Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Shark fishin from my tube....

Shark fishin from my tube....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:53 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
.....would be sick.

What do you guys think....and I'm being like 30% serious right now which is scarey because after im done typing it'll be up to like 50% seriousness.

I get some big bloody macs or similar bait with a big stick and a big hook and kick kinda far out....drop it down and see what happens. People do it from a yak so why can't I do it from my tube?

I can catch sharks outside of DPH like a 5 minute kick.....

I'd get the shark up dip the gopro under and cut the leader. Would the shark ever turn on me....if i got towed too far i could always cut the line......

This sounds fun....

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
let me find a pic of my plastic that got attacked by shark when fishing the port, pretty crazy,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

3Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
didnt get the shark close enough to see what it was, either it was a blue or mako, not sure,.. but it was a battle!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
WTF man that's crazy. Did he like....fillet your plastic? That's insane. must have been an awesome fight

5Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:WTF man that's crazy. Did he like....fillet your plastic? That's insane. must have been an awesome fight

hell yea it was,.. lol

6Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:34 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Count your toes when you are done ythat is to much for me bro, but let us know if you are doing it. You might want to hit up BFJ he wanted to do these as well. It would be better if there was a few of you out there at the sametime just my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Count your toes when you are done ythat is to much for me bro, but let us know if you are doing it. You might want to hit up BFJ he wanted to do these as well. It would be better if there was a few of you out there at the sametime just my 2 cents.
X2 on that, and bring a vhf radio and life vest in case he bites your tube!

8Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Marine!
I give you points for balls! Then again, you are a Marine!! My only remark to your idea is that you are in the worst possible craft to try and handle a shark of any real size. Sharks are dangerous because they are incredibly stupid, unpredictable, powerful, and destructive. (emphasis on stupid!) If you are hell bent for leather to do this give me a PM and I will give you the best advice I can. Jeeeeez!

bodfish

9Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Let know when your ready. I'll make arrangements with the boat and I'll get that chum slick going for you Thumbs Up

10Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
i always wanted to catch a shark on a tube i told everyone yup one day im gonna catch a shark i always try to catch them when im surfing they will come by and i try to swim after them and catch them but there fast little guys lol they arnt very big but to catch a big one on a tube would be awsome but a wise man once said "sharks only bit if you touch there private parts" just keep it in mind

11Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i always wanted to catch a shark on a tube i told everyone yup one day im gonna catch a shark i always try to catch them when im surfing they will come by and i try to swim after them and catch them but there fast little guys lol they arnt very big but to catch a big one on a tube would be awsome but a wise man once said "sharks only bit if you touch there private parts" just keep it in mind

especially when you stick your finger in the sharks butt!

12Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i always wanted to catch a shark on a tube i told everyone yup one day im gonna catch a shark i always try to catch them when im surfing they will come by and i try to swim after them and catch them but there fast little guys lol they arnt very big but to catch a big one on a tube would be awsome but a wise man once said "sharks only bit if you touch there private parts" just keep it in mind

especially when you stick your finger in the sharks butt!

lol haha ya they dont like the hitch hiker to much

13Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
imagine catching one of these on the tube! awesome,..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok called a few friends and got some good advice, tips and quite a few warnings,...
like I said before if you are hell bent to do this let's talk. No matter what it will make a hell of a hat cam video!!!

bodfish

15Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:34 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Keep us posted if your going to do it !

16Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well two things gave me this idea:

I have a buddy who's targeted bat rays from his tube before....talk about going for a ride.

Also i caught that angel shark from my tube and thats by far the coolest thing ive seen pulled in from a float tube before.

Im thinking about it but this is not something I HAVE to do...but something id wanna do. I wouldnt do it without the gopro rolling...this would be something that needs to be recorded.

As far as safety i dont really see the shark getting mad and going after me....possible but i feel like after being caught hed swim off...right?

At the very least id bing my kabar with me so id have some type of defense....

Im not worried about losing toes....more worried about losing a leg. I bet with fins on though the shark would have nore trouble taking a whole leg than just a foot or something.

This sounded pretty cool last night but today sounds kinda crazy hehe.

As far as sharks...i dont see a great white or other "man eater" going after what ill be using as bait.

17Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Flip a thresher over and it dies is what i just heard. Bat rays are fun and doable I would imagine a leopard shark is doable. I guess you never know what you gonna get huh? That is the trick right there.

Me I am after boat rowers this summer Twisted Evil

18Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
too much mana fo me bra

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

19Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:18 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Wait..we're already a human meal sitting in a donut, ringing a shark lunch bell every time we kick, are we?

20Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Go get them Marine......

21Shark fishin from my tube.... Empty Re: Shark fishin from my tube.... on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Flip a thresher over and it dies is what i just heard. Bat rays are fun and doable I would imagine a leopard shark is doable. I guess you never know what you gonna get huh? That is the trick right there.

Me I am after boat rowers this summer Twisted Evil

How would you handle the stinger? I'd be worried about getting myself stung, and the ray puncturing my tube. Or just get 'em close, flash some color, take a pic, cut line?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum