FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sorry just need to vent

+6
kin
Alpinets
SP Dan
Fishbones805
david886720
jeffcpr
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sorry just need to vent  Empty Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have never done this before on the forum, but I have to get this off my chest. I have been punched and kicked over and over again just recently. Most of it comes from Facebook and my dealing there just a little from the forum.

I don't mean I have actually been punched and kicked, but figuratively online. It is true when you have something that works others want to tear it down. They want what you have and if they don't know how to play nice the do what they can to make you look bad.

9 years everyone 9 years of hard work and dedication has kept this site running and growing. Have I done everything right (NO) of course not I have made mistakes? I have always owned up to my mistakes and done the best I can to make this a great comfortable place for all to be. We have now moved into 2 new areas tournaments and sales, we are excited about this, but in the same token has been an area of growing pains. There will some minor changes to the tournament series coming one is the all members must have a minimum of 50 posts. No more Facebook only members, please know this is not directed at all just need to make sure people are members of the forum and understand truly what we are doing. The other is sales, while we have had some great success there have been some unexpected thorns that were not expected.

This is all part of success, hard work and getting punched, and kicked is just part of the process. Like I said I have not done this before and I promise to not do this again but sometimes you just need to vent. This won't end anytime soon and I am sure it will get tougher as we grow more. We just need to remember when you are doing things right some people will do whatever they can to pull it all apart. Thanks for reading this I am done with this rant and thank you all for being apart of the forum you all make it what it is. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you for all the hard work you do to keep this forum and float tuber's connected and motivated to share with each other. I agree that you will always have people trying to push you down when you try and build something. You are doing a great job and by always trying to do what's right your heart is in the right place. Nothing is perfect so keep it up Jeff! Everyone needs to vent once in a while. We are all only human. salute

3Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

It's a super unfortunate side effect of growth. I can totally feel your pain, I just had to deal with an ex roommate yesterday messing with my business FB page. I got boycotted by a kayaking club once lol who now do their best to advertise for a competitor. The more exposure you have, the more chance someone is going to take out their ire on you. It absolutely sucks, you absolutely can vent. But it's the price of any success.

4Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

This is so true all we can do is just keep working on what we are doing. I believe that is will all pan out in the end and if you are doing it right you will be fine.

5Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ya, the number one rule is to not get bogged down in this stuff (speaking from experience). That's actually the point of random harassment or even specific criticisms. Report harassment and threats, block and ban them, get on with your day. Always listen to criticism, try to improve etc., but when it's just abuse, meh.

6Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

A couple of thoughts come to mind Jeff after reading your posting and all of the positive; supportive, replies above:

1. The Lord only puts on your plate what you can truly handle
2. Be patient and all good things will continue to come your way
3. Do the right thing in order to keep the harmony in your FTFF dream
4. Stay true to yourself and remain focused, no matter the hurdles that rise up in front of you (which they will)
5. Take the time to pray on this for the answers

Thank you for all of your; and your family's, personal sacrifices, time and energy making FTFF possible.

Your friend  Cool ,

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:25 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thank you SP Dan this is all true I started this site to find flaot tubers in the area to fish with. We soon noticed there was so much more we could offer. God is a the reason this has came to what it is today. But as we have talked before "his time". I just respect and do the best i can each day.

8Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Alpinets

FTFF Gathering Officer

This message board is the only place I’m able to get needed advise on my new intro into float tubes...without you, I’m sunk (literally!!). Thank you

9Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Alpinets wrote:This message board is the only place I’m able to get needed advise on my new intro into float tubes...without you, I’m sunk (literally!!). Thank you

We are not going anywhere and I an very happy we are here for people like yourself.

10Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Alpinets

FTFF Gathering Officer

I’m starting to read a few more posts and getting excited about making me float tube, my own

11Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:11 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

all that matters is you and your vision. I hope this site and associated endeavors are exactly how you want things to be (or headed in the same direction). The rest of us are just along for the ride

12Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Appreciate you getting it off your chest among friends.
It’s a sad fact that the internet has made possible an outlet for bad actors.
All of humanity’s knowledge, and a means for coming together.... and you get those who feel compelled to be asses, boors, or worse.
Know that you are doing great job, on top of doing an already great job - and it is appreciated immensely.
Thanks for all you do.

Last edited by dayhut on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

13Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

We support you sir and thank you for the hard work. I love reading and learning about everyone's adventures.

14Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:19 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff,

Keep your head up, stay positive and continue doing what you are doing. This forum has lasted that long because of you and all it's members. Dont let the hurdles bring you down. There will ALWAYS be haters, no matter what you do right or wrong. Cant please all but yourself.

15Sorry just need to vent  Empty Re: Sorry just need to vent Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:31 am

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No good deed goes unpunished..... Thanks for all you do!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum