FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wader Pants how has used them

+2
Misfitdog
jeffcpr
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wader Pants how has used them Empty Wader Pants how has used them Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So I have some questions I am hoping to get a pair of these at some point in time. Does anyone have any experience in using wader paints when fishing from there float tube. I think this would be so much better the using full chest high waders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Wader Pants how has used them Empty Re: Wader Pants how has used them Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I too would like to know about these ,  The 1 concern I have is taking a wave over the side or up on the seat and having your shirt becoming wet in the winter months  .. I know a lot of kayak anglers use these in the winter months with great success

Edit : Also by looking into them a bit more the Frogg Toggs Hellbender Microfiber Breathable Stockingfoot Guide Pant . they seem to fit nicely and most importantly breathable for us warmer climate guys and they fit a bit higher on the waist , but would still allow us too layer a bit underneath if you needed too , also would be a good fit for people who want to stay dry even in the summer months , but cooler and also offer sun protection if you don't want to tan up your legs  lol

Wes

3Wader Pants how has used them Empty Re: Wader Pants how has used them Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

It's funny you should mention this because I just noticed last weekend that I have tan lines where the water socks I wear to cushion my feet in the fins meet my leg. Even underwater, I'm getting tanned!

I was looking at the Columbia Sports "Backcast" SPF 50 nylon pants as a possible remedy. I think I could tuck them into my water socks at the bottom and they wouldn't be flapping around in the water. Of course, they're just fabric and not waders, but for warm days with warm water, I think they might be a good alternative to waders for staying out of the sun.

4Wader Pants how has used them Empty Re: Wader Pants how has used them Fri May 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Somewhere on her I remember a review on waist high waders. I can't seem to find it right now. I remember he liked them, but had concerns if it was cold and he got wet.

Anyways, maybe you can let us know.

5Wader Pants how has used them Empty Re: Wader Pants how has used them Sat May 06, 2017 9:04 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I've always used stocking foot chest waders.
Back in the day, I started with neoprene waders but now have breathable waders. I remember fishing lake perris in late December with the water temp a brisk 42 degrees. 5mm neoprene waders with thermal long johns, sweatpants cotton socks with wool thermal socks over them. Still not enough. We caught fish but froze doing it. Feet went numb after 10 minutes. Haven't been in water near that cold and sweats under breathable waders have been fine.
If it were me, I would get chest waders. If it rains, you just wear a light rain jacket and only your hands get wet. In rough water, your shirt will stay dry. If it's hot out, you can roll them down to your waist. The waders I got have the zipper down the front. Easy on/off and to take care of buisiness.

6Wader Pants how has used them Empty Re: Wader Pants how has used them Mon May 08, 2017 9:26 am

HugeEuge57

HugeEuge57
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I use the chest high ones here in the winter. I've been out when the air temp was in the upper 20s/low 30s in 50 degree water and never had an issue being cold but I think that's because of the first layer tops and bottoms I bought a few years back....a little pricey but they are made from the same material the army uses, supposed to keep you warm in sub 0 temps...and they really work well.

As for the waders, I'm a bigger guy so the pants look enticing, however the chest ones allow me to put my phone and wallet in the top of them to keep them safe without needing to bring a waterproof container.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum