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

7Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 3:23 pm

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

The reason I'm asking is I have a Lowrance 510c but it's rather large and heavy for a tube, or even a toon.

8Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 3:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya I think the best way to go is with the smaller version, or maybe we can come up with a float to glide next to you and mount it on that confused

9Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 5:32 pm

AzRob

AzRob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey Trout what are you doing with my Float Tube? Had to do a double take when I saw your Avatar! Shocked

10Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya you guys must shop at the same sports stores. lol!

11Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I bought an oooold Fishing Buddy at a yard sale, so old it's still made by Bottom Line and not Humming Bird. I like it actually good for finding structure, depth and when it meters fish I have started pulling them up sometimes. Especially crappie, bluegill and trout. Like Bayfishingjunkie said though the side finder is usless unless it meters a boat coming at you your about to get hit by.

Nice part is it's easy to use, easy to mount and uses regular batteries. I plan on upgrading mine after I sell a few bikes.

I've used mine on my tube, yak and retal boats all in fresh water. Havn't tried salt yet. I also have the small Humming Bird fish finder that you attatch to a rod and reel and then cast the trasnducer out. I tow it along on my float tube to look for structure, drop offs and depth... works ok for that but fish finding is a big maybe.

12Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Sun May 22, 2011 8:59 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm using the Lowrance Mark 5. Seems to do the job pretty well. Its not too big for the tube and my transducer set up is the essence of simplicity (and laziness) I can probably improve on that. But then if it works...it works. I have only used it in the salt and its amazing to see what is going on down there! I look forward to using it in a lake but I'm so stuck on salt fishing I sometimes forget there are fish in lakes!! What a Face

13Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Empty Re: Fishin Buddy....Yay or Nay Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 am

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

AzRob wrote:Hey Trout what are you doing with my Float Tube? Had to do a double take when I saw your Avatar! Shocked

Rob, when ya find a good deal, ya just have to pull the trigger green happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum