Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Flyfishing Corner » Who Ties Fly's?

Who Ties Fly's?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:19 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Very nice job. Can't put up a pic from my phone, have only been tying 3" and bigger lately.

Love to see them.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Matcing the hatch!? green happy green happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Really like the guinea feather on the big streamer. Its one of my favorite plumes and Im always looking for a new way to use them!
Thanks!

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

27Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I tie.
large barbless hook streamers

28Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I getting back in to it. (after I see the eye Dr.)

29Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I started up again after putting it down for the last 2 years, ya it is hard to see Shocked  i need to get a magnifying glass to help me out. Post up some flies when you get some done we would like to see.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

30Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I started up again after putting it down for the last 2 years, ya it is hard to see Shocked  i need to get a magnifying glass to help me out.  Post up some flies when you get some done we would like to see.

I tried to post a picture but could not, do I have to have a min number of posts? It says (Max size per file : 0 Mb)

31Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:39 pm

tches354

tches354
New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I am a Tyer from Decatur TX. I enjoy tying as I am medically disabled, having lost most of my intestines 17 years ago, I don't get to get on the lakes or streams very often, but I have always been a fisherman, Tying flies is a way for me to stay involved in a favorite pastime of mine, I enjoy learning about flies and the history behind them as well as occasionally talking with some of the masters of the tying and fly fishing world.

God Bless each of you
Terry Chester

32Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Welcome tches354 glad you have a way to stay involved in this sport. Fly tying is just a great way to spend time and keep yourself involved in fishing. Look forward to seeing some of your creations.

33Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:58 pm

doc2789

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I've been tying flies for around 40 years. I have taught many people how to tie flies and also how to fly fish. If you think that you are going to save money by tying your own flies, you are far from the truth. What you get from tying your own is the satisfaction of catching fish with something that you have made. The cost of buying the fishing equipment for fishing itself is not that expensive. But like anything it's as expensive as you want to make it. Before you attempt to fly fish from a tube or pontoon, have someone teach you the basics. It's better to have personal lessons. There are you tube videos but the video cannot tell you if you are doing something wrong. The same goes for learning to tie flies, there are plenty of videos on you tube, but if your doing something wrong a video can't tell you.

34Who Ties Fly's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Ties Fly's? on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
doc2789 thanks for sharing and the info. When you have some time if you like share a few flies you have tied. It would be cool to see what you have done. I am looking for the picture of the black widow I have done before. Hope I can find it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum