Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Freshwater Fishing tips and tricks » Fineness –Power fishing

Fineness –Power fishing

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fineness –Power fishing Empty Fineness –Power fishing on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I read this article last night and I was wondering does anyone use this technique it is called Fineness –Power fishing. People like KVD I believe the man that made it bigger have been using this technique for a while now. It is fairly simple it is the idea of meshing to methods in to one. Fineness fishing requires light line and slow fished lures, “worms, grubs ect…. Power fishing is all about heavy tackle and covering as much water as possible, make noise, move water and piss of the fish.

So when you put the two methods together you get Fineness – Power Fishing, Lighter lines slow fished lures but fished with more speed. The idea is to take those lures that you would normally fish on a slow very slow retrieve and speed it up to cover more water. Just like power fishing the idea is to get the reaction bite from the fish, they see it moving and instead of taking time to look it over they just have to have it. I am sure there are some situations that it would not be right for, like the article stated muddy water’s maybe not be the best choice, as they cannot see it from a distance. Clear water would work better, they said in clear water fish tend to feed more off of sight, making the reaction bite better.

I have not tried this method yet at least on purpose but I am planning on doing this real soon is there anyone out there that believes in this, who uses this method or can share some insight with the rest of us.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Fineness –Power fishing Empty Re: Fineness –Power fishing on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Good topic.

I haven't read the article but can tell you it's more of a shallow water technique (to me) than deep.

I use it for dropshotting on the delta quite a bit. I'll take a dropshot rig and cast it from about a foot to 3 feet off the bank, let it fall, one shake then reel it in and cast again. If I'm in my tube I'll be kicking or using the current the whole time and always moving. If I'm in my buddies boat, he'll throw a true reaction bait and keep the boat moving the entire time. This helps to cover potentially MILES of water and put the bait in front of the most fish that are holding in that water.

My biggest success on this technique came last year when fishing a kickboat event. I was able to quickly go back and forth over a 200 yard stretch about 6 times in 3 hours and was able to pickup one or two fish each pass. Although I was only using a 6" Roboworm and 3/16 oz weight on a VERY windy day I ended the day in 2nd place with 23.01 lbs for 5 fish. My big fish that day was a 7.82. I also lost another that would have exceeded 7 lbs and got another one that weighed 6.31. What started as a tough day (I started off flipping for a 13" and 2 lber for the first 4 hours) turned out to be one of my most fun days on the delta ever!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also started using an old #9 rapala minnow for the first time in 10-15 years this past summer on the delta when most people were complaining about getting keepers. I would throw it towards the tulles, let it sit for a couple seconds, twitch it then bring it in for the next cast. I just wish I had some more tournaments during this time as I was catching plenty of keepers along with some nicer fish as well!

There is a time and place for this but again, when you have the right conditions, it can be dynamite!

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

3Fineness –Power fishing Empty Re: Fineness –Power fishing on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Damn man those are some nice trophys right there. I did read that it is mainly for shallow waters, thanks for your input not sure when I am getting back out to fish but I plan on putting this technique in use on the next trip for sure.
I just hope I can land a few big boys like you did.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Fineness –Power fishing Empty Re: Fineness –Power fishing on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
hmm sounds interesting....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum