Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Long Beach/Alamitos Bay

Long Beach/Alamitos Bay

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 am

ol dirty basser

ol dirty basser
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
What's up guys...

I'm going to be staying in Long Beach for a night, and will probably bring my tube with me to fish a little on Saturday morning. I was thinking about LB harbor, but have been reading a little about Alamitos Bay.

Alamitos Bay looks nice to tube, but from what I have seen online it doesn't seem too productive. I'm not necessarily looking for it to be epic, but I don't want to fish for 4 hours with only a 5" sandie and a lizardfish to show for it.

I don't want to drive down to Newport, although I have always wanted to fish there.

I am coming up from San Diego and I mostly fish freshwater, but have definitely done more than my share of bay fishing from shore, tube and boat.

Do you think the harbor or Los Alamitos are worth my time?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

2Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I would say go to long beach harbor instead of the lab....

3Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:55 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
where exactly is "Long Beach Harbor"? I don't think I've ever been there but Los Alamitos Bay isn't too bad, I heard its been picking up a lot. The bites are getting better.

4Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am

ol dirty basser

ol dirty basser
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
By Long Beach Harbor I mean anyplace around the downtown waterfront, cruise ship areas, etc. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I went to CSULB for awhile, but didn't really fish around there.

If anybody has recommendations on good places to launch, it would be appreciated as well. I have been tubing for a long time and can launch pretty much anywhere, but easy is always nice.

Thanks again for the replies.

5Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:where exactly is "Long Beach Harbor"? I don't think I've ever been there but Los Alamitos Bay isn't too bad, I heard its been picking up a lot. The bites are getting better.
long beach harbor is next to linden beach & grissom island where u were Fishing with jesus.. lol!

6Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:where exactly is "Long Beach Harbor"? I don't think I've ever been there but Los Alamitos Bay isn't too bad, I heard its been picking up a lot. The bites are getting better.
long beach harbor is next to linden beach & grissom island where u were Fishing with jesus.. lol!

OHH!! lol! kinda thought it was but i didn't think it was at the same time! lol!

7Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:17 pm

ol dirty basser

ol dirty basser
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

Hmmm... Did some googling (Linden and Grissom Island) and that seems to be right next to the Hyatt, where I'll be staying. Might be the deal right there.

8Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:56 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I saw you hit the long beach harbor

9Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I saw you hit the long beach harbor

we should hit it up again jesus. linden beach and into the harbor but this time lets work the whole harbor lol!

10Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:22 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I'm down, but idk when cuz I'm working over night and i probably won't have time to tube till like sometime in oct or probably this weekend but till after 9am

11Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:23 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm down, but idk when cuz I'm working over night and i probably won't have time to tube till like sometime in oct or probably this weekend but till after 9am

dammn lol. hard working man hahaha

12Long Beach/Alamitos Bay Empty Re: Long Beach/Alamitos Bay on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm down, but idk when cuz I'm working over night and i probably won't have time to tube till like sometime in oct or probably this weekend but till after 9am

dammn lol. hard working man hahaha
You noe it
Work hard, play hard

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum