FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:07 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Do Force Fins work well with boot foot waders?
The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to get a pair of breathable boot foot chest waders to use for surf fishing and was wondering if they also work good on a tube.
I don't have force fins yet, but may someday seeing how many seem to end up with them eventually.
I currently use stocking foot waders and hot spot fins and am satisfied with the combo but just thinking about future uses for the boot foot waders.

These are the ones I'm looking to possibly get
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I use force fins with my boots all the time and they work fine

3Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have also and they do seem to work fine but to me it seemed that the boots take some of the flex out of the force fins and they loose a little power. I prefer to use hot spots or the caddis plastic fins with my boot foot waders and force fins with my stocking foot.

4Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:31 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Well I use force fins with my boots all the time and they work fine
Ed, your waders are boot footed and not stocking feet with wading boots over them?

5Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:35 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:I have also and they do seem to work fine but to me it seemed that the boots take some of the flex out of the force fins and they loose a little power. I prefer to use hot spots or the caddis plastic fins with my boot foot waders and force fins with my stocking foot.
You're able to fit a boot into the Hot Spots?
What size Hot Spots are you using?
I prefer not to having to use the Caddis fins if possible
Thanks guys!

6Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:13 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Well I use force fins with my boots all the time and they work fine
Ed, your waders are boot footed and not stocking feet with wading boots over them?
I have both and the one that has the boot build on the wader work just fine I kick just as good as the slip on boots

7Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:27 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Ed! Thumbs Up

8Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
You're able to fit a boot into the Hot Spots?
What size Hot Spots are you using?
I prefer not to having to use the Caddis fins if possible
Thanks guys!

I'll have to see what size they are, I got them from a guy I met at a yard sale that was a distributor and just gave me a pair. I never looked at the size just told him what kind of waders I use, boot foot and stocking foot with neoprene shoes.

9Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 pm

socaltexan

socaltexan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I would suggest stocking foot waders with neoprene dive boots over them. They work great in both situations.

10Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:11 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

socaltexan wrote:I would suggest stocking foot waders with neoprene dive boots over them. They work great in both situations.
Thanks, but I already have stocking foot chest waders and they do work great for the tube but not so much for surf fishing and the sand that gets into the wading boots. No

I actually ordered a cheap pair of boot waders from cabelas but plan to return them for a better pair. Not too happy with having to put them on with the sticky feeling inside liner (rubber coated) and sweating to the point that I thought they were leaking No

Just trying to find out if boot footed waders are any good for tubing before investing

11Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:54 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

good luck

12Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I also prefer stocking foot waders with dive/snorkel fins. They offer more power to go Fast... Very Happy

13Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Empty Re: Boot Foot Waders and Force Fins Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
Thanks, but I already have stocking foot chest waders and they do work great for the tube but not so much for surf fishing and the sand that gets into the wading boots. No

I actually ordered a cheap pair of boot waders from cabelas but plan to return them for a better pair. Not too happy with having to put them on with the sticky feeling inside liner (rubber coated) and sweating to the point that I thought they were leaking No

Just trying to find out if boot footed waders are any good for tubing before investing

The only time I really use boot foot waders for tubing was in the Sierras since you sometimes have to do alot of walking to the water or you encounter alot of brush or sticks on land and in the water so I picked up a heavier pair of hunting waders to take the abuse.

But if you are going to use them for surf fishing also I would get a pair of waders just for surf fishing because walking in that sand and rocks depending where you go can take it's toll on a pair of waders. Also while surf fishing I have enountered alot of places where tar is an issue on shore and a little bit of that can ruin a god set of waders for tubing.

Hit me up if you want to surf fish I got tons of cranks for halibut and corbina and a dedicated pair of waders for it Smile .

And try this place for waders, I have bought 2 pairs from them and so far so good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum