FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!!

+13
Vagabond
Dano67
sonarbp
IN2DEEP
Aquaholic38
aj7798
CPT Kirk
itchybass
n2deepfsw
waxon67
ed5000x
HEADCASE881
jeffcpr
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i knew it lol

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice tube!

28Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:13 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

1. headcase881
2. waxon67
9. ed5000x (is my favorite number lol)
3. N2deepfsw
4. miller
5. CPT Kirk ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
6. aj7798
7. Aquaholic38
8. IN2DEEP
9. sonarbp
10. Dano67 (there you go bro)
11. Vagabond
12. LGHT
13. Kelster

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Kelster is in with luck number 13. Thumbs Up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have a few questions:

1- We need to have a card w/the code written on it in the picture of the fish?

2- We will be posting the pictures online and not mailing a print in?

3- Do the fish have to be caught from a float tube or pontoon?

4- Will all the different species of rockfish and SW bass count as different fish?

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have a few questions:

1- We need to have a card w/the code written on it in the picture of the fish? Yes and I will give the code to you the morning of the 3rd, you will print it out or write it on the card

2- We will be posting the pictures online and not mailing a print in? Yes post the pictures and there will be a section on the forum to post your pictures. I will designate that area also on the 3rd.

3- Do the fish have to be caught from a float tube or pontoon? You can catch your fish anyway possible, not just from a float tube.

4- Will all the different species of rockfish and SW bass count as different fish? At this time a Bass is a Bass and Bluegill is a Bluegill and a Trout is a trout. But please think about this a little more and I will get back to you with a better answer. I am starting to think species maybe a good way to go. I just don't want to get people upset that they should have had an extra ticket because I had 2 different bluegill and I only counted 1. So I will have a better answer before we start

Thanks for you questions.

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

half the time my pictures won't go in. I'm going to have trouble getting it in there.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

aj7798 wrote:half the time my pictures won't go in. I'm going to have trouble getting it in there.

Watch your post buddy Evil or Very Mad , if you are having trouble posting pictures you can e-mail them to me and I will post them for you. But later tomorrow I will send you instructions on how to post pictures.

Couple of things I may add Jeff.
1. It's going to be a little hard for us to kept a piece of paper with the code dry on the float when trying to take a picture of it. We should try and come up with another option on this
2. I don't think boat catches should count as this is mostly tubers and few tooners and couple of shore walkers. Boaters have a higher % of catching more fish and different types of in one outting.
3. I do think all SW Bass should be able to be entered. Yes they are all bass but they are different in there own way. Sorry but a bluegill is just that, bluegill.
4. All fish should be of legal size.

These are just afew ideas

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Couple of things I may add Jeff.
1. It's going to be a little hard for us to kept a piece of paper with the code dry on the float when trying to take a picture of it. We should try and come up with another option on this Maybe it does not need to be a peace of paper you could use a stick like a paint steer stick as long as the code is in the picture at the time of the catch.

2. I don't think boat catches should count as this is mostly tubers and few tooners and couple of shore walkers. Boaters have a higher % of catching more fish and different types of in one outting. I can see this as an issue let me think about it some more you have a point.

3. I do think all SW Bass should be able to be entered. Yes they are all bass but they are different in there own way. Sorry but a bluegill is just that, bluegill. I think as long as you can see the different in the fish like the Saltwater bass they will count the bluegill is the issue in my eyes.

4. All fish should be of legal size. I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to get the max number of tickets in the drawling. So lets just keep it all fish caught legal or other wise. But that being said please don't post a dink and think you are going to get away with it I might have to call you on it.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Couple of things I may add Jeff.
1. It's going to be a little hard for us to kept a piece of paper with the code dry on the float when trying to take a picture of it. We should try and come up with another option on this Maybe it does not need to be a peace of paper you could use a stick like a paint steer stick as long as the code is in the picture at the time of the catch.

2. I don't think boat catches should count as this is mostly tubers and few tooners and couple of shore walkers. Boaters have a higher % of catching more fish and different types of in one outting. I can see this as an issue let me think about it some more you have a point.

3. I do think all SW Bass should be able to be entered. Yes they are all bass but they are different in there own way. Sorry but a bluegill is just that, bluegill. I think as long as you can see the different in the fish like the Saltwater bass they will count the bluegill is the issue in my eyes.

4. All fish should be of legal size. I just want to make sure everyone has a chance to get the max number of tickets in the drawling. So lets just keep it all fish caught legal or other wise. But that being said please don't post a dink and think you are going to get away with it I might have to call you on it.

These are some good points. Maybe write the code on a paint stick with a black crayon?

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:

I don't think boat catches should count as this is mostly tubers and few tooners and couple of shore walkers. Boaters have a higher % of catching more fish and different types of in one outting. I can see this as an issue let me think about it some more you have a point.

I don't agree on this point! Yes the guys that fish from a boat can cover more water that someone in a tube or toon...but I have done it and have seen guys in tubes out fish guys in boats....ALOT!! Thumbs Up

I think what you should do about this is make it a tube/toon only contest. Thumbs Up

sonarbp wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:

I don't think boat catches should count as this is mostly tubers and few tooners and couple of shore walkers. Boaters have a higher % of catching more fish and different types of in one outting. I can see this as an issue let me think about it some more you have a point.

I don't agree on this point! Yes the guys that fish from a boat can cover more water that someone in a tube or toon...but I have done it and have seen guys in tubes out fish guys in boats....ALOT!! Thumbs Up

I think what you should do about this is make it a tube/toon only contest. Thumbs Up

Fresh water maybe, in the salt never. If this is case then I'll take the boat out and wrap the whole contest up all in one weekend and won't have to fish the rest of the month.

Shore, tube and toon contest only IMO

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Fresh water maybe, in the salt never.

Miller...never say never! 95% of my fishing is saltwater and I have many times, out fished guys that were fishing from a boat, from my tube.

I have put alot of time on the water fishing from my tube. Remember that you can tube outside the harbors and bays as well... Thumbs Up

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

That's a nice tube. Thanks to cover bonanza for the donation. Now all I need to do is get about 50 more posts in 4 days.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Good luck itchybass you can do it. As for the boats out fishing tubes, I agree you never know who is going to do better.
However it is a float tube fishing forum, so maybe we should keep it to shore, tube and toon fishing only.
Guys please dont forget you can catch all the fish you wont and I encourage this but you can only recieve 6 raffle tickets. And the winner will be random through a drawling. So even if you are in a boat you may reach the goal faster but your chances of winning are no better on the day of the drawling.

I will post a list of offical rules covering these last few ponts later this week before we start. The list of rules will be final, and I will consider all that was brought up thanks.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:That's a nice tube. Thanks to cover bonanza for the donation. Now all I need to do is get about 50 more posts in 4 days.

Get to work son...YOU CAN DO IT! Thumbs Up

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey Guys just putting this out there, yes it says 5x7 card or peice of paper. But you just need to have something that can have the code printed on it in the pictures to show you caught the fish during the contest.
I ran a tournament once were I handed out a pre-cut stick of 13" to measure your catch and at the start of the day I wrote everyones sign on there stick.
So this is something you can do, make it work for you. But make sure that the code is seen in the picture if it is not there or not visiable then your catch will not count.

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
Fresh water maybe, in the salt never. If this is case then I'll take the boat out and wrap the whole contest up all in one weekend and won't have to fish the rest of the month.

Shore, tube and toon contest only IMO

x2

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

If it was an actual contest i would agree about the no boats. Catching six species from any type of vessel/shore is pretty easy so who cares if boats are allowed. One day at the LAB with some fish crack and bam you have your six species.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya it is really about landing 6 fish of different species, not how fast you get them. The fish aquate to raffle tickets, that will be drawn later. But I can see some of what everyone else saying.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:
miller wrote:Fresh water maybe, in the salt never.

Miller...never say never! 95% of my fishing is saltwater and I have many times, out fished guys that were fishing from a boat, from my tube.

I have put alot of time on the water fishing from my tube. Remember that you can tube outside the harbors and bays as well... Thumbs Up

I think boats should be included.....

48Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:10 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:If it was an actual contest i would agree about the no boats. Catching six species from any type of vessel/shore is pretty easy so who cares if boats are allowed. One day at the LAB with some fish crack and bam you have your six species.

LOL...so true! Thumbs Up But do lizard fish count? LOL Razz

49Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yep Lizard fish count as sad as that might be. But only once and I imagine this will be one of the last fish posted if at all.
Guys lets take some pride in our fishing post up the real catch. Cool

50Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Cover Bonanza Float Tube Give Away!!!!! Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Pride? I'm going for trash fish only. Going to get a lizard, smelt, mackerel, YFC, tom cod, and I'll finish it off with a city park goldfish aka carp.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum