FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

East side and Bernasconi area of Perris

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1East side and Bernasconi area of Perris Empty East side and Bernasconi area of Perris Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Has anyone recently kicked over to the east shoreline and the Bernasconi area and fished there? That was the best areas to fish from a 'tube. I know it's shallow in areas now. It's a long kick from Sail Cove and the boat launch area, but with the lake getting drawn down so much, it's not so far now.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I paddled my kayak over there in March. Maybe if I was in better shape, but for me it was not worth the energy spent. Alll I could thing about when paddling was that I could have been fishing from my tube the whole time.
To kick that far would not be worth it to me.

bugger

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

It's 2.3 miles to the road bed from sailcove if you can keep a straight line along the dam(which you can't so add another half mile).The low water is only saving you a few hundred yards.

I've always wanted to make a dam run but end up giving up about half way because it's just too boring. Also the farther out you get from your stating point the farther away the other side looks. I'd get home and check my gps to find out I only went about 1/3 way across.

About a year ago I got a boat ride over and was able to tube it for an hour which wasn't enough time. Its so different now it would take a long time to figure it out again from a tube.

With the water down low you should just play at the inlet while you can. It's just right outside the buoy line.

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

not to bad of a kick from launch to the bernasconi side of the lake if you fish behind the island or tire reef . now trying to kick down the dam oh wow , as bugger stated it is a hell of a kick down that side , we attempted it in  2015 with the FW vs SW tourney and we made it 80% of the way there through the storm as others where kicked off the lake and they missed us. It was Hairy with all the lightning and so much wind  Smile  we called our efforts off and turned around as we did not know what the weather would would do that day .  on the bright side was that we had the lake to ourselves afterwards and it went flat calm ... they did not let anyone on the water thus causing the FW team to forfeit that day and saltwater to take there only Razz  ....  was same damn good fishing all the way down as well on LMB  

Edit : Also on the learning the lake differently on that side of the lake that is a negative it fishes exactly the same this this time of yr as when we where full pool Smile the fish just moved out a little deeper (panfish , bass , cats all still there ) and same techniques work .

WES

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wes- The way I was talking about going to the east side was from the old lot 12 launch ramp. I wonder if it is any better to park then walk (carrying all my stuff) down closest to the rocky point just west of the launching ramp? Seems closer to the island. There's a couple spots I'd like to fish in deeper water on the north side of the island that used to hold some nice sized panfish. (Used to hold)...

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Komori wrote:Wes-  The way I was talking about going to the east side was from the old lot 12 launch ramp.  I wonder if it is any better to park then walk (carrying all my stuff) down closest to the rocky point just west of the launching ramp?  Seems closer to the island.  There's a couple spots I'd like to fish in deeper water on the north side of the island that used to hold some nice sized panfish.  (Used to hold)...

Understood Jeff  ,  That would be a slight walk then since they opened up the other side of the lot and it will take you right down to the point , the only thing is the grass is very high now (8') and  going around that side of the island it is no deeper then 3-4' , once you are around it opens to about 6' but still heavy vegetation .. water temps are mid 80's even when you launch at 6am Thumbs Up

Edit : once you get closer to the front side of the east side of the island to go around it gets very shallow quick and stays about 2-3' .  If you went around the island on the west side towards the tire reef atleast you can stay a good steady 10'  and there are weeds breaking the surface in areas at that depth as well , almost not fish able .  the pans are really holding a bit deeper around 15' on the edges of the weed line. key is finding the broke up weeds in the 15-20' range and all fish species are holding in there

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum