FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dead stickin fer bass!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:13 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So a couple weeks ago I read on this style of fishin n it caught my eye. Theres pretty much one way to do it throw out your lure n ither let it sink to the bottom or let it float. The point is to let it sit n wait fer that curious bass to get an easy meal. The floating way takes some time n pratice I come to find out. It all depends if theres wind movin the water if its sunny r cloudy. On a windy day you can throw the floater n let it sit n the wind moves the lure for u. On a calm day its all you twitchin n slow jerkin. The thing is to mimic a tired bait fish thats floatin with the current tryin to regain his energy. The fish is still alive n movin but not much at all n thats what you gotta try n do. Jus put lil ripples around the bait n every now n then a couple slow cranks on the reel. I have been throwin a 10" castaic platinum floater n love how real the soft body looks in the water. I have added gills n fins to make the bait look as real as I can. So next time your out fishin fer those huge bass n gettin alot of followers n no bites dry dead stickin u might b surprised I know I was!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

2Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I would like to read that where did you see it. Sounds odd but I could see how it would be possible to stick a few LMB thanks

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Float n fly is a similar strategy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hers the link I read

5Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:10 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The last pic in that link you posted.....that fish is huge!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

6Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Tubinferbass wrote:So a couple weeks ago I read on this style of fishin n it caught my eye. Theres pretty much one way to do it throw out your lure n ither let it sink to the bottom or let it float. The point is to let it sit n wait fer that curious bass to get an easy meal. The floating way takes some time n pratice I come to find out. It all depends if theres wind movin the water if its sunny r cloudy. On a windy day you can throw the floater n let it sit n the wind moves the lure for u. On a calm day its all you twitchin n slow jerkin. The thing is to mimic a tired bait fish thats floatin with the current tryin to regain his energy. The fish is still alive n movin but not much at all n thats what you gotta try n do. Jus put lil ripples around the bait n every now n then a couple slow cranks on the reel. I have been throwin a 10" castaic platinum floater n love how real the soft body looks in the water. I have added gills n fins to make the bait look as real as I can. So next time your out fishin fer those huge bass n gettin alot of followers n no bites dry dead stickin u might b surprised I know I was!

how did you add gills and fins to it. do you have any up close pix of it or can you post some.

7Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I jus cut this one up last night....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I use a razor to cut slits for the gills bout 1.5 inc long n put red pipe cleaner to look like gills then super glue it all. And I cut the fins off a 8" castaic sbt boot tail n glued them on for front fins. I allso moved the hook ontop of the head so theres no belly hooks. I think fer floatin baits this is the best way to rig em they look more real with out a big ol trebble hook hangin from em.

8Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:47 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tactical Bassin?

9Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think thats what the vid was the guy did this mod to a huddle swimbait I posted a vid of it in a nother post

Last edited by Tubinferbass on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Dead stickin fer bass!!! Empty Re: Dead stickin fer bass!!! Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:51 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Its a great channel. Very west coast relative ...delta region I think. Great info on there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum