FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:54 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks like the weather ruined every bodys fishing plans, so I was thinking in visiting Bass pro shop, is almost like fishing!!! besides I only been there once for 20 mint. to pick up my Kayak, I didnt get to look around. I might get a new tube. Any body else going? may be we can carpool?

2Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice buddy!!

3Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ha.. tempting! My mother-in-law lives right next to there!
Bass Pro Shop is like disneyland, or a spa, for men! bounce

But, I'd be tempted to spend lots of $$$ on stuff I don't need, like waders..
Because I'm sick of looking at my brand new float tube, while I wait 3 weeks
for my fins, PFD, and backordered waders to arrive! Mad

I think I'm going to hit Home Depot, and start tinkering with a frame/rod
holder for the float tube.

Enjoy!!

4Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:ha.. tempting! My mother-in-law lives right next to there!
Bass Pro Shop is like disneyland, or a spa, for men! bounce

But, I'd be tempted to spend lots of $$$ on stuff I don't need, like waders..
Because I'm sick of looking at my brand new float tube, while I wait 3 weeks
for my fins, PFD, and backordered waders to arrive! Mad

I think I'm going to hit Home Depot, and start tinkering with a frame/rod
holder for the float tube.

Enjoy!!

We need to get you in the water.

5Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 am

eddie, if you go check out the live wells there for your yak. they sell them there as well.

6Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:24 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:eddie, if you go check out the live wells there for your yak. they sell them there as well.
Will do! although i bought at walmart a colappsable wire basket, $5 bucks. that might do it.

7Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:56 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
miller wrote:eddie, if you go check out the live wells there for your yak. they sell them there as well.
Will do! although i bought at walmart a colappsable wire basket, $5 bucks. that might do it.

I think that wire basket idea will work!

Check out this post over on SCSF...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and the video..

pretty cool live well design. Looks pretty simple. Cool

8Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

very good idea!

9Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Don't use those wire baskets. You will kill the bass and thats a BIG NO NO. Wire baskets will remove the slim coating.

Dude, your fishing from a kayak, you don't need the type of live well as if your fishing from a tube. I told you the other day how to build one, $60 to build it

10Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Don't use those wire baskets. You will kill the bass and thats a BIG NO NO. Wire baskets will remove the slim coating.

Dude, your fishing from a kayak, you don't need the type of live well as if your fishing from a tube. I told you the other day how to build one, $60 to build it

Excellent point Miller. Only soft rubber netting should be used, if you need to use that type. Also I might mention that the same goes for LMB, even laying them on the ground, or a dock will remove their slim coat. Best to wet your hands before even lipping them, otherwise they become prone to disease, that could possibly kill them. BTW, this was proven by a well known marine biologist.

11Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:54 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
miller wrote:Don't use those wire baskets. You will kill the bass and thats a BIG NO NO. Wire baskets will remove the slim coating.

Excellent point Miller. Only soft rubber netting should be used, if you need to use that type. Also I might mention that the same goes for LMB, even laying them on the ground, or a dock will remove their slim coat. Best to wet your hands before even lipping them, otherwise they become prone to disease, that could possibly kill them. BTW, this was proven by a well known marine biologist.

A big 10-4 on all of the above. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

A big 10-4 on all of the above. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ok so, a plastic shopping basket with foam as floaters. like the video!

13Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Aquaholic38 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

fishing from a kayak, this is all you need. very simple and easy to make as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[quote="miller"]
Aquaholic38 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

fishing from a kayak, this is all you need. very simple and easy to make as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
this site is so awesome! thanx miller, i need to accesorized my yak! hey i got the belge pump and bucket, all i need is the timed switch. i dont think they sell it separetly. any ideas?
never mind, they do sell the timer by itself! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you use a gal container for a live well, what happens if you catch a 20" fish..?

16Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:58 pm

I am not sure what type of kayak you have eddie but you can use anything you want that holds water. you can even use a ice chest as well. Thats just a starting point on what I posted.

Hammer dose bring up a good point. its going to be hard to stuff a 20" fish into a 5gal bucket and add 2 more fish.
I would look into a small ice chest and plumb that up.

17Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:If you use a gal container for a live well, what happens if you catch a 20" fish..?
I`m thinking a 5 gall bucket. my yak has a squere long space on the back. If i could find a squere long bucket instead of a tall bckt. would be perfect.

18Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:I am not sure what type of kayak you have eddie but you can use anything you want that holds water. you can even use a ice chest as well. Thats just a starting point on what I posted.

Hammer dose bring up a good point. its going to be hard to stuff a 20" fish into a 5gal bucket and add 2 more fish.
I would look into a small ice chest and plumb that up.
good idea! im on it!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If possible, a live well that's 24"X24" would be fine for bay bass, remember they need Oxygen to stay alive, to small of a space could hinder that.

20Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Empty Re: Bass pro shop vist 3/17/12 Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:05 pm

check a 20qt ice chest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum