FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free classes Bob Marriot's

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Free classes Bob Marriot's Empty Free classes Bob Marriot's Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Free classes being held at Bob Marriot's in Fullerton

Pat Jaeger Fishing the East Walker
at Bob Marriott's Flyfishing Store

Saturday, January 8th, 2011
10:00am to 3:00pm

Presentation will be held at 12:30pm

Fly tyers – Pat Jaeger, Cheryle Moore, Maria Rivas

Pat Jaeger is a licensed fly fishing guide specializing in the waters of the High Sierra & Northern California. Pat moved to Mammoth Lakes in 1978, where he fished and explored the Eastern Sierra extensively. In 1995 his passion turned into his profession, and his internship was served under the wings of partners from The Troutfly in Mammoth Lakes and The Clearwater House on Hat Creek. Pat’s objectives as a guide are to find out your visions, expectations and goals, also to find water that will give you the best opportunity to hook fish. Pat will try to simplify the essence of fly-fishing to the newest of fishermen and to challenge the most advanced of anglers and promise to provide trust, safety, good food and great memories to all of his guests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zino Nakasuji presents
Bonefishing Opportunities in Hawaii
at Bob Marriott's Flyfishing Store

Saturday, January 15th, 2011
10:00am to 3:00pm

Presentation will be held at 12:30pm

Fly Fishing for Oahu Bonefish - Zino will cover the most important aspects of fly fishing for large Oahu bonefish that are very wary due to the urban environment of Honolulu. Unlike other bonefish destinations, Oahu bones are a prized food source for the local community. Conventional, fly and net angling have pressured the fish to become highly sensitive to their surroundings while up on the inshore flats.

The average Oahu bonefish runs from 4 to 7 pounds. Zino usually doesn’t fish more than 4 hours each day and will usually have shots at fish in the 8 to 10 plus range on each trip (4 days of fishing). You don’t have 20 fish days on Oahu like other locations, but you have the chance at a bonefish of a life time and the satisfaction of landing some of the most difficult bonefish on the planet.

Zino Nakasuji started angling in the early ‘60’s with his family on the local piers and jetties for an assortment of saltwater fish, from white croaker to bonito.

Zino landed his first trout on an Adams with a combination spin/fly rod while backpacking on the John Muir Trail during a summer vacation from college, and still remembers that first golden hybrid trout like it happened yesterday. He still fishes with conventional tackle, but will always go with the long rod if the targeted fish will take a fly.

Ever since his friend, Peter Koga, showed him pictures of some stout Oahu bonefish in 2004, he has fly fished for them every time he and his wife visit Hawaii. Peter steered him to Oahu guide, Oliver Owens on that first foray into Oahu bone fishing. Guiding with Oliver has been a great learning experience that has eventually led Zino to fish Oahu on his own. He still fishes with Oliver and welcomes his expertise and extraordinary fish stalking abilities.

More to come...

Bob Marriott's Flyfishing Store
2700 W. Orangethorpe Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] • (800) 535-6633 •

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum