FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

rookie here

+5
smith's handpoured baits
Vagabond
jeffcpr
BASSGEEK
huyeed
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1rookie here Empty rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:47 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

hey guys, the name is Huy. been fishing about 2 months now and looking to get a tube really soon (like this week).

pretty much been fishing around 20 hrs a week though i've slowed down a bit. mainly fish the newport bay from the m street pier, on a skiff, and the jetties on the wedge and cdm side.

learning how to fish lures right now, got me hooked. hopefully i can really start exploring some structure once i get a tube.

2rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:14 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome man. you got any pics

3rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Huy, glad you joined good luck on the tube hunt and I am sure we will see you out there soon one day.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome!

If you are looking for a tube Dano67 has got a sweet set up he is selling right now. Great price and a good guy, hopefully you can pick it up from him as your first tube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:47 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

6rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:53 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

thanks for the welcome guys! i dont have pics yet. i've usually been so stoked to catch anything that i forget i have my phone. i'll definitely be bringing my waterproof camera along once i get a tube.

thanks for the tip Vagabond. i was going to buy a cheap caddis nevada and rig it up myself but that looks way better.

7rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:59 pm

huyeed wrote:thanks for the welcome guys! i dont have pics yet. i've usually been so stoked to catch anything that i forget i have my phone. i'll definitely be bringing my waterproof camera along once i get a tube.

thanks for the tip Vagabond. i was going to buy a cheap caddis nevada and rig it up myself but that looks way better.

Welcome Huy! Do yourself a favor. Do not buy various tubes as I did. I have several Caddis Nevada Golds to Navigators. When you are looking into a tube, the more your lower body is out of the water the better and more efficient you can move. I purchased a Fish Cat and I will never ever go back. By the time you spend the money on a Caddis, you are already way over the amount Dano is asking for his Fish Cat with 2 customs holders. I paid $100 for a holder! Anyways, welcome! Let's go tubing!

LC

8rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Buy the FishCat you will not be sad!!! I will let you know on my tube. If not, the guy I bought mine from had one for sale.

9rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome asn ask any question you need to know about and one of us will help you out as best as we can . feel right at home here you will like it here

10rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

thanks guys. i'm already scratching the whole caddis tube idea. going straight for the fish cat.

i'm guessing that to start, i'll need a tube, fins, and waders?

11rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

shop around and you will find some good deals craigs list,ebay sportsmans guide cabelas and sign up for big 5 email team and any other free club membership that offer deal cause there a lot of god stuff out there you can get for cheap Twisted Evil

12rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

huyeed are you a local in cali

13rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

yup i'm in irvine. i fish newport harbor at least once a week.

14rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool bassgeek is a newport guy too and i have been getting shunked there but i am not giving up lol

15rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:22 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

yeah newport harbor has been a tad slow the past few weeks, but last week gave me hope. noticed the calicos and spotties are biting again, so are some small halibut.

plenty of live bait available near the docks if you just drop a sabiki down.

16rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:27 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i got to try that but i am chicken when it comes to live bait and tubing i like lure lol

17rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:09 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

i can see how using live bait would be a hassle. i have an aerator and bucket i use on shore and in skiffs. a little harder to do that on a tube.

if you are looking for live bait, forget buying it. go out to the public dock just down the street from the wedge. perch on the bottom, smelt and other bait fish on top. i've seen people launch off of the adjacent beach too.

18rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I heard of live bait tanks that float but are tied about a 20 foot rope and keep it away from you lol

19rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:31 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

here is a good way to go if you have not purchased a tube yet.. go to go online to bass pro shops find the tube you want I also recommend the fish cat and call your order in by phone tell them you want to pay it over 6 months they ship it to you right away and bill your atm card once a month for 6 months comes out to 40.19 per month.. that how i did it... good luck and if you ever want to fish newport or anywhere else for that matter give me a text at 310-310-4781 I am always happy to share my passion of fishing with anyone..

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

20rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:here is a good way to go if you have not purchased a tube yet.. go to go online to bass pro shops find the tube you want I also recommend the fish cat and call your order in by phone tell them you want to pay it over 6 months they ship it to you right away and bill your atm card once a month for 6 months comes out to 40.19 per month.. that how i did it... good luck and if you ever want to fish newport or anywhere else for that matter give me a text at 310-310-4781 I am always happy to share my passion of fishing with anyone..

thanks now i know how to get my next tube lol that will be 4

21rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

thanks for the tip...i have a few of used deals i'm waiting on to see if they work out. fish cat 4, one on an inflatable pontoon boat, and one on the sea eagle 285 frameless pontoon boat. if none of those work out, i'll head to sports chalet and get a new fish cat 4 from them.

22rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:51 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:here is a good way to go if you have not purchased a tube yet.. go to go online to bass pro shops find the tube you want I also recommend the fish cat and call your order in by phone tell them you want to pay it over 6 months they ship it to you right away and bill your atm card once a month for 6 months comes out to 40.19 per month.. that how i did it... good luck and if you ever want to fish newport or anywhere else for that matter give me a text at 310-310-4781 I am always happy to share my passion of fishing with anyone..

Why...oh why did you tell us (me) this? Have you no mercy? No compassion? You know what's going to happen now don't you? Next rendezvous everyone (me) will be on a brand new Fish Cat Deluxe !!!!

23rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

OMG Bayfishingjunkie just ruined about 10 people's lives by telling us how to finance float tubes through BPS. I see girl friends leaving, marriages ending and kids finding out daddy has been hitting the harbor in their college fund so better start flipping burgers to go to a community college.

24rookie here Empty Re: rookie here Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Vagabond wrote:OMG Bayfishingjunkie just ruined about 10 people's lives by telling us how to finance float tubes through BPS. I see girl friends leaving, marriages ending and kids finding out daddy has been hitting the harbor in their college fund so better start flipping burgers to go to a community college.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum