by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Float Tubing waters with gators
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:42 am

» Big News Maxxon Pricing has changed.
by jeffcpr Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm

» Another Mod To My Cumberland
by Jerdon Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 pm

by SP Dan Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 pm

» FOCL Float Tube Derby Bass Tournament: Castaic Lake :)
by ronniek524 Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:32 pm

» My Braided Line Epic Failure
by OldMan Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

» Beginning of a budget tube
by 87tpita Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:22 pm

» LAB Sunday 9-15-2019
by SP Dan Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

» Preferred Species
by OldMan Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » On board live bait well

On board live bait well

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On board live bait well Empty On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Live bait... live bait.... live bait and fear of seals etc so all the talk is about some sort of method to keep the bait in the surrounding water.

Why not have a small bait well with aerator on board out of the water(or in) and the eye of the curious? This does not mean the well has to be on the tube just closed off to the visual attraction and motion of live bait in a well.

Yes there would be a drag problem I'm sure. Drag shmag if your catching your target fish its a trade off.

Why couldn't the well be hydro dynamic to alleviate some of the drag if it becomes an issue?

Why does the bait well have to be utilizing the surrounding water for sustaining the bait?

Why does the well have to allow the bait to be seen by predators?

I say it doesn't.

Please don't tell me the seals will smell the accumulation of bait near your tube. We all goop enough fish sauce on our plastics to attract every seal and predatory fish out there so be real.

Ed's bucket on a boogie board is the best idea I've seen so far.

How about another device? Anyone?

2On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:27 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I will be watching this post looks like some good ideas will come from this one. The hammer is down that challenge is set what do you guys have to say. study

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I always use live bait when fishing salt until recently when I started fishing the harbor in my tube. I would really like to use live bait.

I own several fishing tanks (largest is 180 gallon) and I have tons of pumps, powerheads I can use. However I was looking at the option of setting up a bait tube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.socalmeatup.com

4On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I like the bait tube idea, but I can see the down side of leaving that sent trail in the water. Those pictures of the bait tube look very good. Thumbs Up good luck.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:23 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That's a nice setup Lght, light and compact.

6On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well there's one idea on the table. Is the hardware stainless?

7On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
No clue I didn't make that one. I've seen them before used by guys on kayaks.

Here are a couple of videos.

I like the ends on this one as it would allow more water to flow through the tubes, but not sure about the latch portion.

Here is another one that uses all pvc.

http://www.socalmeatup.com

8On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:43 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I like the first tube video the best so far. Very simple and effective design.

9On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
bait tube, smait tube,who needs them more stuff to lug around you want to use bass get a boat lol j/k i got a googie board with a bucket in the middle one of the guys at work made it for me i have not used it cause its big i like the tube ideal i think i am going to make one

10On board live bait well Empty Re: On board live bait well on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:44 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I agree on first video.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum