FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in I think I am obsessed.
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your favorite bass technique

+10
Renegade
bodfish
Hammer 4
Konacrush
aj7798
waxon67
smith's handpoured baits
Aquaholic38
MASSfisher
SmokeyBear
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Your favorite bass technique Empty Your favorite bass technique Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i want to hear everyones favorite/most used/most productive bass rig and how u fish it...u can be as specific as u want...im just curious lol

2Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Im assuming that your talking about freshwater bass....

In that case ive caught 90% of my largemouth on a texas rigged robbo worm....aarons magic (or whatever that color is). I love throwing crankbaits though....i love casting and cranking....over and over again and then you get SLAMMED!

Also i love topwater baits....holy crap. Pop pop pop pop SLAM!

In order of the most fun:
Topwater, cranks/spinner baits, texas rigged worms.

In order of most effective (for me, and i dont do a lot of freshwater bassin):
Texas rigged worm
Texas rigged worm
Texas rigged worm

Ive been doing a lot of freshwater fishing lately and really like experimenting with different stuff...but in the end its a worm that gets me the most bass.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:52 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I cant tell about most productive cuz I`ve only caught 3 little bass ever since i stared fishing the lakes, But my fav. is the frog in the foggy morning or late evening. with a bait caster, med havy road and braid 80# test.

4Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 am

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

thank u for clarifying MASSfisher...yes freshwater bass

5Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My favotite has got to be top water. nothing like it !
my most used & there for most productive would have to be a carolina rigged hand poured worm.
favorite color changes all the time, depending on what gets em to bite.
one of the perks of having my own "worm guy"!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

6Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:39 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Top water frog ...plug ...Ika kept on the surface. After that, a shaky head or any jig with worm or trailer on it.

7Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 am

sprinnerbaits. fresh or salt, it always gets the big girls.

8Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 am

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

for largemouth bass i use swim baits all day Rambo

9Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

c-rig or t-rig a baby brush hog watermellon candy works the best for perris and your local ponds and i'm sure everywhere else dragging it on the bottom slowly until you feel that unforgetable tap then bendo Hanapa'a boyz i'm a big fan of football jigs with a with a creature bait as my trailer Top water is awesome to watching dem crash on it is unforgetable

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

10Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 am

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

thanks for answering...its interesting to see the spread...i guess confidence is key lol

11Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SmokeyBear wrote:thank u for clarifying MASSfisher...yes freshwater bass

Sorry you were right to begin with...you posted it in the freshwater section lol

It seems to me that the ol' texas rigged worm is number 1 but not fun to use....its a slow presentation. For this reason guys go to other presentations....

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

12Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Over the years, I've found the most consistent way to catch LMB is drop shoting, you may not get the biggest fish, but this technique catches fish, also split shoting is another way to get fish, especially in high pressured water.

Baits can be 4 or 6" roboworms, or any hand poured worms, or small creature baits. When the fishing is tough these are 2 of your best bets to get fish.

Crank baits are another high percentage bait.

I throw big swimbaits for Big bass, although smaller fish will hit them.

Technique is dependent on, time of year, water clarity, type of forage, and in my case pressure from the gazillions of guys trying to catch bass.

13Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Over the years, I've found the most consistent way to catch LMB is drop shoting, you may not get the biggest fish, but this technique catches fish, also split shoting is another way to get fish, especially in high pressured water.

Baits can be 4 or 6" roboworms, or any hand poured worms, or small creature baits. When the fishing is tough these are 2 of your best bets to get fish.

Crank baits are another high percentage bait.

I throw big swimbaits for Big bass, although smaller fish will hit them.

Technique is dependent on, time of year, water clarity, type of forage, and in my case pressure from the gazillions of guys trying to catch bass.

I have to agree with this. But I still love to play with the frog. I always forget about split shotting. Funny cuz that is how I started out being the only technique I really knew that well. Now I always forget about it. Good points Hammer.

14Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dang, I should have mentioned that those aren't my favorite ways to fish, but they work. I also like froggin, and flippin, and throwing swimbaits, Cool

15Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i just love the number of responses that you guys offer up...definately one of the better boards ive been on

16Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Dang, I should have mentioned that those aren't my favorite ways to fish, but they work. I also like froggin, and flippin, and throwing swimbaits, Cool

Your like me..what I like and what works are not always one in the same...

17Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:40 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Favorite? or best? (most effective?)

Favorite?,... dry fly
Best?,... BIG streamers

bodfish

18Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Rubber legged and large articulated flies Cool

19Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oooooo,... articulated flies! Haven't gone there yet,.. tuff enuff tying the regular ones.
Hmmm,...

bodfish

20Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Oh yeah. Little Perch imitation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really is an easy tie.

21Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SWEEEEET!!

bodfish

22Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 pm

SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

that fly looks awesome

23Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Renegade wrote:Oh yeah. Little Perch imitation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really is an easy tie.

not fly guy myself but that looks pretty fishy.

24Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks, wait till I play with diver blades...look out rapala Very Happy green happy

25Your favorite bass technique Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I spent a good long time with diver blades,... not so good,... have a new idea.
SECRET!!! at least until I work few bugs out! Hee Hee ,... bugs, get it ?! I crack myself up.

bodfish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum