Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube and Pontoon Tips, Tricks and Mods » Pressure relief valves on float tubes.

Pressure relief valves on float tubes.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:36 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I have been thinking about installing pressure relief valves in my Cumberland FT. I found somewhere on the internet a reference to Classic Accessories Float tubes which stated that the maximum air pressure was 2.5lb psi.
I know that most of you would probably, through experience adjust pressures in your tubes dependant on weather conditions, but I was contemplating a blow up and leave for the day, set up. Having the tube inflated to maximum would give maximum carrying capacity without stressing the seams, if a blow off valve was incorporate.
Classic Accessories do not manufacture a pressure relief valve that I know of, and a search of the internet located a few options that may be passable, dependant on the thread of the FT matching these valves.
A couple of the valves I have found so far are located here

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and on page 30 here:
2. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One of the valves is a fairly pricey option but aside from that, I would like some input on this modification.

2Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:34 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I am about to tell you something that will save you money and blow your mind all at the same time LOL. Just found out on Friday (thanks wiseguy) that the cumberland already has one built in. That's right! You already have one and didn't even know it! Wiseguy found out by accident.

To check this out all you have to do is inflate your tube all the way. Once inflated, sit in the tube and push sideways on the valve. Place your palm on the side of the valve stem/cap and push sideways. You will start to hear the air slowly coming out and when you let go of the valve, the air stops coming out. We tried this on three different Cumberlands, so we know it wasn't a fluke.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You can just go ahead and send me the money you were going to spend on those valves Thumbs Up lol!

3Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Absolutely! The new cumberlands come with the pressure relief valves. And I've noticed that on some hot days of tubing my tube deflates itself a little to avoid popping in the hot sun. In the hot sun your bladders will expand but with the new boston valves that the cumberland comes with that is not a problem!...and yes, i found this out by mistake! Red Smile

4Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:44 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Good Info here,Just another reason to upgrade to a cumberland! Thumbs Up

5Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good Info here,Just another reason to upgrade to a cumberland! Thumbs Up

x2, that will really come in handy! need a Cumberland soon..

6Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Thanks Guys, I love this forum. Not only for the exchange of information but the cool pics as well.
Lolly, I'm broke at the moment will you take fish? (might be a bit off by the time you get them) cheers cheers

7Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Pictures of fish from your area will also work Thumbs Up

8Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:30 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
No worries mate, planning a trip with the guy across the road, the last week in august, to my favourite lake in western victoria.
Will have plenty of pics then.

9Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:23 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Yep I think this forum is doing the job very well now, and I agreee just another reason to upgrade to the Cumberland
salute (Cover Bonanza 15% off) salute

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:47 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yep I think this forum is doing the job very well now, and I agreee just another reason to upgrade to the Cumberland

x2 ill be hitting you up soon about that Smile

11Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:35 pm

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
wow these cumberland tubes are way too cool, glad I got one 4 months ago Very Happy

12Pressure relief valves on float tubes. Empty Re: Pressure relief valves on float tubes. on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yep I think this forum is doing the job very well now, and I agreee just another reason to upgrade to the Cumberland

x2 ill be hitting you up soon about that Smile

X3 count me in too!! Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum