FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Murray 3/20
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:55 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by david886720 Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:26 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:21 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by BobBfishin Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:48 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Umbrella rig
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Live scope in your glasses
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Pre rigging stinger hooks
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hottest Weather You've Tubed In?

+3
Tubinferbass
.:LOLLY:.
StCroixFan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have had my tube for 2 weeks now and have yet to get it wet once. I'd like to get out this Friday but it is supposed to be 100degrees. The low is 73. I'm thinking about attempting to get out early. The lake I'm fishing I feel is too nasty to go wet wading. I'll have to wear waders and I'm going to wear my vest just kind of a afraid of cooking myself. What is the hottest weather you've tubed in? I tried out the life vest on a pedal boat with my family last weekend. It felt like wearing a jacket in the summer. It was killing me with the humidity.

http://fishwithkev.blogspot.com

2Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This vest that you are talking, is it a fly fishing vest or a pfd?

The only thing I can think of is to get out there as early as possible, wear light colors, sun block, and plenty of water. Just get out there as long as you can handle it and when it gets too hot simply pull the plug and go home. Hopefully you'll get into an insane bite that will make your trip well worth it!

3Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:50 pm

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lolly,

My bad for not specifiying more. It's a PFD. It has mesh over the shoulders so I figured it would be cooler but if it's humid enough it really doesn't matter what you're wearing.

Last edited by StCroixFan on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:This vest that you are talking, is it a fly fishing vest or a pfd?

The only thing I can think of is to get out there as early as possible, wear light colors, sun block, and plenty of water. Just get out there as long as you can handle it and when it gets too hot simply pull the plug and go home. Hopefully you'll get into an insane bite that will make your trip well worth it!

X2 I agree! Ive floated in 112+ an light colored cloths is a must! I would rec not wrarin a pfd jus have it handy. An rember to let lil spurts of air outta your tube so she dont pop in the heat.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Like Tubinferbass said, if the area isn't too sketchy, just have it handy. I rarely wear mine but I do carry it with me. Hopefully I'll have time to reach for it if I ever go down.

6Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:22 pm

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Like Tubinferbass said, if the area isn't too sketchy, just have it handy. I rarely wear mine but I do carry it with me. Hopefully I'll have time to reach for it if I ever go down.

I've never fished there before so I can't really say if it's sketchy. Also if you just have your pfd there "handy" do you really think you'd be in the state of mind to grab it if something weird happened? Like your tube just burst or a shark came up and bit your tube, some one hit you with their jet ski. All of these things are stuff you'd never expect and I doubt your first instinct would be to grab your pfd. I'm sure you'd spend half a minute just trying to figure out what the hell just happened. If you're wearing the pfd that's one less thing you have to worry about. Just my opinion.

7Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That is a very valid point that has crossed my mind quite a bit...

8Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:30 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hottest ive been tubing in was like 98? almost 100 but i was pretty cool, i rarely get hot out there cause i don't wear waders but everyone else i tube with that as waders on tend to say its super hot and such but i stay pretty cool.

9Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Melted My Shoes Off! Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm

RetsofNV

RetsofNV
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have a story about tubing in the heat.

I live in Las Vegas and sometimes tube at Willow Beach on the AZ side of the Colorado River. On one trip last August, as I was lugging my gear back to the car, after fishing for several hours, the parking lot was so hot, that the soles melted off of my Simms Flats Boots that I used to wear with my fins. The soles stuck to the asphalt and I walked right out of them. The air temp was 116 F according to my car. The river is very cold, so it's actually comfortable tubing in that kind of heat, but I can't get my gear off soon enough when I hit the beach. sunny

10Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 pm

StCroixFan

StCroixFan
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

RetsofNV wrote: the parking lot was so hot, that the soles melted off of my Simms Flats Boots that I used to wear with my fins. The soles stuck to the asphalt and I walked right out of them.
Shocked Shocked

11Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:38 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It gets so hot in neoprene waders that after im done Fishing and take them off,the inside smells like burned rubber!! Razz

12Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Empty Re: Hottest Weather You've Tubed In? Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 pm

ODCtuber

ODCtuber
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:It gets so hot in neoprene waders that after im done Fishing and take them off,the inside smells like burned rubber!! Razz

That's a good case for breathable waders. Neoprenes are more cost effective and great for the colder months, but in the summer season the comfort and weight of the breathables make a big difference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum