FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The flyfishing show dates

+2
37jb1973
jeffcpr
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:01 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

flyfishingfool wrote:
Dano67 wrote:Should be a great show. See you there. I PM you my number

cool. I'll give you a call you when I get to the show.

I called Dan but he never answered his phone.

The show was a little small. Not too many vendors showed and only a handful of vendors were actually selling stuff.

I did get to sit in on a seminar about fishing the eastern sierras which was cool. Too bad I didn't have a notepad to take notes. Embarassed

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:Damn sorry for that at least you were out right.

Ya you are right. It was cool to see some of the tackle and things. I am home not and the power here in my area has been out since 10:40pm yesterday. SCE site stated it would be back on as of 3:00pm today. I just checked and they don't even have crews working on this part of the outage yet! Wtfrick!?? I have a 4G wireless card and my lap top. Had to fire up the generator to run the fridge and my aquarium pumps. Sheesh. It's freee..eeeeeeezing in my house to.

Jay in southbay called me and said something about the power going out in your area.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

27The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sorry to hear you are cold & in the dark.
gosh i love my wood stove!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

28The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:30 pm

flyfishingfool wrote:
flyfishingfool wrote:

The show was a little small. Not too many vendors showed and only a handful of vendors were actually selling stuff.

I did get to sit in on a seminar about fishing the eastern sierras which was cool. Too bad I didn't have a notepad to take notes. Embarassed

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Ya you are right. It was cool to see some of the tackle and things. I am home not and the power here in my area has been out since 10:40pm yesterday. SCE site stated it would be back on as of 3:00pm today. I just checked and they don't even have crews working on this part of the outage yet! Wtfrick!?? I have a 4G wireless card and my lap top. Had to fire up the generator to run the fridge and my aquarium pumps. Sheesh. It's freee..eeeeeeezing in my house to.

Jay in southbay called me and said something about the power going out in your area.

Ya, I told Jay I was going to the fishing show for a couple hours then be home when the power comes back on at 3pm. I should have just went and fished with him for a bit lol. The power came back on here about 6pm. Thank goodness Smile

29The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 pm

smith's handpoured baits wrote:sorry to hear you are cold & in the dark.
gosh i love my wood stove!

Wood stoves are awesome!

30The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

a couple yrs. ago we had 7 power poles blow down, just up the road from us!
we were 11 days with no power.
summer time at lake isabella!
luckily we didn't get 100+ temps.

31The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 pm

smith's handpoured baits wrote:a couple yrs. ago we had 7 power poles blow down, just up the road from us!
we were 11 days with no power.
summer time at lake isabella!
luckily we didn't get 100+ temps.

I love Lake Isabella. I went there in High School for a Church retreat and we did some fishing in an area by I think the boat docks. Fished Crappie Jigs and had like 50 Crappie in an hour or so. All C and R. We then float tubed and did real well on the bass. I just remember the area we tubed, I could see huge rocks and boulders beneath me. It was awesome. Caught a few bass to 2 pounds. I miss that Lake!

32The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It's still here!
well some of it.the crappie didn't do so good this past year. but i sure hope they are better this year!

33The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Making camping reservation for labor day weeken Go there every year stay at tillie creek camp site up a lil past isabella close to kern river

34The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:37 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

we try to hibernate on the BIG week ends! ZZZZZZZ
those flatlanders get a little crazy! clown
( i need to learn to spell)

35The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:43 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

man a few years ago my buddy broke his leg and i took his to the hospital in town and there was a guy there who got beaten and push down the side of a cliff it was scarey i had second thought of going back but thank god thats the only voilence in seen up there

36The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

people tend to think "i'm on vacation! What rules"
it's all about them & their fun. they can be pretty rough & rude sometimes.
think us locals are a bunch of yolkes
heck we gots a Mc.D's & everything!!!

37The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i keep to my self and just try to keep peace cause being a way from home so far with wife and 5 kids i really dont need to be borthered with i just want to have fun

38The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

we try to fish most sundays
well I don't do cold weather fishing, but hubby loves it
last july 4th we launched at dark thirty,
caught about 20 -25 bass,
home by 9:30. bfore the jet boats and jet skis even woke up.

39The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:00 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice
well i am new to this float tube stuff i just got into it
tonite was the first time in it at the pool just to see if it would even hold me and my stuff
i dont know about my tube but waxons tube is a lot better feeling than mine
so my new one should be there on the 25th lol i hope

40The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:04 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

tell ya a secret..
i've never been in one. Embarassed
but it looks like it could be fun.

41The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well i am a lil freaked out about my lower half just hanging in the water
i am glad i got to try it in the pool befor i go out in it for the first time in the lake or ocen scratch

42The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Shocked WHAT WAS THAT?
affraid WHAT'S DOWN THERE?
Crying or Very sad I WANNA GO HOME!!
i can see myself now!!
lol! lol! lol!

43The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Shocked

44The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

me , i'm a scardy cat!
you will be just fine!
largemouth bass don't bite THAT hard!

45The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

we'll see

46The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:Making camping reservation for labor day weeken Go there every year stay at tillie creek camp site up a lil past isabella close to kern river
we lived in that campground for 3 wks.yrs. ago
just back in state had no place to go. barrowed a travel trailer.
but got a place pretty darn quick!
me, hubby 2 kids (oldest 4) and 2 labs, all in a 12 ft. trailer.
GOOD TIMES!

47The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 am

ed5000x wrote:Well i am a lil freaked out about my lower half just hanging in the water
i am glad i got to try it in the pool befor i go out in it for the first time in the lake or ocen scratch

Haha! I have floated with my lower half in the ocean! Like away from the surf line! Then again, I am a surfer and look like a seal floating there on my board.

48The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Dano67

Dano67

flyfishingfool wrote:
flyfishingfool wrote:

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Sorry guys about the phone thing. Went to the show for about an hour, felt like crap and came home. I was in bed by 12. Did ge a couple of good deals on eyes for flies but other than that the show was puny and boring. Dont think I will be going to that show again. On the upside, I am looking forward to Saturday Smile

49The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Well i am a lil freaked out about my lower half just hanging in the water

Haha! I have floated with my lower half in the ocean! Like away from the surf line! Then again, I am a surfer and look like a seal floating there on my board.

Only difference from when we surf is that those feet dont have flippers on them and you dont have a bait smell about you Smile

50The flyfishing show dates - Page 2 Empty Re: The flyfishing show dates Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Dano67 wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

Only difference from when we surf is that those feet dont have flippers on them and you dont have a bait smell about you Smile

Haha when we go tube the salt, I'm going to rub Eau D' Seal on the bottom of your tube!! green happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum