The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» LAH Sundowner Sun 11-17-19
by SP Dan Today at 7:28 pm

» We are going to be 10 years old soon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:12 pm

» The 9th Annual FTFF Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:43 pm

» Lo Pro and Air Craft pretty cool video
by Jerdon Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:42 pm

» Black Friday Maxxon offer
by jeffcpr Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:36 pm

» This was shared with me on Facebook
by SP Dan Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:19 pm

» Maxxon 240 and 239
by jeffcpr Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:44 pm

» Day #3 of 3-Day Weekend, Mon 11-11-2019, Veteran's Day
by SP Dan Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:35 pm

» Who has tried these knots
by jeffcpr Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:27 pm

» WOOD NET • BLACK $29.99
by TobyB Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:36 am

» STONE FLY COMBO OUTFIT 10% FTFF discount
by jeffcpr Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:54 pm

» Storing you tube when winter roles in
by jeffcpr Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube and Pontoon Tips, Tricks and Mods » How To Carry Your Float Tube

How To Carry Your Float Tube

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Mine came with straps but i did not know were to hook them



Last edited by ed5000x on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

3How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
turtle back thats the way to go

4How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Sling it over my shoulder fill's like I am going to dislocate it but that goes away once I am in the water. Very Happy


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Love the vid Phil..... Me personally I always throw my prowler on my back so much easier.....

6How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Anytime I strap a pack to my back I always have flashbacks of going on a "hump", MASSfisher I know you can relate especially since you were a grunt. Then I always start hearing in my head an oh too familiar cadence, "here we go, were at it again, were moving out were moving in, MASSfisher you know it sing it with me LOL

7How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:08 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Anytime I strap a pack to my back I always have flashbacks of going on a "hump", MASSfisher I know you can relate especially since you were a grunt. Then I always start hearing in my head an oh too familiar cadence, "here we go, were at it again, were moving out were moving in, MASSfisher you know it sing it with me LOL
You just flashed me back to boot camp in San Diego, on the grinder marching with my 70 lb. seabag.
Shocked Shocked

8How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Love the vid Phil..... Me personally I always throw my prowler on my back so much easier.....

X2

9How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I don't think I could carry my tube on my back with all the junk I have stuck on it anymore. Rolling Eyes

10How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:41 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Haha yes that brings back some bad flashbacks. Try doing a 25 mile hike in Yuma Arizona. Funny thing is that the hikes leading up to that were 10x's worse.


I usually dont have to go far to get to the water so ill just grab my fishcat by the two handles next to the seat. Sometimes ill shove my arm through the hole and go as far as i can before having to put the tube down and re grab all my gear (fins, net, pfd, rod).

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

11How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Nice instruction. Just an opinionate approach though:

Would it not be easier to have the float sits a bit higher on your back? The back of your legs are not bothered by the bouncing float's body due to the constant contact of the chair/entry areas. By sitting higher, you also utilize the curvature of the float's to shade you from the California sun during summer time. Higher positioning also give you the better control over the float and its' PVC frame since you have great balance level for the front and rear with the grab of your hands. Sitting low on your body will shift the weight to the rear, rather than distributing to the front. However, sitting high will be a pain when there's wind current working against you.

12How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I just watched the video and that's a really good idea. Very simple but something i didnt think of. See, i have a fish cat and most of the d-rings on mine are on the under side. I tube so much and dont have a free source of fresh water (from a hose) so my tube remains wet and sandy longer than i ever want it to. For this reason i just avoid the underside of it.


Now I have an idea....i lost my wader belt so i bought 2 adjustable belts from walmart...they buckle in the front but get the job done. Ill keep these on my tube and use them to backpack it to the water...never again will i get to the water and forget my waders belt. I have a checklist but sometimes im in a rush and forget it...


Asian Guy makes some good points too but for me i never have to travel that far to the water for it to make a huge difference.


Nice video Phil...and I didnt know you were a Marine too....now theres 3 of us!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

13How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
"Nice video Phil...and I didnt know you were a Marine too....now theres 3 of us!"


ahhhhhhhh heck now we're really bad ass! Semper Fi! Phil

14How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Very good video. I also have the Cumberland and never really figured out how to use the two straps it came with. Thanks again for posting.

15How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Very good video. I also have the Cumberland and never really figured out how to use the two straps it came with. Thanks again for posting.

Doesn't the Cucumber have D rings under the seat for the straps? That is how you pack a ODC 420 on your back?

Just asking. Very Happy

16How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:09 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nice instruction. Just an opinionate approach though:

Would it not be easier to have the float sits a bit higher on your back? The back of your legs are not bothered by the bouncing float's body due to the constant contact of the chair/entry areas. By sitting higher, you also utilize the curvature of the float's to shade you from the California sun during summer time. Higher positioning also give you the better control over the float and its' PVC frame since you have great balance level for the front and rear with the grab of your hands. Sitting low on your body will shift the weight to the rear, rather than distributing to the front. However, sitting high will be a pain when there's wind current working against you.
I have two rods in my hand and I just push the rod butts against the seat and it keeps the seat off of my legs.

17How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:10 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sling it over my shoulder fill's like I am going to dislocate it but that goes away once I am in the water. Very Happy
Then you fish with your left shoulder three inches lower than your right shoulder for awhile. Smile

18How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I just watched the video and that's a really good idea. Very simple but something i didnt think of. See, i have a fish cat and most of the d-rings on mine are on the under side. I tube so much and dont have a free source of fresh water (from a hose) so my tube remains wet and sandy longer than i ever want it to. For this reason i just avoid the underside of it.


Now I have an idea....i lost my wader belt so i bought 2 adjustable belts from walmart...they buckle in the front but get the job done. Ill keep these on my tube and use them to backpack it to the water...never again will i get to the water and forget my waders belt. I have a checklist but sometimes im in a rush and forget it...


Asian Guy makes some good points too but for me i never have to travel that far to the water for it to make a huge difference.


Nice video Phil...and I didnt know you were a Marine too....now theres 3 of us!
Distant cousin to the Marines...... U.S. Navy.

19How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:15 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Very good video. I also have the Cumberland and never really figured out how to use the two straps it came with. Thanks again for posting.

Doesn't the Cucumber have D rings under the seat for the straps? That is how you pack a ODC 420 on your back?

Just asking. Very Happy
I never met a cucumber with D rings. lol!

20How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:59 am

webrx


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Phil,

Navy here also - fair winds!

As for getting the cumberland higher, I have connected the straps to the carry handles with caribeaners, interconnected like you show on your vid, this gets it up higher on your back, and eliminates the bouncing off the back of your legs for us short guys (I'm only 5'9").

d

21How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:56 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Yes i am going to hook up some strap soon but i have wheels on mine right now

22How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Phil,

Navy here also - fair winds!

As for getting the cumberland higher, I have connected the straps to the carry handles with caribeaners, interconnected like you show on your vid, this gets it up higher on your back, and eliminates the bouncing off the back of your legs for us short guys (I'm only 5'9").

d
This sounds like the next step! What size are your caribeaners? Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it.

23How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Sat May 05, 2012 7:49 pm

webrx


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I believe they are 2 inch caribeaners. they are a pair I bought at Home Depot in a package, not the smallest ones, but not the biggest either.

I hook the beaners to the straps, and clip the straps to the beaners.

d

24How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I picked some up yesterday and pumped up the tube and tried them out. Thanks.

25How To Carry Your Float Tube Empty Re: How To Carry Your Float Tube on Thu May 17, 2012 9:23 pm

webrx


New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
did it carry better for you with the straps hooked to the handles?

d

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum