FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Float tube gathering in the salt

+25
itchybass
Tubinferbass
CPT Kirk
TheAsianGuy
FlamingTube
Vagabond
Dano67
jaws197
waxon67
Konacrush
cappo
sonarbp
ed5000x
Aquaholic38
flyfishingfool
IN2DEEP
tubefish
HEADCASE881
bayfishingjunkie
LGHT
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
hakaveli
Fisher
n2deepfsw
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

3512012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:I'm going to be out of commission for the next few weeks. Apparently I fish too much and have to help out with wedding preparations. BAH isn't that the lady's job?

LOL...So it begins!!! Man welcome to the married life...better get use to things like "YOU FISH TOO MUCH'...you hear that stuff alot!

3522012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Ed, you use treble or barb/barbless single hooks? Just letting go after 6 secs. Those hooks must be run-mill-bait hooks rather than the self-hooking type?

no i got those hooks that grab and hold on for 23 seconds but i must have had a defective one

3532012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:I also lost the tail on two big hammers. Apparently I get too excited when I get bit and can't wait to set the hook. I'm going to be out of commission for the next few weeks. Apparently I fish too much and have to help out with wedding preparations. BAH isn't that the lady's job?
congrads oh and make it simple get married on a tube i will attend lol

3542012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:16 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

It was great to see everyone there, and like was staited very good to add faces to the names. Thanks to everyone that came out to play, and a very special thanks to n2deepfsw for putting this together.
I am sorry it was such a tough day on the water but it looks like itchybass did very well. Once I get a chance I will check out the rest of the post. I hoep all had fun and stayed safe, and I am sorry that I could not stay and fish with you. I had to work that morning but so you know my class got chewed that morning because they messed up my fishing plans lol!
Looks like the next gathering will be in Perris just keep your eyes open, there should be more after that. Tight lines everyone.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3552012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:35 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Ed, you use treble or barb/barbless single hooks? Just letting go after 6 secs. Those hooks must be run-mill-bait hooks rather than the self-hooking type?

If you get short bit on a swim bait the hook is not even in play regardless of the design. But I know Ed and he is usually fishing a T-rig and Gamakatsu hooks or Hammer lead heads or the War Bait lead heads...all quality hooks and I know he sharpens his hooks too. SBB and SB's will short bite a plastic and hold on for a few and let go. Hook never in the mouth.

3562012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
If you get short bit on a swim bait the hook is not even in play regardless of the design. But I know Ed and he is usually fishing a T-rig and Gamakatsu hooks or Hammer lead heads or the War Bait lead heads...all quality hooks and I know he sharpens his hooks too. SBB and SB's will short bite a plastic and hold on for a few and let go. Hook never in the mouth.

I been thinking of using stinger hooks in the harbor but havn't found anything that I think won't affect the action of the plastics I use yet.

3572012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I know of a guy who trap rigs his big hammers...too much work in my opinion.

I hardly throw BH's anymore even though i rock a huge big hammer sticker on my truck lol. Now i mainly fish the T&C's and when t-rigged short bites are a thing of the past.

ALSO.....don't use the Hammer Head's made by BH....the hook is too small and the shank is short and that's the reason a lot of fish are missed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3582012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Self-hooking hooks ? Never heard of those. I wonder if they come with self-reeling reels. Get your self a self casting rod and you can stay home and don't even have to leave the house.

3592012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 pm

tubefish

tubefish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

MASSfisher wrote:I know of a guy who trap rigs his big hammers...too much work in my opinion.

I hardly throw BH's anymore even though i rock a huge big hammer sticker on my truck lol. Now i mainly fish the T&C's and when t-rigged short bites are a thing of the past.

ALSO.....don't use the Hammer Head's made by BH....the hook is too small and the shank is short and that's the reason a lot of fish are missed.

thanks for posting, very good to know. what type/brand of lead heads do you use?

http://www.austinlures.webs.com

3602012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

tubefish wrote:
MASSfisher wrote:I know of a guy who trap rigs his big hammers...too much work in my opinion.

thanks for posting, very good to know. what type/brand of lead heads do you use?

I trap rig some of my Hammers. It works really well if you want to put in the time. Action on the tail is sacrificed some. So I boil them.

I would have to agree on the short BH hooks. BUT if you are using a grub they do the trick pretty well. You can also shorten a BH and you end up with a smaller bait but you might be surprised and the fish that take it.

3612012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I usually use the "premium jig heads" that you find in the local tackle shops.....1/4oz is the way to go. The T&C Shad heads are really awesome though....just picked up a bunch of those and cant wait to use them....I was pretty upset last time when i ran out and just forgot to order more.

Also, I'm a big fan of sharpening my hooks...and using scent can be a good way to make those fish hang on for that extra milisecond.....and sometimes you need that extra milisecond for a good hookset.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3622012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:

Self-hooking hooks ? Never heard of those. I wonder if they come with self-reeling reels. Get your self a self casting rod and you can stay home and don't even have to leave the house.

lol! lol!

3632012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:

good one lol and i do have that set up but its in the back of the garage where i keep the excerise equipment lol

3642012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:

The story of my life lol

3652012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What is a self hooking hook?

3662012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hooks that hook reels that reel rod that cast lol it was a joke cause I got skunked lol

3672012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:01 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Maybe he was referring to a circle hook?

3682012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:Maybe he was referring to a circle hook?
nope we joke like that some times its all good theres a few more post about the hooks its pretty fun you should check it out lol

3692012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Unfortunately I had to miss the meet due to some last minute work problems. So who won? I read a few post and it seems like the skunk was out for a lot of people. So when is the next meet how about NPH?? I heard they don't have too many skunks down there.

3702012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:06 pm

LGHT wrote:Unfortunately I had to miss the meet due to some last minute work problems. So who won? I read a few post and it seems like the skunk was out for a lot of people. So when is the next meet how about NPH?? I heard they don't have too many skunks down there.

There's no fish in NPH this year. Maybe next they will be back

3712012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
There's no fish in NPH this year. Maybe next they will be back

Ohhh yeah that's right Cool

3722012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

new port has been mean to me lately thats why i am going to SD tomorrow

3732012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:49 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

do you guys ever fish in the naples

3742012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

aj7798 wrote:do you guys ever fish in the naples
if you mean naples at the lab...yep. no fish there.

3752012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 15 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Only lizard fish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum