Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Facebook or no Facebook

Facebook or no Facebook

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Facebook Yes or No

Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_lcap244%Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% [ 8 ]
Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% [ 9 ]
Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Headcase I don't think we have one made yet for this site...so there is nobody yet to send a request to.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

27Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:09 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
This facebook idea is starting to sound like a headache... scratch

28Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:13 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
i know the site already is a social network why do we need to be conected to another

29Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i know the site already is a social network why do we need to be conected to another
Very true... afro

30Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:24 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
It doesnt have to be a headache....but we are making it one.

I think it would be cook but definitely not necessary. If our ultimate goal is to get our name on there we can just "recruit" people.

But theres another option which may be a lot easier. The page can be set up as a business (i think). That was there are no "friend requests". If people want to "like" the page they can...of they dont like the page theres nothin they can do except leave....no need to worry about any garbage being posted. Also as the owner of the page you can make it so nobody can write on your wall....or you can set it up so you have to approve before it is posted. It sounds a lot harder than it is....it can be set up pretty quickly and with the click of a few buttons you can have controlled privacy...with the click of a few more buttons you can suggest the page to other people (lure companies and fellow fisherman etc.).

I think we are making it sound harder than it really is bit at the same time im really not trying to push this. You can like it or dislike it im just throwing a few ideas out there.

31Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
IMO, I think that it's a relatively easy way to get more people interested in this site and float tubes/pontoons in general.
It may or may not help this site grow.
From what I've seen, FB doesn't seem to get trolls like you see on the other fishing forums and it's easy enough to remove their comments if the admin. chooses

This is my hunting/fishing club that I belong to and one of the newer members created this page for us and we have several admins keeping an eye on it. I being one of them.
Nothing really to do as far as moderating goes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I think having a facebook isn't a pro or a con it's more of a what the hell let's make one move. You could just set it up so people can be fans of the forum not friend it or post comments. But site moderators could post updates, picts and reports on it for fans to view.

I look at it as facebook is for friends and the forum is for friends that fish... any friends that I have on facebook that fish and I want to know about this forum I have already told about it and they are here.

33Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well maybe we can just add a link on our page to let people know what we do and to check out

34Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I say no, this is my get away from f/b. Where my lady cant get into and censor me and i can post what ever I like, not like f/b where people take shit to the heart all the time. Maybe that is why i have a few people who blocked me. This is like Al Bundys "no Maam." Like Batmans batcave. Great, now shes looking at what Im typing.

35Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I say no, this is my get away from f/b. Where my lady cant get into and censor me and i can post what ever I like, not like f/b where people take shit to the heart all the time. Maybe that is why i have a few people who blocked me. This is like Al Bundys "no Maam." Like Batmans batcave. Great, now shes looking at what Im typing.

Mendozauly, you have a great point!!

36Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Well maybe we can just add a link on our page to let people know what we do and to check out
now thats an idea if everyone put a link on there fb to get to the site Thumbs Up but i have no clue on how to do that

37Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
IN2DEEP I agree with you, that link was a perfect example.

And if we do it that way, Mendo, you wont have to really worry about her spying on you and stuff. People wouldnt be talking on it and stuff....just links and maybe some pictures (that don't have to be "tagged"). Once I "like" a page I will get some things on my newsfeed but my name is never mentioned and nothing ever shows up on my wall for others to see. Even if you "liked" the page your wife could see that you liked it (but i think you can hide that too) and that is all. The most she could do is like the page too and from there see some links or whatever on the page. If she really wanted too she could probably click last on your browser anyways and look at everything we are talking about right now.

I'm kinda the same way...my GF can see everything i do on facebook so this is my man zone as well.

38Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:24 am

lol, you guys are too funny. just remember our wifes know what we are doing at all times. we cant hide shit from them. one way or another they are going to find out.
remember it works both ways and women aways have the upper hand so sometimes we just have to ask ourself, is it really worth it ?
I have learned the hard way so now I dont even try and hide anything.
just food for thought.

39Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:35 am

I also think adding the forum to facebook would be cool and it would add new members who enjoy the sport of tuben. I have FB and 80% of my stuff is fishing related. I have gain alot of good info from other fishing FB pages. exp - team basstic, warbaits. all the top companys have them including the landings and big sport boats.
I dont see this ever becoming like BD.
If you need someone help you out with FB account, I can help you out as I am on it daily reading new info blah blah crap lol.
let me know jeff if you need anything

40Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I don't have anything to hide and if someone dose read what I am write here and they are from face book I say fine . I think everyone here is pretty cool I think I see more member here than fb anyways

41Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:23 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Can we fish now?!!

42Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
fishing friday for sure

43Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:fishing friday for sure

That's what I'm talking about!

44Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
me to

45Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I too belong to another forum. Because this is mainly tube oriented, I like this site much better. Even with most peeps bein 2 to 3 hours away from me, I get alot more out of this site. Come the first of the year, I hope to do more fishing and gettin to meet up with some you. The other site I belong to seems to just have way too many people. Which can be good or bad.
I do facebook everyday to see what my friends are doin, whether it's by their comments or pictures they've posted. I do have a couple of "likes" for certain business'. I see their posts on my page, but I rarely ever click over to that page. I only am interested in the "moderators" comments and not what others have posted on their wall..or page..But that's me..If it will be a positive thing by way of gettin more sponsors for this forum, I'd be for it. I mean what's the worst that could happen...
Anyways, that's my two cents worth...Fish ON....

46Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

Dano67

Dano67
I like it

47Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I would like to change my vote to NO

48Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:04 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I would like to change my vote to NO
Ok

49Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
yes please, change it for me??

50Facebook or no Facebook - Page 2 Empty Re: Facebook or no Facebook on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think having a facebook isn't a pro or a con it's more of a what the hell let's make one move. You could just set it up so people can be fans of the forum not friend it or post comments. But site moderators could post updates, picts and reports on it for fans to view.

I look at it as facebook is for friends and the forum is for friends that fish... any friends that I have on facebook that fish and I want to know about this forum I have already told about it and they are here.

I know most of you have posted similar to Vagabonds idea. I think this sounds best a place to just show what we have going on on the forum. No posting on the wall, used as advertisement for the forum. As well as meeting new possible sponsors in the long run. Thumbs Up my 2 cents I am not a FBer and I think I will leave this up to Waxon67 and the moderators to run it as they see fit.
Thanks for all the input guys now go fish.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum