Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!!

Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:51 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have a pair (the adjustable pair with Neoprene uppers and heel) . I swore by them seriously, but three years ago I bought Omega fins...have not touched the FF since.

Selling the FF? by any chance?

27Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I get that for tubes. Only problem with the FF is the bigger the foot, the smaller the blade. I have a pontoon/tube so I like the flip up fins so I can stand up.

28Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have a pair (the adjustable pair with Neoprene uppers and heel) . I swore by them seriously, but three years ago I bought Omega fins...have not touched the FF since.

What are the Omega fins? Why are you asking us about the FFs? I should be asking you about the FF!? lol!

I wish I had known you had a pair you weren't using... I just got the FFs... I surf fish the LAB, and those crew boats, kayaks, fishing boats, etc.. are crazy traffic! I need every possible propulsion advantage to make sure I can get out of the way as fast as possible. That was my reasoning, and all the good reviews. Yeah, but I know they are a rip-off. I missed out on 2 ebay auctions on FFs. (damn snipers! Mad )

If you aren't using them, you should throw them up on ebay. You'll probably get close to $100 (or more) for them.

29Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Selling the FF? by any chance?

I bought them for $100. new and see four years later they are $199.!!! Just can't bring myself to part with them. Very Happy Save them for clients I guess...LOL

30Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:56 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I get that for tubes. Only problem with the FF is the bigger the foot, the smaller the blade. I have a pontoon/tube so I like the flip up fins so I can stand up.

I've seen those they are pretty cool. Pricey in their own respects.

31Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I get that for tubes. Only problem with the FF is the bigger the foot, the smaller the blade. I have a pontoon/tube so I like the flip up fins so I can stand up.

Omega ran a sale awhile back buy one get one free, so, my brother and I went for it. $80. each.

32Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Omega ran a sale awhile back buy one get one free, so, my brother and I went for it. $80. each.

NOICE!!!

33Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

NOICE!!!

Wow! Very nice!!

34Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Force fins are really nice but I can't see spending all that money for them unless you get a killer deal. I just use scuba fins.

I had a pair...never used them sold them to Ed for a steal!!!

I just use the dive fins I got for cheap...works for me Thumbs Up

35Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Force fins are really nice but I can't see spending all that money for them unless you get a killer deal. I just use scuba fins.

I had a pair...never used them sold them to Ed for a steal!!!

I just use the dive fins I got for cheap...works for me Thumbs Up

There really is a difference. FF are great for hunkering down and digging away on rough water, and I swore by them. In fact you can walk forward in them...LOL
But then I tried the scuba style. At first I hated them cause I was trying o dig water like with the FF. But then I realized to relax. You don't need to make big movements. In fact, you can slightly lean back and flutter your feet like a swimmer and move on the up and down strokes.
Like I said, I will never get rid of my FF, this is just food for thought.

36Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:34 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Congrats Doc,
I too have a Cumberland. I have been waiting to do my first trip but between the rain and having to do overtime on some of the weekends I haven't had a chance. I am looking forward to April and I will have five vacation days. I took Fridays and Mondays and the weather should be nice. The only thing I would suggest would be an aluminum whistle from harbor freight tools for a $1.00. It is good to have incase a boater is not paying attention.

37Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Congrats Doc,
I too have a Cumberland. I have been waiting to do my first trip but between the rain and having to do overtime on some of the weekends I haven't had a chance. I am looking forward to April and I will have five vacation days. I took Fridays and Mondays and the weather should be nice. The only thing I would suggest would be an aluminum whistle from harbor freight tools for a $1.00. It is good to have incase a boater is not paying attention.

Thanks Phil.. yeah, I'm ALL ABOUT SAFETY. I got this super rescue whistle that is ear-piercing, and a small waterproof air horn. I'm going to be at LAB a lot, and it gets narrow in spots and the boat, crew boats, kayaks, SUP traffic can be crazy at times! I know people on this forum have had a few close calls out there! Even at night, there is a fair amount of party boat traffic.

SO... what else to do on a rainy Saturday?????

I just got home from Home Depot where I spent about $80 on PVC, a cutter, primer, glue, and some stainless steel hardware for my float tube!!

This is what I see when I walk in... Red Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Whooo hooo!!!! Cool

38Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Nice!!! Hit me up for LAB anytime!!!!

39Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Cute kids= a nice pic.. Very Happy

40Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Well Doc,
running around and doing errands in the rain, doing chores around the house during the day. Resizing photos and posting in the tackle review on this forum, see super plastics threads. Sunday around the corner, and Monday I will be 53 years old and back to work. You have two beautiful girls. You are truly blessed.

41Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulled the trigger! Now what? HELP!! on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:45 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cute kids Doc!
Looks like they're kicking too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum