» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » FTFF Tackle Shop-Classifieds, Fishing Shows » Classifieds » seadoo aqua ranger seascooter

seadoo aqua ranger seascooter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:14 am

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
hey guys and gals, i just upgraded my dive scooter so i'm selling the old one. it's the aqua ranger from seadoo with charger and spare battery. i also have dock ropes that i used to tie onto my old float tube. it's dinged up from hitting docks and rocks but still works well.

depth rating at 30ft, battery life about an hour straight of run time. speed 2.5mph but i wouldn't expect that going against the current. it floats.

looking for to put a dent in the cost of my new scooter. i'm selling for 80.

2seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well I might be interested in getting it from you if you still have it in a couple weeks.

You looking for cash or maybe a trade?

3seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:37 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
i'm in no hurry to sell it. i haven't though about a trade yet, but if you have something you want to trade let me know.

4seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Yes I love my scooter I will probably bring it too the gathering so I can fight any current or wind

5seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:06 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes I love my scooter I will probably bring it too the gathering so I can fight any current or wind
Ed, Which model do you have?
I'm considering getting one of these
Maybe this one

6seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 am

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
a few recommendations on the scooter if you're looking for one. on a float tube you definitely want positive buoyancy. i think a floating scooter makes things a lot easier. also check out the weight, size, battery life, and speed. easy access to the controls is also a plus. if you plan on using it just for tubing, dont even bother worrying about depth rating unless you often get the urge to do some open water skin diving.

the aqua ranger is decent. it does feel a bit big to me. it's an overnight charge which bugs me a bit. profile is kind of big. weight wise it is about the same as some higher end scooters. the latches are solid but changing the battery is sometimes a pain--especially on the water. speed isn't great but it is decent as well. the place i bought it from said i could get 1.5 hrs out of it but i think 1hr on the tube is about the limit. definitely love the buoyancy.

not gonna lie, i like this scooter but it's definitely a lower end, entry level machine. it does the job. it's pretty cheap, even when new.

whatever you do, dont get the sea doo dolphin. it's barely acceptable as a toy

7seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:58 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Don't sure what model I have I have picture some where I will post it but if you search Seadoo you will find an old post all about this subject

8seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:50 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
huyeed,
Thank you for your honest answer
Ed got me interested after talking about his experience with his
What did you upgrade to?

Thanks Ed, I'll see if I can find the post.

9seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
i switched to the bladefish seajet 5000. much faster, 1 lb lighter, with a much smaller profile. also has a faster charge, higher depth rating. i chose to go with a more expensive one because i do a little bit of diving.

just find yourself a cheap one. you can keep it simple and find one that floats and can handle the salt. you'll love having a scooter on the tube. it'll save you a lot of trouble on the windy days or whenever you have to fight the current.

10seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
A cheap one like your aqua ranger or something else?

11seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
for float tubing, yeah. anything you can find that floats, can handle the salt, and is a good combo of size/speed/battery life for you.

12seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I had the chance to see Ed's scooter
I didn't see a model # on it, but I think he has this one and it works out for his usage on the tube.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13seadoo aqua ranger seascooter Empty Re: seadoo aqua ranger seascooter on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:53 pm

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
gti is definitely a nice one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum