FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

power pro to fluro connection question

+5
Tubinferbass
LGHT
n2deepfsw
waxon67
MASSfisher
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1power pro to fluro connection question Empty power pro to fluro connection question Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:53 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ive been using the albright know for my 30lb power pro to 10-12lb fluro connection but really like the tony pena knot. I feel like the albright knot gets hung up in my top guide to much which really sucks when im dropping the pilings for spotties. I was using the tony pena knot before but it was kind of difficult to tie on my tube. Recently i watched a video where the guy tying it made his twists but didnt double the power pro back down the line. This might not make sense if your not familiar with the knot...but he made the original 10 twists and then completed the knot instead of rewrapping the power pro over again. Is this ok to do? If this is still a stong way of tying the knot for the lighter line im using i will go back to it...but wanted to get some of your opinions first before finding out the hard way. The tony pena knot seems a lot sleeker going through the guides. Thanks.

Last edited by MASSfisher on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:59 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Ive been using the albright know for my 30lb power pro to 10-12lb fluro connection but really like the tony pena knot. I feel like the albright knot gets hung up in my top guide to much which really sucks when im dropping the pilings for spotties. I was using the tony pena knot before but it was kind of difficult to tie on my tube. Recently i watched a video where the guy tying it made his twists but didnt double the power pro back down the line. This might not make sense if your not familiar with the knot...but he made the original 10 twists and then completed the knot instead of rewrapping the power pro over again. Is this ok to do? If this is still a stong way of tying the knot for the lighter line im using i will go back to it...but wanted to get some of your opinions first before finding out the hard way. The tony pena knot seems a lot sleeker going through the guides. Thanks.

Great for braid to fluro, braid to mono, mono to fluro. Easy in the wind and on the water too.

Just my .02 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use the uni to uni knott, easy and never had a problem it.

i use the blood knot. I have never had any break offs. I know its not a commen knot but I can tie it blind folded and so far so good.

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I use the uni to uni knott, easy and never had a problem it.

+1

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

swivel use all the time from carolina to drop shot

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Uni to uni works great i use it myself. i have also used the blood knot and recently the Tony Pena knot with no problems but the uni to uni is the easiest.The Tony Pena is very good but I dont always get it right the first time.

http://bassinthehood.com

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've always been the black sheep What a Face lol!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wax that was a cool video I am trying that knot right now, be back in a few.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hi Guys,
This may sound like a stupid question , but what is the idea behind top shotting 12lb over 30 lb fiber line for bay fishing?

bodfish

11power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I like the power pro on occasion because it gives you instant hooksets.This is good with fast currents, heavy wind and fishing deeper waters of anyother time you have a lot of line off the reel....like making really long casts into deep water. Also the power pro gives you a direct connection to your lure....youccan deel everything your lure is doing. Did my big hammer just hit a rock....yesbut it was a moss covered rock. Im not that good of a fisherman yet to tell the difference but some east coast striprr fisherman i know who specializeiin bucktail jigs swear they can tell the difference......this is impossible with mono....but with braid its possible.

Id say the number one reason i use it is because of its strength and abrasion resistance. I still find myself using 6lb pline more often than not but the braid is awesomewhen dropping the pilings for spotties. In my opinion it doesnt make sense to connect 12lb fluro to 6lb line but it seems okay to connect it to 30lb braid.

And i just realized half of my response didnt answer your question...my bad.

But its cool to combine some of the charactersitics of braid with an invisible leader, even if the leader is weaker than the main line. You get the best of both worlds.

12power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:52 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The answer for me is that there is no disadvantage simply put. Or I should say if there is, I haven't discovered it yet. My harbor reels double as fresh water reels as well and we all understand the value of braid in certain fresh water applications. However, I have only one harbor reel with braid. The reel I fish mostly is 6# mono. I consider most harbor bass to be line shy to a certain degree and topping with a fluro leader seems to work for me. I will add a fluro leader to mono anytime.

Finally I think is a matter of preference as is many things in life.

13power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thnx guys,
Thought I was missing something, I'm a bit old school. The only time I use braided line is for very special applications. Up till now I have not used it for the swim baits but I am considering it lately out of defense as well as it's sensitivity aspects. With so many fisherman on the boats using it I sometimes find myself fishing amongst buzzsaws. I have been sawed off numerous times as of late by a mere touch of my flouro against the braids. I hate line to line connective knots, I just don't have the dexterity any more for those three handed knots! hee hee

still learnin, bodfish

14power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:30 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

here is a good site will show u every knot how to tie them and whats the strongest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:here is a good site will show u every knot how to tie them and whats the strongest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember these videos. Good stuff thanks for posting!

16power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

np thats what i always look up when trying to figur a knot out

17power pro to fluro connection question Empty Re: power pro to fluro connection question Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:10 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just downloaded the knot wars app from the droid market....pretty sick.

And thanks for the responses it really helped...gonna try some fishing in a little bit...i hope my knot holds up (knock on wood).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum