FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in An idea worth looking into
( 2 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 important things

+2
MASSfisher
bodfish
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

15 important things Empty 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:49 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
here's a question that I have been posing to many of my sportsman friends,...

What are in your opinion the most important things we need to do here in California to improve sportfishing?

I have tried to keep the responses to five as it seems to be a not too accessive number.

bodfish

25 important things Empty Re: 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:15 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Spread the word about catch and release.....people NEED to know the truth about how we are depleting our resources at an alarming rate. It's cool to keep fish for dinner...im not against it at all....but fishing for the sport is more satisfying in my opinion than fishing for dinner. More fish released= more fish in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

35 important things Empty Re: 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:08 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am with MASSfisher C&R your fish and do it the right way, and a second point to push, keep our water clean. It is a good practice to pick up some trash each time you are out there. Maybe I cannot fix it by myself but if I do it each time I go out and you do it each time you go out and so on and so on we can make a difference. Maybe not the best answer to your question but I just woke up let me think some more and I will try to come up with a few more.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

45 important things Empty Re: 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:I am with MASSfisher C&R your fish and do it the right way, and a second point to push, keep our water clean. It is a good practice to pick up some trash each time you are out there. Maybe I cannot fix it by myself but if I do it each time I go out and you do it each time you go out and so on and so on we can make a difference. Maybe not the best answer to your question but I just woke up let me think some more and I will try to come up with a few more.

Recently, I was surf fishing, and saw a family was out there fishing with 8 long rods. I saw him pull in a small batray, and put it in a cooler. My son asked why they are keeping that baby batray. What could I say? I'm not opposed to people eating what they catch, but I would like to see more C&R. Also, my son knows that we pick up at least a few pieces of trash around our area before we head back. My bro is super-liberal, and used to ask why we fish, and how he wasn't crazy about the idea of yanking a living animal out of it's home environment with sharp hook in the lips. He went with us once, and saw my son catch a perch, and how carefully he treated the fish, and released it. And my bro helped us pick up some trash around the area.. he doesn't mention much about how "bad" fishing is anymore.

What else?
Ok.. less touchy-feeley... I'd like more & harsher DFG enforcement. Especially people who are unlicensed, and the so-called "bucketeers". I don't mean to be a prick to a man trying to feed his family.. but get a license and don't take illegal/undersized fish!

Also, more REAL scientific study as to what is truly impacting our natural resources. I suspect that the licensed, majority, of sport fishermen off our shores and float tubes and kayaks, mostly do C&R and have ZERO bad impact on our fish populations. Misguided legislation and protections of certain natural predators (sea lions) probably have more to do with population imbalances that truly impact the fish population.

More fishing programs to teach kids about our natural resounces, especially oceans and lakes, and get the hooked (pun intended) on fishing.

55 important things Empty Re: 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:06 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Own a license

C & R

Proper handling of fish caught

We have all encountered poachers so turn them in on the spot. If I even suspect unlicensed fisherman and or poaching I place a call. I don't care I just do it.

Become educated. Educate those around you.

65 important things Empty Re: 5 important things Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The problem is a select few who know that more than 2 rods is wrong, and that under sized fish, and that taking way more than the legal limit is wrong, they just don't care.

They know the dfg agents are spread pretty thin, and the chances of them getting caught are slim, and I guess they have no conscience, and can live with knowing they are breaking the law, but more importantly, causing harm to the fishery.

I also agree with the above..CPR and Resect the eco system.. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum