FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your favorite bass technique

+10
Renegade
bodfish
Hammer 4
Konacrush
aj7798
waxon67
smith's handpoured baits
Aquaholic38
MASSfisher
SmokeyBear
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

goldfish,.. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

27Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Lok Dog wrote:goldfish,.. Wink

goldfishhhhhhhhh, the best live bait in the world for LMB.

28Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:Oh yeah. Little Perch imitation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really is an easy tie.

Very nice Renegade!

29Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Seriously..? Goldfish can have parasites, ick is one that is common, and if introduced to the water, can have a bad effect on other fish. Also, while the dfg guidelines don't mention goldfish, they aren't listed as "legal" bait for LMB.

30Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Hammer 4 wrote:

Seriously..? Goldfish can have parasites, ick is one that is common, and if introduced to the water, can have a bad effect on other fish. Also, while the dfg guidelines don't mention goldfish, they aren't listed as "legal" bait for LMB.

all very true hammer but it is an awesome bait.

I have done it few times befor knowing all the bad things that come from it, this was meny years ago when I was much younger

31Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:Over the years, I've found the most consistent way to catch LMB is drop shoting, you may not get the biggest fish, but this technique catches fish, also split shoting is another way to get fish, especially in high pressured water.

Baits can be 4 or 6" roboworms, or any hand poured worms, or small creature baits. When the fishing is tough these are 2 of your best bets to get fish.

Crank baits are another high percentage bait.

I throw big swimbaits for Big bass, although smaller fish will hit them.

Technique is dependent on, time of year, water clarity, type of forage, and in my case pressure from the gazillions of guys trying to catch bass.

I have to agree with this. But I still love to play with the frog. I always forget about split shotting. Funny cuz that is how I started out being the only technique I really knew that well. Now I always forget about it. Good points Hammer.
Yo waxon! have you ever catch one on your frog techinc? I haven`t yet, but I`m persisten, When I get one I`ll be so exited!!

32Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Not on the frog becuase I rarely get to go to places I can slop and frog really. But top water yes I have. I love a top water bight. I hope this year to get a frog bit. That would be super cool. I fish them locally but mainly just to play. One day Eddie..one day.

33Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

all very true hammer but it is an awesome bait.

I have done it few times befor knowing all the bad things that come from it, this was meny years ago when I was much younger

most live fish are awesome baits, like trout, but then any game fish is illegal to use as bait. Glad to hear you don't do it any more.. Thumbs Up

34Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Not on the frog becuase I rarely get to go to places I can slop and frog really. But top water yes I have. I love a top water bight. I hope this year to get a frog bit. That would be super cool. I fish them locally but mainly just to play. One day Eddie..one day.

If you do get bit using a top water frog, Do Not set the hook upon the fish striking the bait, you will lose it. Do a fast 3 count, then swing for the fences.. Wink

35Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Not on the frog becuase I rarely get to go to places I can slop and frog really. But top water yes I have. I love a top water bight. I hope this year to get a frog bit. That would be super cool. I fish them locally but mainly just to play. One day Eddie..one day.

If you do get bit using a top water frog, Do Not set the hook upon the fish striking the bait, you will lose it. Do a fast 3 count, then swing for the fences.. Wink
I heard of that before before..hmm

36Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

Ya, every frog guy will tell you its what to do and still hard to make yourself do it. I would love to have the chance. Need to find those tooleys and pads...some slop to fish.

37Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

Ya, every frog guy will tell you its what to do and still hard to make yourself do it. I would love to have the chance. Need to find those tooleys and pads...some slop to fish.

There's a certain city park in O.C. that has, lily pads, at least they did a year ago..Some of the park lakes like El D have toolies where you can toss frogs. Also, don't limit your froggin to weeds, ect, they will work in open water to.. Wink

38Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

There's a certain city park in O.C. that has, lily pads, at least they did a year ago..Some of the park lakes like El D have toolies where you can toss frogs. Also, don't limit your froggin to weeds, ect, they will work in open water to.. Wink

Your right about that. Just hasn't happened for me yet. Eldo toolies been herbacided.

39Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

Your right about that. Just hasn't happened for me yet. Eldo toolies been herbacided.

Opps, forgot about the El D fiasco .. Crying or Very sad we will have to FW fishing one of these dayz.. Very Happy

40Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:

settle down its a joke lol

i know how uptight and pissed off LMB anglers get when you say the word "goldfish" as you just did,.. Wink

41Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:

settle down its a joke lol

i know how uptight and pissed off LMB anglers get when you say the word "goldfish" as you just did,.. Wink

I get pissed because of what I described above can have bad effects on all the fish in the area, not to mention the fish that takes the bait, so yeah, I get upset. If you post it w/o a smiley or something, I take it that you were serious..I have seen, and know of people that have done that. The fisheries for LMB's are declining.

42Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
I get pissed because of what I described above can have bad effects on all the fish in the area, not to mention the fish that takes the bait, so yeah, I get upset. If you post it w/o a smiley or something, I take it that you were serious..I have seen, and know of people that have done that. The fisheries for LMB's are declining.

but i did post it with a smiley Wink

43Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hammer 4 wrote:

while catfishing a few years ago we actually CAUGHT a VERY large gold fish!
not a carp, but a fancy bubble eyed thing with the huge feathery tail!
about 2 1/2 lbs. worth.
reeling it in by flashlight was a big surprize!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

44Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Favorite LMB bait Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:40 pm

Thoraks Jigs

FTFF Gathering Officer

My favorite bass catching lure/rig is the Thoraks Jigs Shakey Balls. The Bama Craw in a 3/8oz. My preferred trailer for this jig is a NetBait Tiny Paca Craw in Alabama Craw color. I'm not just saying this because we make them, I'm saying this because we have won the most money on these baits. The stand up action of these jigs makes the bass bite when other lures won't. My second favorite rig is a regular shakey headed worm. Preferring a finesse worm like a Damiki Finesse Miki. Deadly on heavily pressured fish.

http://thoraksjigs.com

45Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well welcome Thoraks Jigs we just had a small contest to give out a few of your jigs. Thanks for joining and thanks for the donation there will be more going out soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

46Your favorite bass technique - Page 2 Empty Re: Your favorite bass technique Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thoraks Jigs wrote:My favorite bass catching lure/rig is the Thoraks Jigs Shakey Balls. The Bama Craw in a 3/8oz. My preferred trailer for this jig is a NetBait Tiny Paca Craw in Alabama Craw color. I'm not just saying this because we make them, I'm saying this because we have won the most money on these baits. The stand up action of these jigs makes the bass bite when other lures won't. My second favorite rig is a regular shakey headed worm. Preferring a finesse worm like a Damiki Finesse Miki. Deadly on heavily pressured fish.
nice I will look to buy some thanks for the tips

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum