FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Live scope in your glasses
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT: Swimming Pool Questions

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey guys.. sorry for this off-topic post..
just have a few questions about swimming pools..

We are semi-seriously considering buying a house, downsizing to a smaller house in a different neighborhood, but has a POOL. (Kids are so excited beyond belief..)

Anyways, I've never had a pool, but here's the situation:

The pool is a bit dated. I think kind of kidney-bean shaped with a small jacuzi/spa built into the side. There's a single low diving board that looks really dated, and I wouldn't risk standing on it! Supposedly, the pool equipment is newer, about 4-5 years old. It's a standard chlorine pool. My wife likes the saltwater pool, and the kids too.. seems nicer, less smell, better for skin and hair, etc.

I did a search, and asked a co-worker, who said it's not all that much to convert to a saltwater pool. Is that true? I've heard that saltwater might cost less per month than the chemicals needed per month for a chlorine pool?
and.. it's better for you.

Some people talk about pebble-tec pools? Is this a lining? Is it worth doing at the time I empty the pool to convert over to saltwater? Ballpark, how much might this cost to do?

I'd also like to get rid of the diving board, and perhaps add a rock structure, with a rock slide into the pool...

On the more unlikely list... making the pool a bit bigger. I am guessing this would basically be like installing and building a whole new pool from scratch, since you'd need to tear into and demo an existing pool. So that's probably out of the question.

Last question.. how good do those roof solar heating arrays work? I hear they are pretty slick, and self-sufficient with solar panels that run the pump only when the sun is out (duh, right??), and not tooo crazy expensive. Are these definitely worthwhile vs cost to heat pool with electricity or gas?

Sorry.. this turned out to be more questions than I had originally thought!

Please post up, or PM, or email me at: fishninjay(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thanks guys..
-Jay

2OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

man u salty guys just cant get away from the salt huh lol!

3OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:man u salty guys just cant get away from the salt huh lol!

BASS POND!! Twisted Evil lol!

4OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:56 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I don't know how much different it would be but my dad has an above ground pool that he converted over from chlorine to salt. From what he says, the maintenance is substantially less with the salt.

Don't know too much about it, only what he has told me.

-----------------------------------

P.S.
I just spoke with my dad and he said the tool is called "salt chlorinator". It was around $200 and well worth it.

5OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Doc hit me up. I can help you with pool questions and yes I have a salt water pool, it's way better than chlorinated pools.

6OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I don't know how much different it would be but my dad has an above ground pool that he converted over from chlorine to salt. From what he says, the maintenance is substantially less with the salt.

P.S.
I just spoke with my dad and he said the tool is called "salt chlorinator". It was around $200 and well worth it.

For a inground pool your looking closer to $800 for a salt system plus install.

7OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:I don't know how much different it would be but my dad has an above ground pool that he converted over from chlorine to salt. From what he says, the maintenance is substantially less with the salt.

P.S.

For a inground pool your looking closer to $800 for a salt system plus install.

yeah, I think that sounds about right, but I was just googling it. Wasn't sure what the local prices might be. Plus draining the pool, scrubbing it clean, install, machinery, and refill, etc.. the range on google was like $1000-2500. Thx.. -J

8OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:34 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yup, looking closer to $1,500-2,000
For salt,wash then fill.

9OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

with that money, i'd buy a boat and go fish the salt lol!

10OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

and you wont have to worry about cleaning the water...

11OT:  Swimming Pool Questions Empty Re: OT: Swimming Pool Questions Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:with that money, i'd buy a boat and go fish the salt lol!

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum