The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» $5 buy in Jack Pot what are your thoughts
by Floatingbassturd Today at 6:44 pm

» How to post photos from a phone on the forum image host.
by Jerdon Today at 6:09 pm

» Looking for INPUT to build a special E-Zine Issue (Buyers Guide).
by kin Today at 11:09 am

» Tube jig rig
by HugeEuge57 Yesterday at 10:37 am

» This is a bad day on the water
by TobyB Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 pm

» Rod Action what works best from the tube.
by jeffcpr Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:43 pm

» Lake Gregory Sale
by jeffcpr Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:17 pm

» Bartlett lake AZ
by HugeEuge57 Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:45 pm

» Long Sleeve FTFF Shirts
by jadejou Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:05 am

» Fished LAB last night
by SP Dan Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:22 am

» Progressive Web App (PWA)
by jeffcpr Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:40 pm

» LAB Saturday 1/11/20
by ed5000x Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Share Your Photos & Videos » ODC Battle Tom Cat

ODC Battle Tom Cat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:23 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
That's what Ed called it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ed says he is scared to fish with me now... Sad

2ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Nick Danger

Nick Danger
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Well it certainly looks ready for war.

3ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
That is a tank those spotties don't stand a chance my friend, I cannot wait to see it person.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 pm

where is it, I cant see it. wait there it is, i didnt see under all that camo lol.
looks like your ready for sunday

5ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:38 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
If I was a Marine I would ask if I could get an "OOOOOO RAAAHHH!!!!" but since I'm just an over zealous fisherman I will just say "here fishy, fishy..."

6ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That is a tank those spotties don't stand a chance my friend, I cannot wait to see it person.

I agree with Jeff. That's a battle ready amphibious tank. F14, nah..you're missing the sun dome, the livebait wells on the right, and the cooler holder on the left that make the wing spans.

7ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Very nice Tom!!

8ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Needs a bait scent cannon for spraying pro cure or hot sauce into the harbor.

9ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:50 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Needs a bait scent cannon for spraying pro cure or hot sauce into the harbor.

Uh...

10ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Needs a bait scent cannon for spraying pro cure or hot sauce into the harbor.

Uh...

ya know like that move 13 Ghosts where they had the truck spraying blood all over the junk yard to bring the Juggernaut ghost in.

Except it will be you in the harbor spraying bait scent all over to bring the Juggerspottie in... the one they say took down a seal!

11ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Uh...

ya know like that move 13 Ghosts where they had the truck spraying blood all over the junk yard to bring the Juggernaut ghost in.

Except it will be you in the harbor spraying bait scent all over to bring the Juggerspottie in... the one they say took down a seal!

Juggerspottie...I like that. I really like that. I'm on the hunt for the Juggerspottie! ODC Battle Tom Cat 758658

12ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:30 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Juggerspottie that is one hell of a huge spottie to take down a seal. Twisted Evil You go get um Wax show them whos boss.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

13ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:33 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Juggerspottie that is one hell of a huge spottie to take down a seal. Twisted Evil You go get um Wax show them whos boss.

4 or 6 # test? Can I use my BP micro lite 4'6" rod? Pistol grip?

I'll catch 'em but I need to borrow someones live well.

14ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
there he goes again trying to borrow stuff lol j/k i could not pass it up bro but that battle cat look great and the cones came out good

15ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
What power source are you using? I assume the batteries for the fish finder. May I suggest an extra red light for baiting in low light. I had a red deck led light on my yak, it worked great.

16ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What power source are you using? I assume the batteries for the fish finder. May I suggest an extra red light for baiting in low light. I had a red deck led light on my yak, it worked great.

Well, I was using my Lowrance Mark1V and an external battery pack with 8 AA from Radio Shack. But as of today I am using a Fishin Buddy and it takes 4 AA built in. The Lowrance will go on my boat now. The Fishing Buddy will double on my canoe now too.

Other power? 5 Hour Energy and (depending on my launch time he he) and legs like tree trunks.

My rear red light is so my pals can see me. No other reason. I use a head lamp the rest of the time for light. I like your low light idea though. I am not much of one for
lights much to the contrary of popular opinion. I prefer to not be seen. pirat

17ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I'll never forget the first time I used lights. I was at Corona Lake for the summer fishing. I've NEVER been more miserable.... If I could have counted as fast as I got swarmed by mosquitoes I'd have got to 2.2 million.

18ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:43 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Mr. Waxon,
That cat is awesome!!! Question on that kick-ass camera mount of yours..

I made some good progress tonight on my tube, the Fish Ninja. Thumbs Up

Mine is a similar design to your, that I'm basing on this exhaustive DIY write-up:

That bending arm, is a tripod mount, right? I've been looking for that exact thing.. a SINGLE bendy arm going to a straight arm, that I can snug into an open spot on my 1/2" PVC frame. Pull it out if I want to use it to shoot some underwater footage. I can only find the 3-legged Joby Gorilla Pod tripod that wraps around things with the 3 molding grippy legs. I'm sure it's super easy, I'm just not using the correct (incredibly simple) search terms. Can you point me in the right direction??

Ok.. thanks. For some reason, your frame looks thicker. Is it 1/2" PVC?

Hope to sail into battle soon with ya.. -Jay Cool

19ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
@Docrunner,

Actually the camera mount was created by Ed5000x. I believe it is a dispenser spout for a solvent tank. He has the exact same thing. It works really well. My rack system consists of 1", 11/2" and some 2" fittings. Its always changing though. Something I should mention when adding this stuff to your rig is that you are adding weight. Its great to have all the goodies on board when your on the water. However, it can be a burden when getting to the launch point. IN2DEEP has come up with a rolling rack system for his tube and I am working on same. But you won't know until you get yours put together and run it a couple of times. Just thought I would mention it.

Oh and this is not a Fish Cat. It's a ODC 420 with Fish Cat bladders modded in. The bladders in an Out Cast or Out Door Accessories (Cumberland, Togiak, Kennebec) are much better quality and workmanship than in the Creek Company products. I hate to say it but its true.

20ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Waxon,
Thanks.. I'll ask Ed5000x about the bending camera arm. I'd like to be able to get the camera off my head. Yeah, I'm hoping to keep the weight down with the 1/2" PVC instead of 1", but most of the fittings are larger. The write up uses 1/2" for the frame, but the rod holders are kind of fixed. I'm tinkering with an idea for adjustable rod holders. We'll see how that pans out. That write up is for the Outcast FC4 Deluxe. I'll post up pics and my modifications, and new measurements geared towards the Cumberland float.

Stupid question.. but these wrap around frames like ours, do they ride down in the water? And, are they sealed off? In other words, does water enter the tubing of the frame? Like at the rod holder intersections? I don't think it matters.. but I wondered if it were sealed off, or even sectioned off, the air-filled bottom rail tubing would provide some added buoyancy? (at close to 250lbs, I'll take all the help I can get!)

I also was thinking last night about IN2DEEP's wheeled transport. I have extra PVC, and might try to rig up something quick & cheap, like a simple 1-wheel A-frame. I need to find a cheap, fat wheel that would be good in the sand. Cheap build, in case someone steals it. Maybe I could chain it to something near the launch point. We'll see...

I love tinkering with this stuff!! Thx.
-Jay

21ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Here's some flexable camera mounts.

22ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Here's some flexable camera mounts.

[url=http://www.nextag.com/flexible-camera-mounts/stores-html
exatcly what i was looking for! thanx hammer!

23ODC Battle Tom Cat Empty Re: ODC Battle Tom Cat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Mine does to a degree. But if your worried about your rods in the water that doesn't happen to me and you can always make your rod tubes taller. 1/2" is just too small for me on this stuff. Not able to with stand the various tweaks and torques that occur. I do not glue mine as rather than have to start over I just pull apart and mod as I need to. Its always changing. As far as buoyancy is concerned...well I am not. If your tube doesn't hold you up and your gear, forget about the small percentage the sealed tubes might add. For me the approach is make individual items on board buoyant or retrievable. The tube takes care of itself.

I am taking the one wheel approach to my tube set up as well. I have found golf cart wheels are usually plastic, light weight and move over sand very well. Inflatable is cool but I don't want to think about another thing to fill with air. Solid rubber is heavy. I want a wheel that can just stay attached all the time, go in the water and just get me there. Also, one wheel is terrain friendly. Two wheels is great but some of the places I go it would hinder me. One wheel can skate past obstacles at the height of travel and in between two adjacent obstructions I might want to pass between (this can happen a lot). My idea consists of the wheel at the tip of the tube rather at each end of each pontoon. You hold each pontoon with each hand and you have more of a wheel barrel geometry than a cart style. If that makes any sense? Hee hee there is no right or wrong in this stuff. Just what ever" floats your boa"t as they say. But this is a theory at this point in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum