» Dave Scadden Rampage Pontoon Boat to sell
by SP Dan Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:24 am

» Spotties at Huntington Harbor 8.18.19
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:32 pm

» LAH Wed After Work 8-21-2019
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm

» Anouncement for the 2nd Annual HUB Tournament in Oct
by SP Dan Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 pm

» How many Women Float Tubers do we have here?
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

» FS: SevenBass Design Element Float Tube Package Deal!
by jeffcpr Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Why do u like/love fishing, where and how did u learn?

Why do u like/love fishing, where and how did u learn?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
When i was growing up i didn't have my dad around all the time, but when he was he was teaching me how to fish, now when i go fishing i always think of how much fun me n him had.
N if it want my dad it was my uncle (Dads brother) n they learned from my grandfather, who was n awesome Fisherman i wish i could have learned from him.

Where did u guys learn, who taught u all the tricks, what are your fondest memories.
If u don't mind sharing

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Learnt from my old man. One of the most vivid memories I have is tromping through the mud and rain to get to a favourite fishing spot at a tidal river in westernport bay. Dad used to take all three of us boys and we absolutely hated it! Mud in everything,and everything wet.
Looking back they weren't such bad times.

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Hmmm I think it was freshmen year in hs my buddy took me fishing for blue gills after that i was fishing on and off until senior year I decided to hit up the jetty in long beach some random man Seen me struggling and gettinng frustrated decided to help me out seen him pull up big halis and I wanted to do the same I caught one short hali and then I was hooked wanting to catch bigger ones after that I kept coming back and the man kept teaching me more and more that's when I knew I was hooked me and that man became good friends ill never forget what he tought me

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Learnt from my old man. One of the most vivid memories I have is tromping through the mud and rain to get to a favourite fishing spot at a tidal river in westernport bay. Dad used to take all three of us boys and we absolutely hated it! Mud in everything,and everything wet.
Looking back they weren't such bad times.
Lol sounds great...i remember my dad use to yell at me for not tying my
knots right or setting my hooks wrong lol
Now when I go to Montana to visit we compete so much lol n yell at each other lol

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
ChompOnThis wrote:Hmmm I think it was freshmen year in hs my buddy took me fishing for blue gills after that i was fishing on and off until senior year I decided to hit up the jetty in long beach some random man Seen me struggling and gettinng frustrated decided to help me out seen him pull up big halis and I wanted to do the same I caught one short hali and then I was hooked wanting to catch bigger ones after that I kept coming back and the man kept teaching me more and more that's when I knew I was hooked me and that man became good friends ill never forget what he tought me
That's kool man...now u gotta pay it forward, when u see youngsters or anyone struggling u gotta show them what time it is, and its kool u guys stayed friends

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Mikem909 wrote:
ChompOnThis wrote:Hmmm I think it was freshmen year in hs my buddy took me fishing for blue gills after that i was fishing on and off until senior year I decided to hit up the jetty in long beach some random man Seen me struggling and gettinng frustrated decided to help me out seen him pull up big halis and I wanted to do the same I caught one short hali and then I was hooked wanting to catch bigger ones after that I kept coming back and the man kept teaching me more and more that's when I knew I was hooked me and that man became good friends ill never forget what he tought me
That's kool man...now u gotta pay it forward, when u see youngsters or anyone struggling u gotta show them what time it is, and its kool u guys stayed friends

Yup I love teaching ppl that's willing to learn sadly that man passed away a couple months after I met him

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin
the feel of fighting a fish i the reason why i like to fish. plus it was a great way to pass the time and stay out of trouble when i was unemployed.

learn to fish in the e.sierras as a kid. my family would visit the es once a year so i only went fishing once a year. my father and uncle were the ones that showed me how to bait-n-wait. stopped fishing as a teenager and started again a few years back when i became unemployed. my primo and a good buddy of mine taught my to fly fish and bass fish. retaught myself how to trout fish with artificials.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:the feel of fighting a fish i the reason why i like to fish. plus it was a great way to pass the time and stay out of trouble when i was unemployed.

learn to fish in the e.sierras as a kid. my family would visit the es once a year so i only went fishing once a year. my father and uncle were the ones that showed me how to bait-n-wait. stopped fishing as a teenager and started again a few years back when i became unemployed. my primo and a good buddy of mine taught my to fly fish and bass fish. retaught myself how to trout fish with artificials.
The bait and wait lol that's how i learned...that's the first thing my dad and uncle showed me too, but now I'm mainly artificials lol

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
always went out with my grandpa he went fishin for crappies on the docks and i went off trin to find bass

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
back when i was younger i learned from my dad somewhat. When i was like 8 years old my dad used to ask me if i want to go fishing with him and it would be like 3 or 4 in the morning. He used to go every time he had a chance off work and i would always go with him. He taught me how to cast but didn't really catch on to tying my own hooks. My dad retired from fishing because work got in the way too much. I would go here and there with my bro or friends once in a big while with shrimp, anchovies or squid. You know, cast and wait cause i didn't know anything about plastic at the time. But when I turn 18 i finally got my license i started fishing more. I would always go to the jetty. Didn't really use plastic at the time because i only knew how to catch live bait and use live bait so i would go catch halibuts and basses all day but i love the feel of catching fishes and how it would put up a fight and i was just hooked. Now that I picked up a float tube, i think i made the best fishing choice ever!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
I learnd at the age of 5 at Laguna Lake in Fullerton. My dad took me he had not fished sence he was a young boy. But I want to go so he got some gear from my uncle and took me out. I landed a nice Bluegill that day and I was hooked. We started going camping in the summers and would spend that time at Lake Gregory were I learned to fish artificials, No more bait-n-wait for me.
I think one of the best memories for me come from those summers on Lake Gregory fishing with my dad. One such memory would be fishnig from a boat we rented and landing some nice 3 and 4 pound trout. I need to work on memories with my own kids now. To start with all three of my kids have all caught there first fish a Laguna Lake like me. Time to create more.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

bigmouthbasshole

bigmouthbasshole
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Like some of you, I learned to fish from "Pops"! He wasn't much of a fisherman, but always found time to take us to the lake. He would sometimes work a 60 hr week and then take us night fishing for cats out at Silverwood.

I got him a tube setup this summer and took him to lake alpine. Here's a pic of him on the lake

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
My Grandpa was a guide up at June Lake after he retired. He'd go up sometime in April and come back home sometime in Sept. After he passed away, we got all his fishing gear. Unfortunatly my family wasn't into fishing. Over the years all of Grandpa's gear started goin into the trash. I was able to save his surf rod and a Old Penn reel. I didn't get into fishin until my mid 20s or so. My first time was with my brother and his buddy up out of Big Pine. A few years later, a Buddy and I went up to Lone Pine for the opener and have been fishing off and on since. No one has ever taught me fishing, so it's an education every time I get to go. Thanks to my health issues and the economy, I haven't been fishin all this year. Cept the one time I went to Puddingstone with one of the members back in Janurary.
Hope to see more members before the end of the year..

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
this is a cool topic thanks for posting oh the memories

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum